[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landlord found out that I was living as an illegal resident.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 003.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
Here's what happened:

I am a college student living with 3 other roommates. I am an illegal resident which means I am not on the lease because the rent is cheaper with fewer people.

The landlord saw me with the keys in the front door while doing his monthly checkup unannounced. After one of my roommates' friend made mistakes about who lived in which room, and after asking me several questions, he eventually put the pieces together and found out that I am living in one of the rooms.

I tried my best to cover up my story but due to other people's mistakes, the story kept changing and now he found out.

Now, the rent for everyone is going to go up a little higher every month which I can handle but I don't know if he also wants us to cover the past months expenses that I stayed.

I am in deep shit because I can't pay for the past 5 months extra rent all of a sudden. He's probably happy that he will now be getting more money every month but he is also probably pissed that we lied to him the past few months. We are going to have a meeting with him tonight at 5pm.

Could /adv/ please tell me what to say tonight so I can convince the landlord that we don't have to pay the past few months of extra rent. What should I tell him and how?
>>
>>17825604
does the landlord know when you actually moved in "illegally" ?

get your friends to say you moved in last week or something

asking for back rent is kind of iffy see what the lease says
>>
>>17825604
If he wants you to pay the past 5 months increase ask to pay it off over a period of time instead of as a lump sum. If he wants you to pay and you refuse he can take you ANF your roommates to court over it. Even if he's a nice guy you've cheated him out of a shit ton of money, apologize and if he asks for the last five months negotiate for time to pay it off.
>>
>>17825651
Back rent would be the lenient legal way to handle it, if he wanted he could take them to court. In civil court a more than 50 percent chance is considered enough proof, he could just point to the increase in utility usage.
>>
>>17825604
OP fault for having dumbass roommates
Who can't hold a story
>>
Is that even a thing? Where I live, not everyone who lives in a place has to sign the lease, it's just that everyone who's on the lease is obliged to pay rent and if someone who isn't on the lease doesn't pay, they still have to.
>>
>>17825717
In America it is, because obviously having more people means more wear and tear on the house, the lease agreement needs to accurately reflect howmany people are in the house.
>>
>>17825739
I get that, but the people who ARE on the lease would be liable for that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.