[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

Should I leave my girlfriend to enjoy my early 20's as a single man?

A little background: I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years now. She's 19 and i'm 22. We have shared a lot together and I do enjoy her company most of the time. She's very easy to get along with and I feel like I'm in control of the relationship. Lately I've noticed she's been gaining weight. She doesn't eat healthy, exercise at all, and her favorite thing to do is "sleep all day." She also smokes weed and cigarettes which I don't really like.

It's really making me less attracted to her, since her being thin was one of the best features about her. I would say she's a 5/10 if I had to rate her right now.

She is enrolled in a local Community College and she would like to go into Psychiatry. This is relevant because it basically means she is going to be flat broke for the next 8-10 years. So if I ever want to travel I would have to foot the bill for the both of us, etc.

I feel like right now is my best opportunity to meet new women since I am in my prime, and I don't know whether to leave this somewhat comfy relationship or venture out and meet new people and try new things.
>>
yes you should
during 2 years you were unable to form a connection and you want to fuck other women anyway
>>
>>17816050

Yup, agree with this duder
>>
File: rekt.jpg (45KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
45KB, 500x531px
>>17815959
>Should I leave my girlfriend to enjoy my early 20's as a single man?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Before I even read the rest of your post, my answer is already yes.

You shouldn't even consider a serious relationship until you're 30. You need to be enjoying your life, living and growing as an individual.

Even if you met some "special" girl it doesn't matter because at your age who you are and who she is today are very different from the people you will become.

Get made, get paid, get laid. Focus entirely on yourself for the next 8 to 12 years, then and only then, maybe consider settling down, if that's what you want to do.

I cannot stress that last part enough, don't feel like you have to get married. It's just not for some guys, don't be like me and have to suffer through a failed marriage before you realize that you're not a one woman guy.

Marriage as an institution is dead. It's a joke. 3 out of 4 fail because nobody gets married for the right reason (there's only one, and I'm happy to share) and there's zero social or legal consequences for a woman being unfaithful/reneging on her vows.

The odds aren't in your favor, and the pay out honestly isn't worth it, so strongly consider if it's even for you, and make that consideration after you have a decade or so of life experience to draw on so you can make an informed decision.

>A little background: I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years now. She's 19 and i'm 22... ...it basically means she is going to be flat broke for the next 8-10 years. So if I ever want to travel I would have to foot the bill for the both of us, etc.
You don't even really like this chick, her looks are declining because she feels no need/desire/pressure to impress you, and on top of all of that she's a massive burden to you.

-MOAR TO FOLLOW-
>>
File: chains.jpg (89KB, 612x870px) Image search: [Google]
chains.jpg
89KB, 612x870px
>>17816121
-MOAR AS PROMISED-
You don't need that shit in your life. You mentioned wanting to travel? Ditch the bitch and go to Thailand for a month. You'll wonder what you were ever thinking, considering commitment at your age.

>I feel like right now is my best opportunity to meet new women since I am in my prime
Your feeling is correct.

>and I don't know whether to leave this somewhat comfy relationship or venture out and meet new people and try new things
OP it sounds like you like the familiarity of this girl more than you actually like the girl.

She's replaceable. She's not special. You owe it to yourself to live while you can.

End it.
>>
>>17816121
>You shouldn't even consider a serious relationship until you're 30

Lol
>>
File: life.jpg (25KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
25KB, 350x350px
>>17816133
"Lol."

Thoughtful rebuttal. Thank you for contributing. Seriously though, why would a man consider settling down before then? Are you afraid of being alone? Are you that weak? Are you that insecure?
>>
>>17815959
>If you are socially functional yes
In my case, 21, my girlfriend left me a year ago and I haven't even kissed anyone since (I go to parties and I don't even have a computer so I'm a special kind of autist)
>>
>>17816138

At least personally I find more enjoyment and fulfilment in a committed relationship that is based on trust and mutual support through thick and thin, than I could find in banging a different girl every week. You're right, marriage isn't for everyone, but neither is sleeping around. There are benefits to both choices and neither of them is a wrong one.
>>
>>17815959
You decide if you want to be with her or not.

Tobacco fucking gross.I'd cut my partner off if they did, I want to breathe clean air and not taste fucking smoke when we kiss.
>>
yes, doesnt really sound like a strong enough relationship to go the distance.

seeing other girls is fun an all for the first 3-6months after that it gets boring also. At least you'll be able to live your like without asking 'what if' and having affairs later in life because of not playing the field
>>
>>17815959
You should break up with her because you don't sound into her at all. It is stupid to stay in a relationship if it isn't making your life significantly better ad you don't see it working in the long run.

At 22 you're hardly at your prime. Guys are at their prime in their mid-late 20s.
If you are with the right person you can have fun and try new things. Being single isn't necessary.
And single people have much less sex than people in relationships.

But you should break up because you are unhappy.
>>
File: pep e.gif (349KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
pep e.gif
349KB, 300x169px
>>17816138
The % for diseases and especially genetical diseases for children increases exponentially at 30+, and the chance for marriage to break is also exponentially higher towards how many sexual partners they've had

>>17815959
>hmm, i'm happy, but i want to get AIDS

neck it m8
>>
>>17816121
>mentions how tragically women suffer no consequences for disrespecting their vows, the odds are against us men
>whelp haha I needed a marriage to realize that one pussy ain't enough for this big guy!

Okay.
>>
File: onceuponatime.jpg (263KB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
onceuponatime.jpg
263KB, 905x1280px
>>17816253
>At least personally I find more enjoyment and fulfilment in a committed relationship that is based on trust and mutual support
What you're describing is exceedingly rare, real life is not a Disney film.

