[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents proper kicked off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1405114266952.jpg (27KB, 440x398px) Image search: [Google]
1405114266952.jpg
27KB, 440x398px
For a bit of background, I'm 20, I work part-time, study full-time, have my own car. I still live with my parents, but I always buy my own food, cook my own meals, often clean up the house etc. Pay my parents money for being able to stay with them. Always get told by the parents that I never do shit around the house and that my whole lifestyle is bad. Always. Whenever I go on a night out I'm being "stupid" and I shouldn't do it. Despite the fact that most of high-school time my social life was non-existent and they gave me equal amounts of shit for "alienating myself".

Now I've been smoking for the past 2 years, picked it up as a way of dealing with stress and social smoking played a part as well, but I've noticed it was negatively impacting my health so I switched to vaping. Still feel like a complete dick when I vape, so I only do it either in my room or in my car, never in public. Really cut down on cigarettes since then, now it's only an occasional fag or two on a night out.

[1/3]
>>
File: edgy nietzche.jpg (48KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
edgy nietzche.jpg
48KB, 264x400px
Now my mother found out today that I vaped and also smoked in the past, and she completely kicked off. Fucking knew this was gonna happen which was why I never told her about any of this. She went completely off her head, screaming at me, calling me an idiot, telling me that I've "no fucking right to be stressed" because "she knows how it is", telling me to look for my own place, which I've already told her in the past I was trying to, it's just a matter of saving up money and finding people to move out with. She then went on to criticize my entire life, called me scum for ONCE bringing a girl from Tinder over when my parents were in, telling me that she had no idea I'd sink so low etc. I enjoyed spending time with that girl as well, she didn't want anything too serious but it was a good experience for me since we could have sex, cuddle, watch movies and talk for ages, just a nice relaxed atmosphere which was really good for me since in high-school I had proper self-esteem and anxiety issues and didn't lose my virginity until I was 19. But apparently if I don't make her my gf straight away I'm a fucking deadbeat loser.

[2/3]
>>
File: 1408145661513.jpg (35KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1408145661513.jpg
35KB, 275x183px
I couldn't be fucked with any of that so I just told her to stop talking to me as if I was still 13 and that I wasn't gonna speak to her until she calmed the fuck down.

Then my dad came back home and said something about how much disappointed he was and that he thought I had my shit together but that I clearly don't. Which is a bit of a joke since he's in his late 40s and all he fucking does with himself is go to work, watch shite on youtube and play videogames. At nearly 50 years of age.

Best part is that both my parents vape indoors as well since they quit cigs too, but when I do it it's suddenly the end of the world. Got told that if I wanna do it I've to fuck off outside, to which I replied that when I see them doing that then I will as well.

What the fuck /adv/, am I somehow in the wrong here? It's technically not even "their" house, we stay in council housing. Haven't spoken to them in the past 5 hours and frankly have no desire to. Why the fuck would they kick off about something so minor? Not sure how to feel about this, apart from not wanting to put up with any of this shit.
>>
>>17825581
are you asking for advice or just blogging ?

move out stop smoking vaping it really is bad for your health start exercising get your own apartment save $$ etc
>>
>>17825602
I'm asking whether I'm in the wrong here, because their fucking reaction to something as minor as that caught me off-guard.

Trying to see things from their perspective but it just seems irrational as fuck.

I go through periods of going to the gym 3/4 times a week and then just stopping for a month or two. Trying to make it more regular.
>>
>>17825607
>I'm asking whether I'm in the wrong here,

OF COURSE YOU ARE !! THEY ARE YOUR PARENTS !!

otherwise maybe you are starting to realize that parents are just people too ?

try to keep your head str9 about your life, your issues, your goals & plans - and all the stuff your parents say you disagree with or don't like

if you are not saving $$ by living at home then move out

if it is cheaper to stay at your parents do that until you have saved lots of $$ and then move out

exercise got easier for me when I realized that a little bit 4-5 days a week is better than nothing for a few months then binge on mega workouts

try to set aside 15 minutes 4-5 days a week for quick walk situps pushups jumping jacks anything to keep the muscles moving

or take up dancing !
>>
>>17825669
>OF COURSE YOU ARE !! THEY ARE YOUR PARENTS !!

not an argument
>>
Just move the fuck out as soon as you can, sounds toxic af
>>
>>17825587
>It's technically not even "their" house, we stay in council housing
You don't pay a cent towards the rent, so it's still more their house than yours. You don't like it, you move out. Can't afford it? Tough shit. Stop being such a whiny little bitch
>>
>>17826145
I put 200 quid a month towards rent you illiterate mongoloid. Internet bills as well.
>>
kill your parents, or at least your mom
>>
>>17826210
She can be a decent person, just this kind of shit happens sometimes.
>>
>>17826200
Not sure where you live but here in Spain im living by myself with 3 other persons in a house and i live with around 200 euros a month including rent food and everything

Honestly just move out asap and try going for something better than a part time job if you dont want to be a loser like your dad, start studying again, will be better for you imo
>>
>>17826360
I am studying man, full time in uni and part time job twice a week when in uni, 4 times a week between semesters.
Spain sounds class, moving out in the UK is a bit more expensive.
>>
>>17826365
Ah sorry dude, fuck what are your parents complaining about then? ffs

No shit, been there in london for a internship and i had to pay 100 pounds a week for a small af room and i was fucking sharing it, plus the extra money for transport all day.. Good luck dude.
>>
>>17825581
Your parents probably did stupid shit when they were younger and are now trying to help you "get what's best for you" and all that shit.
The pendulum tends to swing between generations.
My cousins parents had a shirty education so now they want him to study some bullshit at Uni that he doesn't even like,cos they think they know what's best for him.
Just move out asap and live your own life.You're parents are acting like kids
>>
>>17826396
>Your parents probably did stupid shit when they were younger and are now trying to help you "get what's best for you" and all that shit.

That they did, my mom got pregnant at like 17, lmao
Broke up and got back together about 5 times after they had me.
>>
>>17826376
UK is pretty bad in general for housing prices but London is like another fucking planet
>>
You're parents are projecting so hard it hurts. They failed at life and can't deal with it. As someone paying rent, you have very little obligations to them, you did nothing wrong.
>>
i dont think youre in the wrong, man word of advice get the fuck out find some romates in an apt for cheap and live life the way you want
>>
What uni do you go to?
>>
Alright anon, I'll play a little mediator for the sake impartial analysis.

On one side, your parents are being little cunts because they're into wanting what's best for you and all that shit. Probably trying to intill some integrity into you so you don't end up a little bitch later in life.

On the other, it's frustrating because you're on top of your shit, and you deserve your privacy and freedom to do whatever the fuck you want; rightfully so if you ask me.

Are you in the wrong? Nah, but your parents are, well....parents bro.

If I were you, I would save up and look for a roomate or some shit, to ease the burden of paying high rent. Move out, and grow a pair..hit the pussy hard and get that money.
>>
>>17827132
>>17826856
>>17826690
Cheers anons.
Hopefully gonna get my own place after Christmas, gonna cost me more but will be worth it.
>>
My parents were like that, maybe a bit more.
They'd always want me to be the very best and wouldn't settle for less, and would get set off by the smallest things, they were even stricter with me than with any of my siblings.

When I decided to cut off all bridges from them for a year or two, they started to calm the fuck down. Now they seem to be walking on eggshells when we see each other to avoid me walking out, which I'm kind of enjoying.

What I'm getting at here is that you should just get the fuck out of here, find a roommate or two if you're short on cash and loan something.
>>
>>17825581
you're not wrong mate, your parents are just fucking cunts. Move on. Forget about them forever if you can.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.