[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant about the redpill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: Red-Pill-Blue-Pill.jpg (31KB, 576x402px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Pill-Blue-Pill.jpg
31KB, 576x402px
Don't know if this is the place to talk about this but i'm getting so annoyed by "redpill" stuff

"redpilled" people think they discovered the unspeakable TRUTH about how everything works

>MUH MODERN SOCIETY IS AWFUL
>MUH ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES

They see themselves as illuminated people, while they're mostly easily influenced bitter robots who basically gave up on everything, and found out about these "FACTS" about society, which reassures them on their positions
>oh i'm only a failure because society is this way

It's pretty funny to see people that spend their days on the internet trying to teach you how life works. I might be projecting, but in reality, you will never see a successful person, financially, with women, and all, with a redpilled mentality

To me it's the complete opposite of self-development, and it's really toxic.
On the other hand i absolutely love reading redpill stuff saying that i shouldn't bother with what i currently do because i'll inevitably fail, since i take enormous pleasure in doing what people tell me i can't do

So please, if you're here looking for advice, be really careful with redpill stuff, most of it is bullshit. Obviously some of it might be accurate advice but for me it's always a red flag if something is labeled "redpill" (not even gonna talk about political redpill but it's the same)

I'd much rather take the blue pill and live my life with dreams, hope, and hard work in order to achieve those

Discuss.
>>
>>17827907
this is /adv/, not /r9k/, though

also, ugly people are forced to take the red pill because they're being treated like shit

and attractive people can stay deluded because of the aura effect
>>
>>17827907
I agree, it is really toxic. But you have to let them be angry, they'll all probably eventually calm down. Even as a femanon, I can kind of sympathise with some aspects of it, however I find a lot of the overt misogyny extremely uncomfortable.
>>
>>17827919
>this is /adv/, not /r9k/, though
I know, i posted here because i like this board and i see redpill stuff being posted here from time to time
I tried to lurk on /r9k/ once or twice and it's honestly the saddest place i've ever seen on the internet
To put a little context i wanted to write this because i recently came across a huge redpill article about relationships, that stated stuff like "there is no THE ONE", "no girl is irreplaceable" etc
I've been in a relationship for quite some time now with the same girl, and i honestly think she is "THE ONE". Fuck, i wanna spend my life with this gal if i can. And it pisses me off that some randoms on the internet want to make me think all of this is an illusion and all. Of course "THE ONE" is a very abstract concept and everyone is replaceable. Of course there's probably a girl out there somewhere with whom i'd get along even better than my gf.
But what i feel for her (something people like that will probably never know) is something i can't explain and i want to put as much effort as possible into being the best guy for her, instead of giving up because "it's all false anyway".
God that mentality pisses me off.
>>
>>17827907
I like to fuck animals for fun......................................
you think that might be why my penis hurts?
>>
>>17827907
would you like some more autism with your brain sir?
>>
>>17827907
"Redpilled" robots are basically the male equivalent of tumblr feminists

They will try to convince others, and themselves, that they have "uncovered the truth", but deep down they know they would give a leg and an arm just to be with someone

Sure, the world can suck, and there are a lot of terrible people out there, but that mindset is more self destructive than anyting
>>
>>17827937

How do you know she's the one when you haven't been with the rest of the 1+ billion fertile women your age, anon?
>>
>>17827945
muh feelers.
>>
>>17827955
your feels were put there by the Gods to trick you into having sex, you fool
>>
>>17827907
I could kiss you for this post. Spot on.
>>
>>17827933
Yeah i can imagine being a woman and reading that kind of shit. Pretty scary

>"all women are cheating whores, and so you must treat them as such"
>why am i so lonely guys i want to die tfw no gf :(((
gee i wonder

>>17827968
Glad you agree with me. At one point in my life i almost fell for it, i was pretty depressed and could be influenced by that kind of stuff, fortunately i quickly found out it was just piles of horseshit

The thing is even if all of this was true i still wouldn't fall for it, living your life with such negativity can actually ruin your life.
And i've learned that hope is a very powerful driving force, as silly as it can sound
>>
>>17827907
the "redpill" faggots on the internet are the opposite of what the red pill originally means in the Matrix. It's supposed to free you of any ideology by showing you the unaltered truth and letting you interprete it with your own eyes. Instead these edgy cretins are just building the polar opposite of third wave feminism.
>>
Most people in the world don't understand that the redpill is a drug in the west prescribed to the ugly, the fat and the poor. If you don't count amongst the 2/3 of these things yourself, you won't understand the redpill appeal.
Like don't even bother to understand the redpill mentality, it's futile if you don't 'get it'. It's like me trying to understand being Stacy. I can't.
>>
>>17827937
>But what i feel for her (something people like that will probably never know)
Some of them got that way by feeling what you do now and then getting their hearts ripped out after another year or three. You sound young and naive.
>>
>>17827968
>OP I love it when you virtue-signal and accept my propaganda, I will now reward you for complying with my preferred narrative
>>
>>17828019
>my perspective is the more socially-valuable and prestigious one, and if you disagree with me it must be because you are disgusting; I'm going to dehumanize you to show how moral and hopeful I am
>>
>>17828016
>living your life with such negativity can actually ruin your life.
And i've learned that hope is a very powerful driving force, as silly as it can sound
This is true. There has to be balance, though. Ignoring systematic forces designed to exploit you just makes you a rube and more vulnerable to falling for it. Walk the middle way.
>>
>>17828016
>thinking any woman would be scared of of bitter unfuckables or give a second thought to their ramblings

