[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychotherapy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hello /adv/isors,

Does anyone here have any experience with psychotherapy? How did it go for you?

My life is ok but a bit repetitive and dissatisfying, I would like to get a broader experience from it. I don't feel much desire to do/try new things but I'm a bit bored of the things I'm doing now. I thought maybe psychotherapy could help me. Other recommendations also welcome. I've tried drugs and hookers, the novelty wore off...
>>
I saw a therapist for anxiety I was dealing with. It helped
>>
>>17822394
Would you be so kind as to give a modicum more detail? What kind of things did you do or talk about?
>>
>>17822397

So the first session, my therapist just let me talk the whole time and took notes. That way he could figured out what was actually causing me trouble. He didn't make me say anything I didn't want to, and didn't push questions. So that was the first session.

The following sessions he would tell me ways I could counter my problems. He gave me ways to calm down and to relieve anxiety in different situations. Which did help

The thing I liked about it was it wasn't just a bitch fest. It wasn't just me venting everyday. He actually taught me ways to fight my anxiety
>>
>>17822392
1. Analysis: Rolls up all the shit that happened in your life and analyze it. (What im doing). Basically a mental prostate treatment
2. Deep funded psychology: also has to do a lot with subconcious.
3. Behavioral therapy: more practical approach, therapist names you thing you can do
>>
>>17822392
it's worth trying

best if you can figure out (mostly) what things you want to talk about

and try to pick somebody you can talk to, this may be more important than you realize
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.