[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grass is greener

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1480028654466.jpg (66KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480028654466.jpg
66KB, 720x720px
I don’t even know how to process this but basically my girlfriend of 2 years told me she's has a fear of missing out and isn't sure if I'm the right one. she doesn't want to get to 40 and not be happy or something.

Anyway I'm going through a Rollercoaster of emotions because I'd like to be with her but now I don't know if I even want to be commited anymore and I feel somewhat betrayed.

any advice?

Sorry if this doesn't sound right, I'm not really good at using the right words and what not.
>>
If I were you buddy, drop her while you can. She's gonna be the type that tells you this to prep you for the inevitable cheat/break up. If she can't be happy with what she has with you, she certainly doesn't deserve your tears nor your love. It'll fucking hurt and feel lonely when you guys break up, but it'll heal in time as long as you've got some support behind you; friends, family, etc. She's not missing anything, but even if someone told her this, it's something she'll find out only after experiencing it, sorry to say.
>>
>>17823274
Thanks dude, it hurts allot because I've invested so much time into her and then yeah I don't know its so confusing.
>>
>>17823307
atleast shes giving the courtesy of warming you up to it.. i dont know if thats a good thing but id imagine its certainly better than what i recieved.

first person I "loved" first real relationship, took my virginity, and you know how she dumped me? Literally out of the fucking blue, no fight happened, we never fought anyway, and the SAME day she dumped me? didnt talk to me at all, the only thing she said was "im still in love with my ex" and posted shit on social media and got back with HIM in a RELATIONSHIP right away!

dont even go back this girl is going to break your heart im telling you right now bro.
>>
My life has been full of heartbreak and disappointment. I honestly think it's because I always try to please women. I look around and see that guys who treat them horrible keep them. I think maybe becoming an asshole is the trick? Don't be the male provider become the male BUM and hide your money.
>>
>>17823260
>she's has a fear of missing out and isn't sure if I'm the right one
you just got dumped

sorry senpai
my wife did something similar

>>i'm not sre i love you anymore
>>i don't want to be married anymore
>p.s. I met someone else
>>
>>17823566
That's not how it works. Handsome men will have women crawling over them regardless of what they do or how they treat them.

Men in a provider role only get women because they have to provide to get anything. Becoming an asshole without being attractive will only save you heartbreak and abuse

So nevermind, become an asshole. You'll be alone, but that might be worth it.
>>
>>17823566
>le I'm such a nice guy but assholes get girls meme

You're not actually a nice guy. And those guys with girls aren't actually assholes. You are simply projecting your insecurities.
>>
>>17823583
This is broken logic.
First of all, what does a 'provider' provide, you reckon? My guess is money, but all everyone ever wants other to provide is VALUE.

Different women want different things, but not all women value themselves, and are therefore looking for a man to do it for them.

The asshole logic boils down to two categories:
>Daddy issues
>Independant

In the first category, if you walk up to a girl and tell her something she doesn't like to hear about herself, she might spend the rest of the evening trying to get your approval. You can tell her her dress is kinda ugly, and she'll cling to you as long as you give her a few compliments here and there. It's a rollercoaster of giving and taking away.

In the second category, you can basically just talk to her as you do a man you admire, with respect. If you tell her she's beautiful, she'll appreciate it if she thinks you're being sincere, and not saying it just to get in her pants.

Don't confuse girls for women.

And btw OP I get fucking triggered whenever people like you ask for advice, and don't post your age (and your SO's)
>>
Thanks for all your responses.

I guess its just life.
I saw allot in her you know, she stayed with me through my diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and what not which was pretty scary.
I'm over all that stuff now and I've nearly finished my plumbing apprentiship so I guess whatever happens I'll just keep chugging along.
>>
>>17823274
I have been through this and it is spot on. I regret it daily.

Relationships in your twenties can be very challenging.
>>
File: hjhjh.jpg (54KB, 480x666px) Image search: [Google]
hjhjh.jpg
54KB, 480x666px
If it makes you feel better, this will be her in a decade or two.

What she's saying is: "I haven't had enough casual sex. I don't want to settle for boring monogamy until my looks disappear and I absolutely have to."
>>
>>17823691
>>17823681

Also man, if she doesn't change her mind eventually you will start arguing a lot. Jealousy will set in and the box of pandora will be unleashed. This is when you break it off.

Then you need to clarify for yourself whether you really think this person is special as a human being. If so, DO try to stay in touch, even if you have to break off communication completely for a while. It is a healing process and it is natural. If you truly have a connection with this person you will feel completely shit if you acted out of spite and anger.

