[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Nightmares.jpg (899KB, 1000x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmares.jpg
899KB, 1000x1212px
So I watched the synopsis to a horror game and I literally feel as if it has given me too much existential dread to handle.

Last night I slept with my laptop playing podcasts because being alone with my thoughts was too unpleasant an ordeal to suffer through. I would wake up every one and a half hours in a haze. I think I got like 4 hours sleep.

Tonight I don't want to endure the same as I have work tomorrow. What should I do.
>>
try to sleep, maybe the problem will continue for a few days but the fear will fade away with time?

What other kind of response were you expecting retard?
>>
>>17820540
A good way to fall asleep without those 15 minutes of vivid thought in the darkness.
>>
what's the name of the game?
Is this some kind of viral marketing campaign?
>>
>>17820566
Soma.
No.
>>
>>17820572

I'll try to make it as spoiler free for other anons as possible. I know the ending is brutal and from the perspective it's first observed it seems really dark. They absolutely nailed the tone of that scene. But consider this. Themes of being valid and meaning something as a person were often used in that game, and if anything, it should make you feel good about yourself. Your choices and behaviour are what define you. There is no external standard that you have to comply to to be a valid person. Even scrapping all religious or otherwise supernatural meaning to humanity you still are sure to "matter". Yes, if the tech that we see in the game ever comes around certain issues will arise, but from my point of view there's nothing wrong with doing what was done there. We should accept that we are nothing but our thoughts and actions and embrace it rather than be scared. Make a big enough ripple on the surface of the world that people will remember you when you're gone. Don't live in fear because there is no God or Heaven to validate you, embrace the time you have on earth and make the most out of it.

More direct spoiler stuff here:
[spoiler] and also being a copy in the context of minds means nothing. It would mean being just as valid as the "original". You both should accept the facts and move on, if that's what frightens You[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1480462121194.jpg (52KB, 610x438px) Image search: [Google]
1480462121194.jpg
52KB, 610x438px
>>17820534
anon tell me how does extistentisl dread work?? You are a brain box dats it, u exist while ur turned on and who u are is the brain box+experience. How is SOMA scary in that sense?? genuinely explain for me please
>>
File: 1451338360314.png (790KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1451338360314.png
790KB, 792x792px
THEY'RE NOT US
>>
>>17820572
ooooh I was guessing Soma as soon as I read the OP

great game, but probably shouldn't be played alone if you're sensitive about life/death and existentialism
>>
>>17820534
>>17820572
That entire game is horrifying on an existential level. I don't blame you.
But I don't know how to fix your brain, sorry.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.