Lol. My favorite part is when they unironically think they're being logical and that they cant possibly be wrong by the virtue of being men who are of course by definition "logical"
>>
>>17828016
>"all women are cheating whores, and so you must treat them as such"
Only some are, and usually only for some of their life. It's mostly genetic though. Cheaters cheat. I've never been cheated on, because I don't date slutty girls in the first place. But I don't have an urge to cheat either. People should stick to their own kind. They are happier that way.
>why am i so lonely guys i want to die tfw no gf :(((
Can be because of poverty or social isolation or bad genetics for appearance or bad genetics for personality and attitude (shy, neurotic, angry, whatever, all unforgivable for males though accepted for females), or bad life experiences affecting one or the other, or being bad at online dating and not having good social venues, or being sick or depressed or whatever. Or just not being shiny enough in general, not standing out.
Historically, only about 40% of males reproduced, versus about 85% of females. Men compete for attention from women. It's always been like that because of evolutionary game theory.
>>
>>17828043
I'm not talking about my own ideology, I'm talking about having an ideology or not. Read again.
>>
File: 1479408942525.jpg (118KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479408942525.jpg
118KB, 467x700px
I mostly see it as very sad and lonely people trying to lash out and make others feel worse because misery loves company.
I don't find it scary or infuriating, I just feel sorry for them.
That said, while I'm not an expert on "redpill ideology", some of what they say has some truth to it, and I'm saying this as a femanon. For example, not sticking around as a "friend" when what you really want is a relationship.
>>
>>17828053
>if I just stay in the middle of the Overton window that means I'm right
>>
>>17827907
pretty much

>>17827945
>"Redpilled" robots are basically the male equivalent of tumblr feminists

This. If they were born female, there would be a 99% chance they would be tumblr SJW
>>
>>17828057
This image amuses me greatly.
>>
I'm bothered by redsuppos mostly because they all believed they majored in psychology when they just specialize in feel good justifying bullshit, and because of the patronizing tone as they are circlejerking themselves into believing they are the smartest cookies in the jar.

At the end, this is the same shit than leftards. Total clowns completely locked in their dogma, unable to study the facts and prefering to come up with stupid conspiracy theories over the jews/nazis.
>>
>>17828040
I am pretty young and naive. So what ? I'll keep disillusion for later. I'd rather stay positive while I can than being that negative before anything really happens to me, just because i wanna protect myself of any disillusion.
Oh and i've had heartbreaks already. Didn't keep me from staying hopeful

>>17828045
I try to be, you can't just live in constant hope either, you've got to have reality kicking you in the face once in a while.

>>17828051
Well, i'm not saying that their state of loneliness comes from this, obviously, what i'm saying is that this state of mind will not help them get out of that loneliness at all, it'll only feed on it

I like the parallel some of you anons make between redpillers and tumbler SJWs. I never thought of it but it seems very spot on. Same shit, in the end
>>
>>17828073
>I am pretty young and naive. So what ? I'll keep disillusion for later. I'd rather stay positive while I can than being that negative before anything really happens to me
I remember those days. They were really nice. Sometimes I feel like that again, for periods of time, though there are some things you never quite manage to bury. I hope it goes well for you for as long as possible. I hope your partners are good at communicating and are loyal to you.
>>
>>17828057
>For example, not sticking around as a "friend" when what you really want is a relationship.
Well, yeah, but it seems more common sense than an actual truth.
Although i think it's stupid to make assumptions like that when every person and every situation is different

I've also read a lot that male/female friendship is impossible. Bullshit, i have dozens of female friends towards whom i've never had any feelings, and they never had any feelings for me either (well, i hope)
Goes to show how little they actually know about male/female relationships
>>
>>17828079
I'm glad you never orbited anyone by accident. Those were some of the most painful periods in my life. Sometimes being told this is a social phenomenon and not to do it can help. Some people simply aren't wired as well for social intuition. Some aren't good at analytical tasks, or at managing logistics. No need to begrudge them their observations in trying to recognize and overcome the barriers in their lives.
>>
>>17828024
Don't forget the low-social-skilled. Life can actually be pretty rough for autist-type people in a more gregarious society, even if they're smart and reasonably well off financially. Dating girls from similarly formal and introverted cultures has helped me a bit.
>>
>>17827937
You need to realize she's gonna cuck or dump you a couple of years from now.
Women are temporary amusement, don't get attached to them.
>>
>>17828095
They often do fall out of love after about 2-3 years. That's the test of maturity and commitment for them imo.
>>
>>17828095
i know you're baiting but see this is actually the thing

