[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People think I think I'm better than them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: staywoke.jpg (40KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
staywoke.jpg
40KB, 800x800px
My friends are telling me I am acting really arrogantly, like I imply I am better or something. They also sometimes say I'm annoying.

I understand this is probably true, but I have no idea how to stop. I'm just so angry at everything, moved to a new town for uni and its shit, my parents are divorcing, one who is dying and the other who I have forced to disown me because of what he did. I am living off what is effectively my inheritance and my mum is telling me to live and have fun but I can't since she needs to live off it too. I am genuinely not sure if it is worth living anymore.

Well, that escalated quickly. I have no idea what to do, I have considered suicide but that's a sin and its selfish so I won't do it.
>>
>>17825592

>my friends are telling me I am acting really arrogantly.

life is a constant struggle between being yourself, and improving yourself. its hard to tell where the line is of being a better person and just pretending to be something you are not.

its a lot like that greek legend about sissyphus, forced to push that rock up a hill, and everytime he'd get close, it'd slide back down.

but sometimes it wouldn't slide back as far. and sometimes it might slide in a bit of a different direction. maybe its not about finding that spot at the top of the hill, but a different spot on the side of it.

if you are actively thinking about what you say and do, you will examine yourself more. your past actions, and then your current ones. just try, and apologize when someone calls you out on something specific. just dont think yourself the worst person in the world for it, that just makes it a different problem, it victimizes yourself instead of pushing you toward self improvement.

>suicide

sin isn't real. 'selfish' is a lie you tell yourself to make you feel noble. you don't want to kill yourself, otherwise those wouldn't be a real issue. you are just tired of life as it is, and you can't understand the idea of a new life.
>>
>>17825606
I went and looked and I can't see what they mean, but I feel like such a goddamn wreck I probably wouldn't see it anyway. When I asked for examples they just ignored me.

I don't know how to change it, and believe me I've tried.
>>
>>17825629

>they dont tell me what the problem is
>BUT BELIEVFE ME I TRIED TO FIX IT

thats pretty contradictory. you cant say you tried if you never found the problem.

again, sissyphus. you will never reach a perfect state of personality. we all need our flaws. we are balanced people.

people who tend to be selfish tend to be very confident and secure.
people who tend to be selfless tend to think of themselves as lesser than others.

someone may be humble, but dumb. so smart people tend to be a bit more egotistical.

a nice person may be a push over, and someone who is steady in that sense might come off as mean.

what i mean to say is we are all a balance of qualities, usually ones much more subtle than what i list here. our defects tend to be caused by something positive going 'too far'.

what you need to do is not fall into victimization as i metnioned, and thats what you're doing now.

you've reached a place of
>theres a problem with me
>I CANT CHANGE IT I TRIED

so you arent here looking for advice, you are trying to be talked down to so you can fall deeper in that hole, turning yourself from the villain, to the tragic hero, a man stuck inside his intrinsic flaws that no one can love.

don't fall into that. keep at it. be proud that you are working at it and approach your friends about what you do in a humble way, not a 'prove it!' way.
>>
>>17825648
Read the op again, I pretty clearly talked about the things causing me to act like a Cunt.
>>
>>17825668

but you dont know HOW you're acting like a cunt. don't play dumb. you cant say you tried to fix it when you dont know what you're doing.

>causing me to act like a cunt

no, you are using them as an excuse to act like a cunt. sure, they pushed you to it, and that sucks, but you are acting like those issues make your own behavior out of your control.

and its not. you are the only one who controls what you do and say. yo uare the one choosing to channel this frustration towards your friends.
>>
>>17825679
Dude, my dad might of killed one of my family try ignoring that and not getting stressed out.
>>
>>17825682

no one said you can't be stressed, or sad, or confused, or in need of help.

that doesn't excuse you to be 'arrogant'

if you are going to insist that your behavior is out of your control, then ddont ask for advice. because it wont work if its literally out of your control, would it OP?
>>
>>17825696
How can I stop being arrogant if I don't even know how I'm being arrogant ?
>>
>>17825708

arrogance is thinking that you need someone to point out exactly what you did wrong. you can examine yourself, your actions, and learn.

and again, you can approach your friends again, less aggressively, ask them to point it out when it happens, insist you want to change but you need guidance.

unless you're too arrogant to ask for help.
>>
>>17825715
Like I said. I looked and I can't find it, that's why I'm asking them to point it out.

I did the second paragraph and they did nothing at all besides change the subject.
>>
>>17825729

then try again. or you know just give up.
>>
>>17825732
Why ask again if they just want to change the subject?
>>
>>17825734

then just give up.
>>
>>17825740
But surely if there is something wrong you should try to change it.
>>
>>17825741

then try again.
>>
>>17825592
Take a lot of psychedelics and figure out your flaws, or take some time to meditate.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.