And finally, don't overthink it. Let yourself feel, start being the person you really want to be, because every relationship sets internal boundaries in people. Live all those moments you probably wouldn't have if you were still together. Don't make the mistakes of many others before you.
>>
>>17823260
Okay, this is what I told my boyfriend when I knew I didn't want to be with her after she transitioned into being a woman. I knew it would hurt him if I said, "hey, I don't want to be with you anymore because you're trans and I'm not gay" so I said "you're the only person I've ever been with. I'm not even sure what I want, so maybe we shouldn't be so serious" I eventually moved on to saying the really mean stuff because I wanted HIM to be the one to dump ME so I would know for sure that he was comfortable with the relationship ending.

Point: she probably has a few specific reasons in mind for not wanting to be with you any more, and it probably isn't anything that you can change or control. If she's like me, she doesn't want to hurt you even though she's already decided that it isn't going to work out.
>>
File: 1411291289695.gif (532KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1411291289695.gif
532KB, 320x240px
>>17823260

>I don’t even know how to process this but basically my girlfriend of 2 years told me she's has a fear of missing out

If you are under the age of 24-25, this is supposed to happen. Young kids aren't supposed to settle down. Young relationships are supposed to end. Young relationships only serve as "practice", essentially, so we figure out what kind of things we want and need out of relationships until we grow up and have the experience and knowledge to choose the right person to settle down with.

Sorry. Thats the way it is. The only way you can fuck this up is by clinging onto a relationship that is obviously over.
>>
>>17823833
>>17823274
Also, yeah. The relationship might be good enough for you, but she's obviously not the person that your unique cocktail of pheromones and personality will knock the socks off of. Someone else will come around that's a much better fit and you'll both be happier.
Respect yourself and don't try to hang onto what you only thought was there.
>>
>>17823274
Can confirm

My ex of almost 2 years told me some very similar things. She's lost interest in you, it's time to move on OP. Take the time to comfort yourself around your friends and family. It'll be painful but you'll grow into a stronger person.

Best of luck OP
>>
>>17823833
You a such a fucking dumbass. Not wanting to be with him because he's a "woman now" 1.) validates his identity 2.) places the blame on you. It's the nicest way you could've broken up with him. But you had to do some passive aggressive bullshit.
>>
I'm in a similar position right now. I really want things to work out but my now-ex boyfriend wants the freedom to date another person and have sex whenever he wants. He even cheated on me but I'm willing to forgive if he shows me he cares enough about me to make things go right again. We spent two years togheter.

Everyone says move on, move on, move on, but I can't manage to talk to anyone else, to even think about dating is hilariously impossible. I'm just here, waiting for time to do its trick on me so that I can become jaded enough to try again. But I really don't want to. I want to be with him.
>>
>>17823260
fear of future regret
look up videos of that term with stock broker
then show her.
>>
Yeah that's sucks OP. I'm in the opposite position of liking my GF but I'm 27 and am not read to settle down. We're getting along fine for the past 2 years but can't help that I'm getting bored. I may have to try doping a similar warning soon so it doesn't shok her. Knowing what you do now, how could she have worded it better?
>>
>>17824586
link to one please
>>
OP. My ex just did this to me. Save yourself the hassle. We were two and a half years. Im 24 and she's 21.
>>
Fear of missing out is such an incredibly stupid mindset
>>
>>17824737
whys that?
>>
>>17824745
I think you're always, always in control of your life no matter what the situation is. If you feel like you're missing out on other expericnes in a relationship (want to try more cock), you haven't done enough effort in the relationship itself, in my opinion. If you feel like someone is holding you back, then you did not make enough of an effort yourself. Fear of missing out is just blaming another party for your insecurities or things that you lacked. If you always wanted to have played the guitar but "your parents never let you on guitar lessons and therefore you're missing out" is just a lack of effort on yourself.

Stop blaming other people for the insecurities. Take the blame yourself, take the mistake and improve upon it.

That's why I think that fear of missing out is such an incredibly stupid mindset.
>>
>>17823260
>fear of missing out and isn't sure if I'm the right one
and away she goes.

What sort of a relationship is that, and what a cold hearted person
>>
>>17824759
But would you blame someone that, for example, was in a relationship with someone who had done some crazy shit while you hadnt.

What if this person was like ir first or second relationship; would you still feel like that if the person felt like they hadnt experienced enough?
>>
>>17823698
that's the joke
monogamy isn't boring

married sex is considerably better than anything casual, or even LTR sex
>>
>>17824466
This is actually very helpful. I'll tell her that her identity is being validated next time she promises to stay a man and begs me to stay with her. Thanks.
>>
>>17823260
Yung leandoer!!!!!
>>
>>17823274
If this is true, then her love for you is not true and she wasted your time. Make her feel emotional pain when breaking up. Dont give her satisfaction that she is free from you. Make her feel bad that she is unable to be with you. At keast that way you can sleep, knowing that she is suffering and not you.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.