[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try to help my friend that's ignoring me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_nb3lxenwrD1sazdz0.gif (992KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nb3lxenwrD1sazdz0.gif
992KB, 500x250px
I need to know if I should try to help one of my best friends or not. I've known her 20 years.

Background on her:
>Pretty, smart
>Had a job that made her $150,000 a year
>Unfortunately also an alcoholic that has a tendency to experiment with drugs if people catch her while drinking
>This month, got fired from her job, her boyfriend also dumped her

Since being dumped, she's gone totally off the deep end and has cut contact with me, her ex, and her family. We know where she is - every day, all day, her car is at her favorite dive bar. I don't know what I may have done to piss her off - her ex and her family doesn't know either, but she used to be my drinking buddy and shit.

Anyways, rumor has it that she's fallen in with the wrong crowd - specifically a couple of regulars there that are hooked on meth and other drugs. She's gotten herself in real trouble with this before - once she was kidnapped and tied to a bed for days by a pimp that was planning to do some really abhorrent shit to her. A shady guy once had her snort shit at the bar until she passed out while he was following her and I just happened to be coming to meet her to fight the guy off.

Her dad is planning to come kick in the door of the bar and cause some major shit in the next day or two unless she snaps out of this. Should I confront her in the bar and let her know she's getting out of hand and try to help, or is this none of my business at this point?
>>
She's your best friend for 20 years so you have the right and I would say an obligation to do something here

Unless you do something drastic I feel like she won't snap out of it

Idk if just a chat at the bar will do desu but it's worth the shot
>>
If you think she won't just brush you off if you talk to her, go for it. But it sounds like she's down a dark path and simply extending your hand as a friend isn't going to do much.

A lot of people have to learn the hard way, and based on what you've said from my POV it looks like that's going to be the case this time around.

I'd let her dad handle it initially. You can say a lot, but there's no guarantee it will be heard and your friendship may be ruined forever. But do bear in mind that if you try to talk to her about it after the fact, she may take it as an attack. Could be ruined forever that way, too -- but the real goal should be getting her sober.

Honestly I can't give real advice here, it's really up to you. Just be prepared for a bad time in any case.
>>
>>17825534
Oh, and be prepared to give support no matter the decision you make.

People with real substance abuse issues will often lash out when someone highlights their addiction as an actual problem. Keep in mind it's more the addiction talking than her, should things go south. I said and did some terrible things before I cleaned up my act, and looking back I'm deeply ashamed of them.
>>
>>17825524

ITs good you are concerned, its the right thing to do. I wonder if you need a team approach as to whats going on, you, her family, her friends, her ex boyfriend. I would certainly talk to everyone and see what everyone is doing and take a co-ordinated approach.
>>
>150000$ job
>Get fired
I would advise to point a finger at her and laugh heartily for actually being the stuff of jokes and throwing away such an indecent income.
>>
>>17825532

What's something "drastic" I can do?

>>17825534
I was partly thinking this. I feel like if I try to intervene she's just going to push back on me for getting involved in her shit, and maybe come at me for my excessive drinking.

>>17825547
Her ex is happy to work with me if I can help, but he doesn't want her back or anything, so that's limiting. She'll be mad at me for taking his side. Her family? I don't know. I think they like me, but I don't know how much. I used to fool around with her sister and ended up not talking to the family for a long time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.