[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

laptop did an hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Tech moron here. My laptop refused to turn on today and I don't have a recent backup. I have loads of important work on it, including a 50 000 word document that I have a deadline on a week from now. Basically I need to get the info somehow. Now, I don't think the laptop is completely fucked. The on-button is messed up, and I think it finally quit on me. Is it possible to start the computer without it? Bypass it somehow? What are my best options?

inb4 opening it. I did (and have done so in the past) to fix the button but it didn't work. It doesn't react. It is very dead.
>>
>>17817407
Well you might try taking out the hard drive and loading that on another computer. IT might be the processor (in which case you're fucked) or something else. Best to just get what you need and get another laptop
>>
>>17817423
How do I do that without breaking anything?
>>
go to you tube and search for:
<laptop model> disassembly

Most are very difficult

Do you have a "mom & pop" computer fix-it place nearby?
You could pay a few dollars for them to take it out for you.
>>
>>17817434
>Most are very difficult
I meant most AREN'T very difficult

typing too fast.
>>
>>17817434
>Most are very difficult
:( I'm a moron tho
Any universal do's and don't?
>Do you have a "mom & pop" computer fix-it place nearby?
Nothing
>>
>>17817440
phew :) thanks m8
Nice accidental trolling you did there
>>
>>17817424

Literally all you need is a small screwdriver. Take out a few screws from whatever square-shaped plate is on the side/back, take out a few more screws, and wrestle that fucker out of there. Look up Youtube videos of your specific model if you're still skeptical. Then you can drop it in a different computer or buy an external enclosure (and then plug it into a different computer).
>>
>>17817448
Thank you :) Getting into it as we speak
>>
>>17817424
It's a laptop, it's probably not even screwed in. Pull the hard drive out and connect it to an adapter that you can get on Amazon. Whatever it is - > USB. Then plug it into another PC and suck off your data.
>>
>>17817457
inb4 OP fucks up his laptop more
and blames us
>>
>>17817483
Thanks

>>17817486
Nah m8. I'm grateful for the help. I double check on goggle to make sure I'm doing it right. I have no problems sacrificing lappy to get the info.
>>
>>17817508
Unless it caught on fire or got real close to a magnet or something, your data is fine.
>>
>>17817448

Good job, anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.