[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1475405845118.jpg (52KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
1475405845118.jpg
52KB, 576x472px
Tldr: is it ok to get an ugly gf just because you desperately want to have one?

So two of my closest friends got a gf a while ago. I was happy for them (since they were virgins just like me) but i can't stop thinking how ugly/fat those girls are. My friends were like always searching for girls (For example when one of them wanted to hit on some girl we faked that we didn't know them because it always ended bad for them and it was pretty embarrassing). So they got a gf now and I still don't but I think that it's not worth it to get an ugly one. I only tried with a girl that I really really liked and it ended bad. But I still can't stop thinking that is stupid to get an ugly gf just because you desperately need one. So should I try to lower my standards or should I wait for a girl that I like and keep being single? Thing is I might never meet this girl so I'm gonna wait for something that will never happen. What do I do guys? What is the point of getting a girl if she's ugly/fat? And no I'm not a guy who only cares about look.
>>
>>17822173
You can get one for practice and confidence building if you have troubles.
>>
It's better to be single than in a relationship with a person you don't like.
>>
>>17822178
It's not like I have troubles but I feel like I have too high standards. I only ever liked one girl in my life and I know this is bad. Also I don't really care about sex bj and shit like that.
>>
>>17822187
well then dont
>>
>>17822173
Has it occurred to you that those might be cool, interesting, fun girls that your friends actually like, so that the externals don't matter to them?
>>
>>17822173
I get the impression that looks are all that matter to you. I think you need to realise that that is a heck of a lot more to a relationship than that. The girls your friends are with may in fact be "great company".
>>
>>17822660
you're probably ugly
>>
>>17822173

in my opinion YES, but only if she meets the following two requirements:
>1) you like her. not as in 'she seems nice' but something about her gives you feelings.
>2) her flaws are something that you can look past.

there are some girls who are fat or ugly in a way that you still kinda wanna bang them. there are others who arent as fat or as ugly but are still not on your bang list.

its okay to find someone 'weirdly attrative'. i find lots of girls iwth a little extra pudge to be weirdly attractive. same with older women.

at the end of the day the ONLY reason you should ever date a girl is because you developed feelings for her.

otherwise whats the point? cuddle a dog, fuck a fleshlight.
>>
I know 4chan isn't big on morality, but how would you feel if a girl dated you just because she was desperate?
>>
Is it too overambitious to me to never wanting to date a fat girl? My face is pretty meh but I really take care of myself, I'm fit, eat well and so on; fat people usually eat really badly (fast foods) and don't exercise at all, sedentary. I can look past it if the girl is just a little chubby, but not outright fat. I also don't care if the girl is traditionally 'pretty' about her face or not.
>>
>>17822729
A good part of people who date and are even married do it out of desperation and fear of being alone.

Although most of them are miserable, so it's a bad idea. Just not really 4chan related.
>>
>>17822735
That simply isn't true. Don't believe everything you read on 4chan, and don't assume things when you see people together.
>>
>>17822733
Unless you're fat yourself, no, that's not overambitious and perfectly attainable. Does depend on what you consider to be fat though.
>>
>>17822740
Where did you get the idea that I take 4chains faggotory serious?

I got the conclusion from knowing fuckloads of people in a relationshits or marriages. A good part of them is simply too scared of change to leave even though they are unhappy.
>>
>>17822745
You can throw anecdotes around all day, but unless you have empirical evidence to back you up, you really have no substance to what you're saying.
>>
>>17822716

This. Bravo for being mature

You should never be with anyone for the sake of being with someone. Don't assume you know everything about their relationships. Just because you have ridiculous standards, doesn't mean your friends do.

Beauty is temporary so you better like what you're getting into, beyond what u see
>>
>>17822750
How about the relative high number of breakups and divorces? Shows that not that many people find the right partner right away, hence waste their time with a wrong one.
>>
>>17822776
Divorce rates have actually been declining. Plus, that doesn't mean that they're desperate or unhappy in their relationships. If anything, it shows that something's gone wrong in the relationship after marriage when they were happy enough before, since most reasonable people wouldn't marry someone with whom divorce is inevitable.
>>
>>17822789
Declining or not, they are still usually at 25-40% of all marriages, now imagine the dark number of unhappy people who can't afford to divorce or don't want to stay alone due not having the time to find another mate. (Admittedly, I am too lazy to look for the actual number)

There is also the high number of cheating, especially in relationshits.
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J398v01n03_03
Now obviously cheating doesn't necessary mean that the person is unhappy with the relationship alone ... its a solid indicator.

>it shows that something's gone wrong in the relationship after marriage when they were happy enough before
Given how divorce is more likely in the earlier years, the shit clearly moved into the direction already but didn't reach the tipping point.

>most reasonable people wouldn't marry someone with whom divorce is inevitable.
Sure but some use marriage (or god forbid, kids) as an attempt to save a failing relationship.
>>
>>17822825
You're making far too many assumptions and your evidence for the claim that most people settle when it comes to relationships is circumstantial at best.
>>
File: 1398541792468.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
1398541792468.png
208KB, 410x453px
>>17822173
>What is the point of getting a girl if she's ugly/fat?
>And no I'm not a guy who only cares about look.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.