[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What age is too late to try to change your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1461732348470.gif (39KB, 405x429px) Image search: [Google]
1461732348470.gif
39KB, 405x429px
What age is too late to try to change your life?
>>
Dead
>>
In some ways never
People mostly only change if they are forced to
>>
>>17827027
34 and basically rock bottom at this point. Change is all I got left.

>>17827046 has the right of it.
>>
>>17827027

depends entirely on the 'changes'.

but about 70 is a bit too late to change most things.

what do you want to change?
from what to what?
>>
File: 1463341840663.png (115KB, 326x226px) Image search: [Google]
1463341840663.png
115KB, 326x226px
>>17827055
I want to be successful. I've watched everyone close to me struggle for my entire life, but I wasted every opportunity to find success. My peers have surpassed me, and I am about 4 years behind the most advanced of them. I just feel like I should quit now.
>>
>>17827072
To clarify, I've watched my family struggle. We're fairly poor, internet is a bit of a stretch, honestly. I just want to uplift them. At the same time, however, I feel like I'll never achieve my dream because of how unlikely it is.
>>
>>17827072

i think part of the problem si that you believe success means doing better than others. the problem is, there will always be others doing better than you.

equate success with something else. its not too late, but it wont happen over night and definitely not if you're a quitter.

but you need to have serious well defined goals. not just 'i wanna be successful'. define success. then make a road map.
>>
>>17827027
36-38 months.
>>
File: pepetchzeenk.png (1MB, 1024x1117px) Image search: [Google]
pepetchzeenk.png
1MB, 1024x1117px
Never.
>>
in major ways? 50
>>
>>17827027

you are a conscious thinking being alive in the present moment, change is always possible. dont define yourself by your past failures and fuckups, view them as what they were: life lessons. acknowledge why you are not yet successful, take account of what you must do to be "successful", and then do those things. simple, but not easy.
>>
It's only "too late" if you've given up. Truly happy and successful people never stop changing and growing, that's why they are that way. Those that claim happiness and success from doing the same old roll day in and day out are living on borrowed luck or fantasy.
>>
>>17827085
Uplift them. Strive bro.
>>
In what way? Socially- around 22-24. If you can't make friends in college, you never will. Economically- 35-40. If you don't have a career or can't advance pass flipping burgers, you never will. Health wise- honestly if you grew up in an unhealthy household you're probably screwed from birth. Most people are fat. For smoking, if you haven't quit by your 40s or maybe 50s at the latest, you never will, and if your still smoking past 55 you are pretty much guaranteed to get lung cancer. Fashion wise- actually this one you can change at any age, especially because your fashion choices naturally change as you age.

Conclusion- Becoming /fa/b is the easiest way to say you didn't waste your life.
>>
>>17827536
Wow, that's gg for me socially then.
>>
>>17827536
This is all pathetically wrong, but good show.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.