[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22 y/o female here, it was my birthday the other day /adv/ Late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: child in syria.jpg (686KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
child in syria.jpg
686KB, 1280x853px
22 y/o female here, it was my birthday the other day /adv/

Late in the day, one of my best male friends from college sent me a happy birthday text, but it seemed really impersonal. He's texted me and talked to me like this before, but I kind of wish I knew why (I can give other examples of our convos). Here's the most recent exchange between us. Finally I just got kind of annoyed with him

him: happy birthday!

me: WHERE YOU IN MY LIFE

him: aww!

me: -_-
me: come visit me
me: what have you been doing
me: let's video chat soon

him: do you really think i'm going to video chat lol

me: no
me: but
me: be my friend again dude

him: :-*

me: THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING
me: BE MY FRIEND

him: i wished you a happy birthday

me: thanks

Why does he do stuff like this? We took so many classes together, used to study together and hung out a lot. I'm still pretty close to his closest friends too

pic unrelated
>>
>>17816955
>be my friend
Wtf dude, you don't ask someone to be your friend, you just do.
He doesn't want to spend time with you, then leave him alone and find other friends. Easy.
But please, don't ask people to be your friends.
>>
>>17816973
Ah you're a girl. Okay, did he at some point have some feelings for you?
>>
>>17816975

I thought we were just close platonic friends, but he may have. I know most guys can't just have a platonic female friend, so maybe
>>
>>17817016
They don't
Those are just friend-zoned cucks
You're hearing it from a serial one
>>
>>17817036
I second this, either you start trying to date this guy, or for his own good stay way.
>>
>>17817016
This could definitely be part of it, but honestly, in my experience, most adult guys just don't really do "friendship" in the same way women do. In school/college it's different, because you're constantly surrounded by young, horny peers, and your social status/activities are going to pretty much dominate your attention no matter what.

As a working adult, a few years post-college - I keep a pretty small, close circle of friends, and we don't "hang out" much more than once a month or so. I don't have long phone/video chats with many people where we just talk for hours, it just doesn't happen.

You're just asking for too much attention, basically. You're asking him to be "one of the girls" and there's just no reason for him to do that. It doesn't sound like he dislikes you, he just doesn't want a close high-maintenance platonic friendship that requires a lot of effort
>>
It sounds like you're being clingy, but in a tongue-in-cheek way, so it isn't really that bad. That being said, he probably just wants to keep some distance from you for some reason. I don't know how often you're texting him, but you should probably just leave him alone
>>
>Best male friend from college
>Be my friend again
>WHY WONT YOU BE MY FRIEND?

I'M SO CONFUSED.
>>
Are you still in college?
>>
>>17817531

Like he was my best guy friend in college, but since we graduated we haven't talked that much. We're still friends, but like poster above said I'm saying "be my friend" half-seriously. But really, we do talk way less. I'm just saying I wish we talked more
>>
>>17817546

We just graduated in May.
>>
>>17817618
I see. Well for reference I split with a lot of my old college friends. Its nothing personal and quite normal. Anyways Happy Bday anon! Heres to a happy and successful year for you!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.