[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Got caught driving with a permit in NJ

I live with my wife and mom. They usually drive or I drive with them in the car. Yesterday my wife was at school and my mom had to cover someone at work. I had no one to drive me home so she told me to just use her car and be careful. I went to work just fine but I got stopped literally 4 blocks from my house because a headlight was broken.

I told the cop the entire truth. He cut me some slack and told me to call my wife to drive the car home or else he would have to towe it. I got 4 tickets: one for broken taillight [$58], one for no possessing a DL [180], a summons for my mother and a summons for me.

I don't know what to do we have no money to pay anything as we are visiting my country in 3 weeks after 8 years of not going. My road test was supposed to be yesterday but since I had work I couldn't take it. Should we hire a lawyer? I explained the cop my financial situation and he told me to look for him during court date so he could talk to the judge and prosecutor.

I know what I did was illegal and I broke the law so please keep those comments to yourself
>>
>>17819526
Do what the cop said. He'll probably get at least one of the fines dropped (especially if you show you fixed the tail light). And then pay the fine.
>>
>>17819537
Is there a way for me to make a payment plan?
>>
>>17819526
>Should we hire a lawyer?

Yes.
>>
>>17819560
yes, you can talk to the judge about that
>>
>>17819526
> I know what I did was illegal and I broke the law
> Don't know what to do
Pay the fucking fine.

> Going on vacation
You aren't now. If you wanted to take a vacation, you should not have broken the law.

Or, at the very least, fixed the fucking headlight so the cop wouldn't have had to pull you over.

This is a lesson in life. You can't always do what you want. Just thank God he didn't have you towed. Then you'd be paying impound fees on top of your fine.

> Should we hire a lawyer?
You admitted guilt. You'd only be throwing more money at the problem.

Just pay the fine and go visit Shittakistan next year.
>>
>>17819656
My headlight burnt out yesterday.

Didn't realize until I was driving back home from work.

I stopped at walmart to buy the headlight.
>>
You are married but live with your mom and don't even have a driver's license.. Wtf man.
>>
>>17821054
This lol
>>
>>17821013
Why, you got your advice. There's no magical fix this button someone else will tell you about.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.