[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are some ruts impossible to get out of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Lautrec.jpg (158KB, 466x326px) Image search: [Google]
Lautrec.jpg
158KB, 466x326px
I've been in a terrible rut for years and I want to get out of it and improve myself. A sibling of mine died over 10 years ago and it really messed me up. I stopped wanting a relationship, whether a girlfriend or wife, I don't want kids, I don't want any substantial emotional investments. I just want a dog and a cat. I haven't been able to hold a job since my sibling died. I overthink everything while at work, and anxiety gets the best of me to the point where I wake up because of a panic attack. I let a lot of people down after they tried giving me a chance at their business. I've already tried a few alternative paths in terms of careers, but nothing seems to work out for me. I tried a bunch of different anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medicines over the years and none of them have ever helped.

I never had therapy or anyone to talk to after my sibling died. People would ask me how I was doing, but I know it was just smalltalk, and they weren't trying to initiate a therapy session. Things have been getting worse and worse for me, in terms of mental and physical health, but I have no access to effective mental health facilities. I don't speak to anyone, I don't have any friends. I know I would jumpstart a path to recovery if I were to relocate and not live so close to where my sibling died. I gave up on trying to go out and socialize years ago - I couldn't go to any nearby bar without someone waving me over, then introducing me to the rest of their group as "the guy whose sibling died". Everything around me seems to serve as a reminder of what happened. It feels like I'm living in an echo.
>>
>>17821705
I want to move, or see a psychiatrist, but I can't figure out a way to make either happen. I was thinking about doing something small to go to jail and hopefully see a mental health advisor there, but I know it wouldn't work out and it would only make things worse. And like I said, I can't hold a job, so working until I got benefits and insurance to see a psychiatrist is out of the equation, and relocating is only a fantasy.

I would have killed myself years ago, but I kept holding on thinking that something would change, or that I could do something to improve my situation. My parents resent me for being jobless, and I'm only an embarrassment to my younger sibling.

Are there any possible ways that I can get out of this situation? This is probably way too heavy of a situation for anyone here to assist me with. Keep in mind that I have no job, no money, no vehicle, not even a few changes of clothes. I've been lurking this board for a while and every suggestion seems to be "just take a year vacation to italy and find yourself my man go on a cruiseship and blow billions of dollars lol it's that simple".
>>
Hard to say

You get out of the rut and suddenly, you feel that is it still worth it to pursue what you were about to do? Time has passed and priorities change, what's left to do is up to you.
>>
Well, if you're in the US and you're broke, you could apply for Medicaid. Get to therapy or a doctor through that. You can also apply for SSI, and if you get that you get Medicaid automatically, but it'd be better to have insurance first, so you can have a provider who will fill out forms for you. It takes a while, but if you have a track record of dropping out of multiple jobs it'll be easier to prove you can't work. Maybe you could apply for SSDI too if you have a job history from before your sibling's death.

I recommend the Nolo Guide to Social Security Disability for the above. Check it out from a library if you can't afford it. If you need help with your case, there are lawyers that work on comission specifically on disability benefits cases. They basically take a small cut of the backpay you get when you're awarded benefits as their pay, and if you get denied they get nothing.

To answer your actual question, though, I don't think any rut is impossible to get out of, but I also think we're forever changed by big events that happen to For example, I was beaten by my ex for a very long time. It's been three years since I ran away, and I still have flashbacks and I still feel fucked up and sad about it. But I no longer lie in bed despondent all the time. I'm doing some stuff every day I like doing. Life really does change. It'll probably get bad again for me in future, but if I wait, that will change too.

There is nothing wrong with just wanting a dog and cat and no people around and to sort out your feelings for a while, anon. I don't think it's vital to being a human or anything, but I bet you'll come around to having some company later, after you can take the time you need.
>>
>>17821705
You say you'd jumpstart a path to recovery if you were to relocate - Do exactly that. Novelty is such a naturally effective cure. I'd urge you to just go.

I did "just go" when i was younger. I still don't know exactly what that experience brought me. I say that just to assure you that it's not that big of a deal to just drop everything and go, and that other people have done it before you.
>>
File: Laubro.jpg (24KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
Laubro.jpg
24KB, 300x355px
>>17821705
I can't really help you, ergo, you get a free bump, sorry.

>Be safe anon, don't you dare go hollow!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.