[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do adults have crushes/fall in love for real or is that just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1335.jpg (123KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1335.jpg
123KB, 640x641px
Do adults have crushes/fall in love for real or is that just a teenager thing?

It hasn't happened since the last one wore off three years ago and it's starting to get boring.

Like, I know I'd have a snowball's chance in hell to ever even be attractive to someone who wouldn't be attractive to me, and I'll never date someone I could actually love, but I miss that now that it's stopped happening.

Also, how do you keep being completely undesirable in a romantic sense from putting a dent on your self-esteem? People keep talking about being a good person and being lovable like they're one and the same.
>>
>Also, how do you keep being completely undesirable in a romantic sense from putting a dent on your self-esteem?

You have to not let it be a question. Your self-esteem and lovability can't be directly related or else you'll never be happy.

You have to make that question a non-starter and believe it.
>>
>>17816041
Can you word that in a way that someone who doesn't speak english as a first language would understand?
>>
we are wired to love by nature so yes adults fall in love too
we just learned to control it more because society wont work if we leave our sons mothers on a whim
>>
>>17816057
Basically you can't let being single affect your self-esteem.

You just have to believe that being single has literally NOTHING to do with your worth.

Change the way you think in that area and you'll be untouchable.
>>
>>17816064
Easier said than done. Where do I start?
>>
>>17816137
By getting the fuck off from 4chan
>>
>>17816160
Well, if I'm not here, how do I finish hearing what you have to say about not turning bitter from a lack of human affection?
>>
>>17816023
Old man here.

I fell in love at 32, 36 and, much to my surprise, 49. If there's a difference from teenage love is that it tends to start as friendship or the adult version of FWB and then at some point you suddenly realize that you have been in love for some time.
>>
>>17816220
Okay, sounds horrible.

No advice on dying alone, I take it?
>>
Dude, people in old folks' homes get crushes, become awkward around each other and try to sneak off together.

It's a delusion of teenagers that they have exclusive rights to love and sexuality. Old folks not only engage in these but often enough also with less inhibitions and more enjoyment than when they were young.
>>
>>17816263
So how come it hasn't happened for a while?
>>
>>17816263
That it happens throughout life doesn't mean it happens all the time. It's an individual thing how easily and often you connect with others. I know plenty of people my age (mid twenties) who have never sincerely been in love, only some half assed crushes. Or they fell in love once years ago.

If anything some people might get higher standards with time but that's about it, other than that it's just not a crazily common thing to happen to you.
>>
>>17816292
Shit, meant to quote you obviously >>17816297.
>>
>>17816212
If you need to be handheld the whole way then you deserve to be a bitter faggot. Either cut yourself off from the gene pool, or make the smallest attempt to better yourself.
>>
>>17816303
Well, I'm about to be sterilised for legal reasons soon, so you don't have to be worried for that part.

Living what you preach, are you?
>>
I think people become a lot more cynical as they get older but also, more inclined to "settle". I know a lot of people who are in relationships with people because it fits what is expected of them (me being one of them, in my previous relationship).

I am almost 30yrs old and the person I am seeing at the moment is someone I have known for years. I am, for the first time in my life, in love with somebody. I can only say this using my own definition of love, so of course it might be completely idealistic bullshit. However, my feelings for them have never diminished or decreased, despite having to deal with some pretty difficult things together. We work fantastically together, I could happily spend the rest of my life with him. If I believe in soul mates (which I don't), how I feel about him would be the definition I'd give.

So...it is possible to "fall in love" as an adult in my opinion, it just depends on what kind of person you are. My situation is also very odd and I consider myself extremely lucky to be with the person I am with.
>>
>>17816523
Alright, so I guess it's gonna keep happening.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.