[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inheritance complications

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2165.jpg (239KB, 645x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2165.jpg
239KB, 645x320px
My grandfather died last year, and my parents recently told me that he left his children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews etc. money. My brother and I both inherited $14k, as well everyone else mentioned, as well as leaving his wife $1.3m. All coming to a combined count of roughly $1.7m (give or take).

This was extremely surprising as he had lived in a small trailer in the woods his entire life, apparently investing in stocks the whole damn time.

My brother and I are both legal adults with ID's but apparently we can not access the money.
You see, the old bastard actually gave it to my parents and basically told them "Give it to them when you feel like it". He was complicated even in death, the old fart.

I'm trying to use the money for college, but my bastard of a father said "Why the hell would you need OVER $14k for JUST two years in college? Back in my day college was only $20k for four years!" Back in his day would be 1979 (he's an old prick that didn't even go to college) $20k these days was roughly $65k back then.

Basically, this old bastard thinks I'm trying to swindle him out of my own damn money.

What the fuck do I do, /adv/?
>>
Talk to an estate lawyer you stupid fuck.
>>
Show your father the invoice or some sort of estimate of fees, obviously
>>
>>17826807
I showed him the estimations, he thinks they're fake.

He's legitimately an assbackwards redneck that has been driving trucks his whole goddamn life.

He didn't even finish high-school. I'd have a better chance of teaching him college mathematics by beating him over the head with a fucking brick.

The issue is that the money is not legally mine, instead my grandfather just wished it would be given to me. Stubborn old man.
>>
>>17826786
>You see, the old bastard actually gave it to my parents and basically told them "Give it to them when you feel like it". He was complicated even in death, the old fart.

Did he actually set up a trust for you and your brother or did his will just leave it to your parents?
>>
>>17826847
Talk to an estate lawyer you blind fuck.
>>
>>17826847
>The issue is that the money is not legally mine
Then you have no right to it. It's literally as simple as that.
>>
File: IMG_1712.jpg (19KB, 236x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1712.jpg
19KB, 236x254px
>>17826865
Just fuck me up, man. I'm barely making ends meet and this was my last fucking chance at securing myself a future I could actually look forward to.
>>
>>17826889
You never had that money. Complaining about it is like complaining you didn't win the lottery and now you can't live the life you dreamt you'd have if you had won.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.