[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have aspergers and when I look in a mirror everything I do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mjr99mYCcG1rhgdybo1_500.gif (987KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjr99mYCcG1rhgdybo1_500.gif
987KB, 500x274px
I have aspergers and when I look in a mirror everything I do looks jankey and insincere
like I cant even say hello without looking creepy or smile without doing it a millisecond too late to make it look natural

I've been practicing but I feel like its only making it worse
is there anything I can do about it? I feel like this is the real reason I have trouble making friends
>>
no help even on /adv/?
>>
>>17823539
How are you deciding what "looks creepy" or is "too late"? Everyone looks awkward to themselves when they start asking the question "do I look awkward?" Try not to force yourself to be someone else, it'll make you anxious and less approachable.

I would definitely advise you to stop practicing and pay more attention to other things.
>>
I would say be your weird self and find friends that think it's cool

Just tell them you have assburgers straight up
>>
>>17823539

Don't have aspergers but I have my fair share of mental disorders and I'm an awkward person so here's how I handle it. Don't give a single fuck about other people. Don't worry about what people think of you. Don't try to be something your not. I'm awkward, my friends are awkward, my parents are awkward...it's normal to be not normal. Boost your self esteem and it'll help. Work out. Find a sport you can play recreationally even if your not good (i chose paintball) and get the fuck over what people think of you.
>>
>>17823609

Listen to that guy being open with people makes the best of friends
>>
>>17823609
>Yo, like the dude from Mr. Robot?
>yea
>that's sick bruh
>>
File: 1452469882388.jpg (286KB, 622x941px) Image search: [Google]
1452469882388.jpg
286KB, 622x941px
OP here

I want to be normal and I don't want to be weird
I can smash puss but only when I speak little and do everything minimally and don't be myself
as soon as I get mildly comfortable with a girl and have a real conversation, I can actually watch the attraction slowly die

I have put so much effort into improving myself that barely two years ago losing my virginity literally ever would be unthinkable
I will not stop trying
ever

I just need to know how to make all this less of a struggle
its not like I transform into a frat boy to pick up girls. but girls are attracted to relaxed men who do lots with little effort
and maintaining that kind of composure and level of perception is almost unnatural for me to maintain for a long time

but I need it to
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.