[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accepting Myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I'm a below average piece of shit person with little to no future prospects. I'll die ashamed and alone and my life will be one of mediocrity and suffering.

Dumb. Ugly. Crude. I'll never get laid or have a close circle of friends. I look and act like a fool, an embarrassment to my parents. I've tried self improving but I'm such a sub-par human being that I can't pull myself out of the gutter despite years of trying. I was born an idiot and will die one.

How can I even begin to accept myself and my lot in life? How can I be happy? I've thought about killing myself frequently for the past decade and I'm tired of the thought process. I need to either accept what I am and move on or just end it all.

What do? How can I even begin to enjoy a shitty life like mine, if it all?
>>
>I need to either accept what I am and move on or just end it all

If I put a gun in your hand and asked you to choose right now what would you do
>>
>>17826864
Inside out, bro

Right now, you're looking outside in.
IF you can get others to like you THEN you'll be happy

Fuck that
Inside out
Start with improving yourself
There are so many simple things to do to make yourself better
Cooking, exercise, reading

Do all three and you'll learn how to be, if not happy, but secure
And then people will come to you.
>>
>>17826882

>>17826882

Inclined towards the latter, but I'd feel uneasy shooting myself without doing proper research first. Would need to shoot myself at the proper angle to get it right, I suppose?

>>17826888

Tried it, didn't work. Tried again. And again and again and again but still couldn't get very far, or get people to like me.
>>
>>17826892
Are you 50 or 60 years old?
No?
Then you didn't really try it

Take about 5 years to become a man.
Then see how things shake out.
>>
File: Sledge.jpg (2MB, 2656x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Sledge.jpg
2MB, 2656x1944px
>>17826864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3zAdXM4Tk
>>
>>17826903
This.
Don't conditionate yourself telling yourself "I can't I'm a useless piece of shit" , you are giving a subjective and exagerated oppinion of who you are and I am sure, without knowing you, you're not like you say you are. Just seek to be comfy and in a good mood and happy, doing the shit you want. When talking to people don't try to fit in, instead be exactly who you are and a few people will like your way of being, the same for girls. Don't put social pressure over yourself man, nice things will come but first seek for you own and exclusive comfortabilty and happiness
>>
>>17826903

God the idea of having to go through what I'm going through for 30 or so more years is fucking awful.
>>
>>17826942
Nigga, you need take some solipsism into your life.
Read some Camus.
And Marcus Aurelius.
Totally different but they both get at the core of your being.

Life starts within. You say you're trying to change?
Ok, start with the beginning
Opening your eyes in the morning
Then think what you're going to do next.
And then do that for every single action for the day
What am I doing
Why am I doing it
If you ever come up to a "I don't know"
Then don't do it

Exercise, food, reading.
That's a good life.
>>
File: 2016-12-05 10.31.46 pm.png (745KB, 1440x610px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-05 10.31.46 pm.png
745KB, 1440x610px
>>17826942
>>
>>17826864

you are light years ahead of actual shit people. you know what you are? a blank slate. or at least pretty damn close. you are young, and life is a lot longer than the young people in movies give it credit for.

you are not defined by what has happened before. they can influence you, but its you who decides to go somewhere better.

does it really matter if you're not smart? or not that good looking? you canc hange the crude part.

ultimately you are choosing to say your life is shitty because of traits that don't matter to a lot of people on a personal level. there are people who are both dumb and ugly that have gone on to do great things, and many who simply lead happy fulfilling lives existing as dumb ugly people.

do you WANT to lead a better life? or do you want to whine about how shitty you are?

don't create a victim complex where you paint yourself to be this tragic person, drew all the short straws and piled bad decisions on top of it. don't let your validation come from hating your self and then feeling bad for your self because of certain 'inescapable' qualities.

people like to say 'be the change you want to see in the world'. But most people need to learn just to be the change they want to see in themselves.
>>
>>17826864
You're going to have to self-improve. You won't suddenly be happy just because you want to be. You have to improve all of the bad things about you and do as much as you can to make you a better person. If you're dumb then start studying to improve your brain. If you're ugly then start changing shit. If you're really THAT ugly even when you're in tip-top shape, then get some surgery. Better doing that than ending your life. Get a hobby and get friends surrounding that hobby. You will get laid if you actually try to get laid. There's a person equally as terrible as you out there in the world.
>>
>>17827032

before you ca nself improve, you have to learn to accept the parts of you like and the parts of you that are static.
>>
Real pieces of shit don't recognize how awful they are, that's one of the things that makes them so shitty. Just the fact that you can call yourself a piece of shit proves you're not that bad.

I recommend seeing a counselor. They can help you cut yourself open and really understand what's going on. It's rarely easy or pleasant. I'm a pretty stoic guy, but if I don't weep when seeing a shrink I know I'm not opening up enough, not being honest enough. They're the doctor, but you handle the scalpel.

As for enjoying life, hell, I wish I had the answers. Basically every philosopher ever has taken a stab at that question. Ultimately it comes down to the self. You need to find things in your life that make life seem worth living to you. Convince yourself this isn't a nightmare through religion. Work to improve the lives of the people around you. Distract yourself with little nothings. Find kinship. That is all there is.

Clearly there are some things in your life that make it seem worth living right now, or you would be dead already. What are the things that keep you from killing yourself? Find more of those things. They will not always be pleasant, don't let that stop you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.