[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I forget?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0043.jpg (11KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
11KB, 227x227px
A woman friend zoned me. I have never cared about someone so much. She was perfect. At least to me. I have known her for 5 years.

5 years of hoping she would see how much I like her. I told her multiple times.

4 months ago, I cut contact. Now I think about her so frequently it makes me sick. I want to forget her but I still like her. Love her perhaps.

How do you forget? I can't move on. She was perfect for me. Only woman I felt comfortable around. Help.
>>
>>17828106
Time
And finding someone else honestly helps
>>
>>17828109
I tried dating other girls but I end up just wishing that the girl i am on a date with was a clone of the girl that friend zoned me.

What bugs me more is that I cut contact by not texting or calling. She hasn't texted me once...
>>
>>17828120

I just went through a similar situation. You have to literally convince yourself it's over and done with. That's what I did. I convinced myself it's over forever. I still have feelings for her, and I always feel happy whenever we talk. But I set a mental limit, and a understanding that we are just friends now.
>>
>>17828137
The "over forever" part would butcher me. I am the type of person who's determination will be my down fall. I try and try and try and to give up causes me such distress.

I understand that humans have their own will and that "trying again" isn't a option. The pain though....
>>
I'm the same as you OP. I've started to hate who I am because no matter how much time passes. Those people will remain in our hearts. I don't even have this "infatuation" over her being perfect or anything. No one is perfect, but you accept them for who they are.

I can't help you. I personally want to deal with it by committing suicide soon.
>>
>>17828187
Don't suicide. There is too much glory to be won. Only through ordeals can we become mighty. Ordeals of the heart and mind are usually the toughest.
>>
she might be perfect for you, but you are not perfect for her aswell.

I lost a year in college because I was in love like that, but she never noticed me or talked to me again, after getting a snob BF. I dreamed, how I would throw myself in front of a truck if it could save her life and made her notice me.

The reality is, I didn't know her much and boy was I inexperienced with dating. Really tough to bring something out of my mouth when I was with her.

That was 7 years ago and honestly I dont care about her at all now. havent heard of her again. Got her on Facebook, but its ages ago since I looked at her profile the last time.

I think today, I could talk to her like a normal human beeing.
>>
>>17828214
To be clear, there are a lot more issues I'm going through hence why I've decided to ultimately end myself. Not doing it over one girl. I'm donezo with life.
>>
File: TOGETHER.jpg (90KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
TOGETHER.jpg
90KB, 1024x766px
>>17828106
As a fag who is also dealing with the same problem I think it's best to not TRY to forget. Just let it happen naturally. If she comes up in your head, don't avoid it. Just sort it out and try to figure what went "wrong" so you can make some peace with yourself,cause she sure as shit never will.

In my case it was probably me. I couldn't drive so we weren't physically together often and I acted too interested in her,opting to want to text her every -single- day which turned her off. Now, I was already in the process of doing the driving shit while we were a couple but now my efforts are doubled to the point where I actually passed the written. As for my interest issue I just talked with others about it who basically all told me I should've cooled my jets because I was spending too much time chasing her and not letting her chase me so now if I ever get into another I believe I can coordinate myself better.
It goes without saying that yes I do wish I could apply these things to her but ultimately i'm not trying to learn from these things for her sake. It's for me so I can have a happy relationship.

Also as a side note for you,I personally I do not believe it was a good move to allow her to friend zone you. I'm not sure if you actually ever actually got to acknowledge one another as boyfriend and girlfriend but I found that laying down the idea that she can't back pedal helped me and my resolve a lot and it seemingly put a strain on her as well which pleased my inner sadist greatly.
>>
I wish I knew. I remember the day I fell in love with him, more than three years ago now. He's gone through stages of not knowing I exist/being acquainted with me/hating me ardently/somewhat being interested in me. It hurts so fucking much, I think about him CONSTANTLY. I feel like it's some sort of issue as it must be abnormal.
>>
Drink beer
>>
>>17828106

4 months? That's a lot of time. The worst feeling (the stomach-in-a-knot feel) went away after a week for me, then it was 2 months of feeling like shit, then it was just crappy mood whenever I reminded myself for a few more months.

My advice would be to put all your experiences on paper, maybe even post it in one of those get it off your chest threads. You'll regret it, it'll feel like shit for a bit, but then you'll realize how stupid it is to suffer because of some woman who didn't even reciprocate your feelings. Might even wanna delete what you wrote.

Writing about past events helps me remove them from my memories. Different people have different coping mechanisms, but honestly, writing about shitty experiences to me is literally like transferring big files over to a flash drive so you can free up some space.
>>
>>17829264
what were his initials
>>
File: johnny-depp-as-tonto.jpg (34KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
johnny-depp-as-tonto.jpg
34KB, 460x307px
ITT: A buncha whine babies

Do you want advice or just a soapbox where other people join you to cry about it?

If someone doesn't see you as more than a friend then there's nothing you can do about it. Period. That's the end of it. You can't hope that one day they'll magically wake up and want you, it can happen but it's extremely rare, life isn't like those disney movies where a girl takes off her glasses and suddenly the high school quarterback thinks she's the hottest thing imaginable, or the nerdy Michael Cerra character finally gets to go to prom with his huge crush oneitis

I know this generation was raised up on movies like those but like everything disney, they're fairy tales.

5 years? 5 years man are you serious? 5 years obsessing over one lone human you shut out a whole bunch of other opportunities to meet more people, some even better than her, and you decided to sit on your hands and be bitter about it cause you put yourself in a mental prison where you think there's only this one person and this one person is the only one who can truly understand me.

It's like if someone gets rejected for a job at a great company, instead of applying to other great companies they spend the entire time mopping around fixated on why they didn't get hired by this seemingly PURRFECT company that had all the best benefits and free tacos on Wednesday.

>She was perfect

No she wasn't. Your idea of her was what was perfect.

tl;dr Grow up and move on.
>>
>>17830605
^This guy
>>
>>17830605
>finishing off that analogy with free taco Wednesday

Listen to this man.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.