[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom losing her mind over me looking for other job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: avatar_335ed12f579c_512.png (174KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
174KB, 512x512px
It's important to note before we jump into this, I'm 30 years old, own my own home and car, and make good money. I'm not some kid, but my mom is causing a problem.

The story: I've been with my company for two years. You'd all probably know it if I said it, it's been a tremendous opportunity and I like the people. But a bunch of people have been fired or have quit, and senior management just decided to merge my team into another, change my job title, and asked us all to cross-train each other on responsibilities at the busiest time of the year.

So I've decided to look for other jobs. I just got reached out to by a major company by the way of my old Vice President, and excitedly, I let it slip to my mom and dad.

That's where my mom comes in and has lost it - its sent her into a sheer panic that I'm thinking about leaving my company. She says it's too big a name and that I'll never amount to anything if I do leave and that my happiness doesn't matter. She's threatening to divorce my dad and take half of his things if I do this, along with vandalizing my home and my car. (She has stolen my car once in the past.)

This would be her 5th divorce, and second from him, so I believe it. Little does she know, I already left the first job.

Any idea how I mitigate this for her to calm down a little? Professional help I can contact?
>>
Tell your mom to fuck off. She sounds like an awful person. I'd
Disown my own mom if she even did half the the stuff your mom is saying.
>>
>>17828221
If this isn't b8, your mum is a fucking mental case and you shouldn't even be talking to her, let alone taking advice from her. Get her into a psych ward.
>>
>that my happiness doesn't matter. She's threatening to divorce my dad and take half of his things if I do this, along with vandalizing my home and my car. (She has stolen my car once in the past.)
Holy fuck what, why isnt she in a mental hospital?
>>
She needs to see a doctor, and she also needs to see a psychiatrist, preferably one referred by said doctor. She's got a problem.
>>
>>17828221
Tell your mum you're a goddamn adult and you're fully capable of making decisions for yourself. If she's still hysterical over it, drop the bomb and tell her you already left and she should shut her piehole, and she has no right to criticize your decision making since she obviously can't make good choices on her own

Hit her low if she's being such a bitch. Based on what you told us (that you've got your life in a pretty decent spot with a car and all) then I can only assume you've got your head screwed on properly, and you shouldn't be forced to compromise over things that you are confident and secure in-- even if it's your mom pestering you.

My advice would be to put a little distance between her and yourself, and then drop a line when you've gotten a little more settled in. Keep her in the dark for a bit, and then pop your head back in and let her know you're a-okay and there's nothing to worry about (so long as you can do that, of course)

Her threats are COMPLETELY meaningless, and she's only holding them over you so exercise her constantly wanning power over you. I'll say again, YOU ARE A GODDAMN ADULT and you are FULLY capable of making good decisions on your own. You should NOT compromise with someone who tells you you don't have it in you to amount to something, and that your happiness is irrelevant. That is not a healthy person to have around, and some time alone will help set her straight (hopefully)
>>
>>17829466
>>17829492
Can you place a demand on a person for a court to declare someone fit to be put into a mental hospital against their will?

Because OP's mom probably needs some of that.
>>
>>17829523
>Can you place a demand on a person for a court to declare someone fit to be put into a mental hospital against their will?
You can, but it generally requires the person to be about to hurt herself or someone else. Divorce generally wouldn't qualify.

But vandalism and theft might. She IS threatening to commit a crime. At the very least, you could call the police.

A word of warning: if you do this, there is no going back. You won't be able to control where she goes. If she winds up in a mental hospital and your father divorces her, you may be stuck with the costs (because you put her there). And then there's the interpersonal drama crap. This may still be worthwhile, but that's a question only you can answer.
>>
>>17828221

lol sorry, OP, but i'm more interested in your mom's situation and what else she has done. tell us more about her.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.