[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend is very depressed and has talked about suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (471KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
471KB, 1152x2048px
My girlfriend is very depressed and has talked about suicide several times to me.

Today we were talking and she mentioned that she was having suicidal thoughts again and that they were especially bad. She said that self-harm and suicide were increasingly becoming something she wasn't seeing as a bad thing.

I asked her if she was planning on killing herself or if she had a date in mind and she said the 6th of January.

At this point its important to note I'm studying abroad and am not with physically with her right now. What should I do?
>>
>>17822110
find a new girlfriend.

Try to not spend any money and as little emotions on her too while you work on the new girl.
>>
>>17822110
If you're seriously worried, contact someone who is physically there with her.
>>17822122
Don't be so dismissive. OP clearly cares about this girl.
>>
>>17822132
not being dismissive it's the correct advice
>>
>>17822110
call her parents and tell them you are worried, then run like the wind
>>
>>17822122
But I love her.

>>17822132
I think so too. I'm not sure whether I should tell someone now or just make sure I let someone know on the 6th. I don't know what someone could now.

She agreed to go to our uni's counselor this Wednesday but said it wouldn't help.

She didn't say she would kill herself but that when the thoughts come up that's the date that comes to her head.

>>17822139
I'm thinking about that as well but she has kind of a rocky relationship with her family when it comes to this kind of stuff. I don't think they take her mental state very seriously.
>>
>>17822143
>I don't think they take her mental state very seriously
well then maybe you shouldn't either. they likely have been down this road a thousand times and you just the next fool to fall for this
>>
>>17822143
What about her friends?
Also, tell them now, don't wait.
>>
>>17822143
tell someone now so she can be out of your responsibility asap. Don't leave the ball on your leg any longer than it has to stay there.
>>
>>17822153
That's crossed my mind a little but I don't think that's the case. Besides, I would never want to take that chance.

>>17822156
>>17822160
Okay, I'll text her roommate tomorrow. I'm also worried because that 6th is over winter break so she may be home with her family then and not near any of her friends who I can contact.

I guess a larger question too is how to deal with suicidal loved ones in general? I do my best to listen and not dismiss her feelings and understand that there are reasons she has that she think's are worth killing herself for but there doesn't seem to be a way to "win her over" I guess. But I think I am closer to convincing her to seek regular counseling.

Its just difficult with this much distance between us until June.
>>
>>17822110
Get out while you can.
>>
>>17822143
Stop loving her. Someone like this will only bring you pain.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.