[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently I'm feeling sad for what I know is kind of a stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0321.jpg (48KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.jpg
48KB, 320x321px
Currently I'm feeling sad for what I know is kind of a stupid reason. What should I do? I know it's kind of dumb to feel the way I do, but I feel sad anyway.
>>
Telling us the reason would help.
>>
Accept your emotion first, it can't really go away if you don't accept that you're feeling what you're feeling. Then try to find out why you're feeling like that.
>>
>>17816824
It's really John Green tier. Basically, I love this girl a whole lot. For a while I thought it might develop into something, but now I'm afraid it won't. When I see her, which isn't often anymore these days, I sperg out more than I used to. I leave kicking myself for doing something wrong. I'm happy she's my friend, she's a great person, I just always thought I had a real chance with her and now I'm starting to realize it was all in my head.
>>
>>17816846
Of rather, it might have been all in my head. The not knowing kills me, but being flatly rejected would kill me more.
>>
>>17816846
Well it sounds like you fucked up, honestly. You can't just wait around for a friendship to "develop into something," you have to actually take a proactive role in making that happen. In the future, you should ask a girl out pretty much as soon as these feelings start to develop. If you wait too long, it'll always just turn into one of those "impossible crushes" that only exists in your head. Don't let your imagination run away with you, take action early in the game.

Did you ever ask her out on a date? Did you ever make it clear, in any way, that you were attracted to her and wanted to be more than friends?
>>
>>17816857
No. I didn't. One of my buddies used to like her a lot. He tried with her once, and she ended up thinking he was kind of a creep. I didn't want that. I loved talking to her. I did better than I usually do talking to people. Now when I talk to her I always think I'm screwing up, but I think it's just because I don't care what anyone thinks of me except for her.
>>
File: 1478629987348.png (440KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1478629987348.png
440KB, 633x758px
>yfw Alexander was an evil racist for conquering the mediteranian but The mongols were so le great guise
Mfw
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (458KB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
458KB, 1000x1504px
>>17816884
That kills me too, it really does. I hate John Green, but deep down, I think I am John Green.
>>
>>17816870
You probably are "screwing up" when you talk to her, because you've placed yourself in a very awkward position. When you're strongly attracted to someone, it's very difficult to hide that attraction and act like "just friends." Again, this is why it's a bad idea to just bottle up your feelings and repress them.

She can probably tell that you're "orbiting," girls usually can, and it's probably a bit awkward for her too. And you've screwed yourself twice over - it's probably going to be tough for you to move on, emotionally, and start looking for other girls, since you never got any type of closure with this one. Those feelings are just hanging around, unaddressed, and you'll always wonder what MIGHT have happened if you hadn't been such a pussy about this.

By the sound of it, it's probably too late with this girl. Just learn from the experience and don't make the same mistake in the future. A rejection isn't as crushing as you think, especially if you nut up and ask her out BEFORE you build things up so much in your imagination.
>>
>>17816901
I'm worried about being an orbiter too. I try to let her start up conversations, but I feel like a retard that way. I see her so rarely these days that each botched conversation I think will have a more lasting impression. It's just hard, man. I definitely did let my imagination get too far ahead of me this time.
>>
>>17816921
I would suggest that you just let the friendship naturally drift apart, and move on. Don't "cut her off" and get hostile, but don't keep chasing after this girl and initiating conversations, either. Be polite, but start letting go.
>>
>>17816927
Well shoot man, I want to at least be her friend. Maybe she'll never love me, but she's still the best person I know. I don't want her out of my life for good.
>>
>>17816941
Dude... you actually DON'T want to be her friend. You want to be her boyfriend, you want to have sex with her. That isn't dirty or selfish, it's normal. You feel like she's the "best person you know" because you're in love with her. Stop lying to yourself.

You don't really want to be best friends with this girl. You're just torturing yourself, at this point. I'm not saying she has to be "out of your life for good," I'm just saying she can't be the center of your attention anymore, you gotta move on.

Or just ask her out. But honestly, based on what you've said, I don't see that going well in this case. Best thing you can do is let go, move on, and learn from your mistake.
>>
File: received_359313214460802.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
received_359313214460802.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>17816794
OP please don't be who I think you are.
>>
>>17816974
I think 80% of high school/college-aged men could've started this exact thread, I really doubt it's your buddy from school
>>
>>17816985
Hahahahaha sorry I didn't read the thread.

You type like my teenage sister.
>>
>>17816949
Sex is really the furthest thing from my mind when I think about her. She's very pretty, but I don't sexualize her in my mind at all. It's her amazing personality. I just want to be around her and make her life happier. But if I can't offer her anything, I at least want her friendship.

I hope I don't come across as an orbiter, I actually know what it's like to have one. There was a girl who was the same way with me as I guess I am with my girl. We were friends, but she was really nuts about me and I didn't feel the same about her. It was weird for a while, but we're about back to normal now. I hope for that at least.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.