[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My debt is making me depressed and anxious all the time. Lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 2016-11-13-00-52-28-719426853.jpg (5KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-13-00-52-28-719426853.jpg
5KB, 194x145px
My debt is making me depressed and anxious all the time. Lost my job as i got made redundant and had to move back home and take a shitty waiter job. Get $400 roughly a week but after expenses only have about 250 left. I have about 6k owing on credit cards. I feel like im drowning. Should i try and get a loan to pay them off. This shit is stressing me out to no end
>>
Get a better waiter job
I used to make 300 in one night
>>
>>17828005

thats not bad at all man, stop whining. even if you kept this job indefinitely, it would only take 2 years (plus a few months for interest) to pay it off.

>should i get a loan to pay off my debt

then you'd just have debt in the form of a loan. that being said, YES, if you can get a better interest rate, but loans tend to have rougher payback options. credit cards are ahppy to collect 36 bucks a month if you dont have anything else. loans not so much
>>
>>17828465
Why isn't their a personal finance class in high schools that's mandatory
It's just as important as health class
>>
>>17828483

because math classes teach you everything you need to be an accountant. im not even joking, i didnt go to college, but i do accounting for a business using only what i learned in highschool.

any math equation you learn that is applicable to money will be given to you with money examples in that class.

generally in 'algebra 2' most students learn how to write checks as well.

but its REALLY not that hard to figure out finances, its really more like middle school math than anything else.

all you have to do is
>add up your paychecks for the month
>deduct each of your expenses (Start with rent, and other 'fixed' things like utilities)
>determine how much of left over should go to things like food and other adjustables.
>use whats left over to either go into savings, pay off debts, or a litlte bit of both.
>>
>>17828509
Yea but it still requires a large amount of self learning which people just don't do, evident by how much people just don't know when it comes to simple things like balancing a checkbook

Biology class teaches you a lot about health but they still have health class
>>
>>17828524

it seems second nature to me, im not sure whats not to understand. ive noticed the problem a LOT though. i think the big problem with OP is not understanding finances so much as the idea of paying a debt over time seeming like a failure. were used to quick fixes in our generation, not a lot of people work on things over time. so the idea of paying a debt seems impossible.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.