If you go into a relationship with that state of mind, that constant fear of being dumped or cheated on, you're gonna be awfully jealous, act out of jealousy, and sooner or later you'll really dumb stuff, driven by jealousy. And girls can sense when you're being insecure. It's not attractive.
Also acting out of jealousy, spying on her, being overly protective, immature, looking through her phone, and other creepy stuff, definitely not attractive.
No wonder people get cheated on or dumped when they act like that. It literally is a vicious circle, and it's pretty hard to get out of it, i admit it, but that's why it's mostly about how you work on yourself rather than girls matters
>>
>>17828111
When you see them as temporary amusement there is no fear whatsoever.
You need to realize women can't love men the same way we love women.
Which is why no woman has ever in the history of humanity sacrificed herself for her man, while the opposite has happened thousands of times. They do sacrifice themselves to save their children though, so that's nice.
>>
>>17828111
I got a little jealous but more so insecure because of my girlfriends' friend running her drunken mouth while gf was away on holiday. Totally painted the wrong picture for me. "Ugh I'm so jealous I wasn't able to go with them this time, we can meet guys for a week and then don't have to see them again" and other hoe talk. Given she's a 5/10 chubby who's perpetually alone and have to take what she says with little truth usually, still something you don't want to hear
>>
>>17828125
when they inevitably "fall" for you during the first few months, the ones with abandonment issues, how do you deal with that?
>>
>>17828131
I don't care about their issues.
>>
Op I didn't even know this redpill stuff existed and to be honest you sound like you're making some confusing assumptions about it too

>They see themselves as illuminated people, while they're mostly easily influenced bitter robots who basically gave up on everything, and found out about these "FACTS" about society, which reassures them on their positions

I mean come on, you think you can read a common belief and thought shared by the thousands of people that even use that redpill stuff? People are different from person to person and they probably don't have any of those reasons behind why they say redpill stuff in the first place.

>It's pretty funny to see people that spend their days on the internet trying to teach you how life works

I don't really ever see this posted anywhere by anyone.

>So please, if you're here looking for advice, be really careful with redpill stuff, most of it is bullshit.

You should be careful with alot of advice you get from people that are complete strangers whose credentials you don't know. Not just redpill stuff.

>It's toxic
I don't know why the word toxic is a thing or why it has become popular. Toxic is so subjective that it either fails to define what it's trying to define or when people say toxic is most definitely this it turns out it could be interpreted in a way that isn't toxic at all.

Just in general stay away from using that word
>>
>>17827907
As everything, it is a matter of balance.
The redpill is the polar opposite of people who believe being a supreme gentleman is the way to go - you need to read about and test both approach to realize they are dogmatic bullshit.
>>
>>17828151
>Op I didn't even know this redpill stuff existed
"But let me lecture you about why you're wrong anyway"

Not even OP but you should hurry and remove your head from your ass before you suffocate
>>
Where can I get a tl;dr on the red pill beliefs
>>
>>17827907
You can still be redpilled and have dreams, hopes and work hard. Advice is advice OP. You can either take it or leave it. The redpill can be anything. It doesn't just mean those faggots on /r9k with MUH WOMEN ARE WHORES.
It can be pretty insightful in a sense. It gives a more kinda "truth" of the world so to speak. It's nice hearing others opinions on shit but it's fucking stupid to be completely ignorant of what's going on around you. That's what the blue pill is.
>>
>>17828111
I'm not sure whether YOU'RE baiting or not

No relationship works forever. It may last until one of you dies, but some shit down the line is bound to happen which will break basically any average early 20s relationships (unless you're from a respectable religious culture)

What anon meant is not get too attached to women (or anyone else in general). Be level headed, enjoy it while it lasts and when and if it ends, act cool and know that the chances of ending were always greater that it lasting forever.

Actually why am I bothering explaining basic shit to obtuse anons?
>>
>>17828637
In hopes that some other anon will read it and be helped

At least that's what I tell myself
>>
>>17828395
extreme tl;dr

human companionship is purely based on needs and there's no higher purpose of anything basically.
>>
>>17828125
>When you see them as temporary amusement there is no fear whatsoever.
Well yeah probably but you might also miss out on a lot too
If that's your choice cool, i don't mind it, i wanted to do that for a while too, picking up chicks at the bar, etc. I won't deny the fun factor in that.
But I personally can't see myself considering people as "temporary amusement", it's just not who i am, how i think

>>17828637
What anon meant is not get too attached to women (or anyone else in general). Be level headed, enjoy it while it lasts and when and if it ends, act cool and know that the chances of ending were always greater that it lasting forever.
And that's exactly what i do. I have my own goals in life that i'm trying to achieve, and if i can achieve them while having a girl i really like with me, even better. I never said she was my one and only purpose in life
I'm perfectly aware our relationship might end one day, and if that happens i'll be sad for a while then i'll move on to another girl. But in the meantime, I'll do as much as i can for the relationship to work. How is that wrong ?

See my problem with those redpilled stuff is that they make it sound like it's not worth trying. And that state of mind bothers me
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.