>You're right, marriage isn't for everyone, but neither is sleeping around
What bothers me is the pressure to get married. It's annoying. Like I said, as an institution it's become a joke (no-fault divorce was the cherry on top of the shit sundae) and I don't think most people are really hardwired for it.

Likewise, I don't recommend hooking up with a new girl every other night. I mean, there I times when I'll do that (I fucking love Thailand) but generally my lifestyle is a healthy medium between the two extremes.

If I'm going to get married again, it'd have to be to an absolute unicorn of a woman. I'm on the lookout for her, but in the meantime I have casual relationships as my needs demand. Usually no more than 4 or 5 women a year, and I'm ok with the fact that I might never meet said unicorn.

I think "settling" for someone because of the idea that you absolutely have to get married is one of the dumbest things you can do. Think being alone is the worst thing in the world? It isn't, as bad as being with someone who makes you *feel* alone.

>>17816307
This. All this debate aside, this is the simple truth.

>>17816336
>The % for diseases and especially genetical diseases for children increases exponentially at 30+
Yeah if you're a woman. Wait. You didn't think I was implying that once you're 30 and you start looking for a serious relationship it's with a 30 y/o woman, did you?

El. Oh. El.

No. You get with a girl between the ages of 21 to 26, younger girls are too crazy (and it's too creepy, come on) and older girls are nearing the wall.

-MOAR TO FOLLOW-
>>
File: motheroftheyear.jpg (37KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
motheroftheyear.jpg
37KB, 480x700px
>>17816948
-MOAR AS PROMISED-
>and the chance for marriage to break is also exponentially higher towards how many sexual partners they've had
Yes, one's ability to pair bond is diminished by how many partners they've had, because it gives one perspective. Once again, marriage is shit.

I mentioned earlier that there's only one valid reason to get married, here it is: to have children and to preserve wealth.

Anything else is just bullshit. It might be bullshit you feel good about, but it's bullshit. You throw a party celebrating female narcissism, bet a woman she won't tire of you and take half of your shit, and you roll the dice because "it's what you do."

It's like gay marriage is literally pointless. I mean it's absolutely necessary, just as a gesture for the sake of human rights, but it's pointless.

>>17816350
Don't misunderstand. I'm not going to get into the fine details of my marriage, but suffice to say my wife wasn't happy (because of course not, we were in a relationship based on co-dependency since we were 18, got married when we were 20, and divorced at 24) and neither was I. I realized after the fact that the idea of going my entire life only fucking one girl was *horrifying* but I fully intended to honor my vows and stick it through, mostly for my daughter.

That's the thing, marriage isn't about happiness. It isn't. Not even a little. I mean it's something to work towards but it's presence or lack thereof isn't supposed to justify divorce, that's what all the "for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health" is about.

Marriage is supposed to be a covenant, where two people agree to face life, the good and the bad, together. The problem is, there is legal zero or social pressure enforcing this, millennial women are almost exclusively sociopathic narcissists purely concerned with their own mercurial desire, and more and more men are realizing that between divorce and family law being brutally misandric,
-MOAR TO FOLLOW- (fuck my autism is showing)
>>
File: truthmgtow.jpg (369KB, 1000x823px) Image search: [Google]
truthmgtow.jpg
369KB, 1000x823px
>>17816969
and there being a stark shortage of marriageable, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze anymore. That's where MGTOW comes from.

>>17815959
OP I'll say it again. It sounds like you're not happy. So leave her.

FFS you're on a Nepalese throat-singing image board asking anons if you should stay in an unfulfilling relationship. I think you came here wanting to hear what you already know.

Move on.

Alright. I'm leaving this thread, I think that's for the best.
>>
>>17816307
22 is prime age for picking up prime age females, ie 16-22 year olds. Any older and your chances of getting prime age girls decreases even though your chances of getting any girl can still be increasing until you're in your 30's. OP only has a few more years where he can date prime teenage pussy and he shouldn't waste them. Once you're in your late 20's you can start to look for someone to settle down with.
>>
>>17817009
In my experience high school girls rarely date guys who aren't in high school with them, and college girls date older than them so 23-26.
I am 22 and most of my friends date 27-30. I am the one with the youngest boyfriend and he's 25.

We know we are at our prime, why wasting your most desirable years with someone who isn't at his prime?
>>
>>17815959

it sounds to me like the relationship is rather shallow. and thats not bad, people connect for different reasons.

but its not something rooted in love or extreme commitment. so why not leave? stop thinking about life in terms of these big possibilities and focus more on whats in front of you.

is being with her bringing you more joy than being single? if so, stay. if not, be on your own.

dont avoid staying with a girl just becuase it hinders some sort of ideal life style. but on the other hand don't sta with someone just becuase its convenient.

a lot of men make the mistake of settling with a girl just cuz its convenient. becuase men do all the approaching they essentially 'settle' for the first girl who says 'yes' to them and doesn't run off after the first few dates. thats not healthy dating wise, but men are desperate for companionship.

dont focus on being single, dont focus on being a couple. focus on being an individual. and whoever is along for the ride is along for the ride.
>>
File: mgtow.jpg (85KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
mgtow.jpg
85KB, 1024x568px
ITT
>>
>>17816948

i like your outlook anon. i think more people would be happy if they focused on whether or not the relationship makes them happy now instead of insisting it will make them happy until the end of time.

whats wrong iwth loving someone truly and deeply in the moment, whether its a night, a week, a few months, or a couple years, but leaving when things just arent the same?

i understand why there is a focus on permanence between the disney memes and the whole 'raising kids' shtick, but in modern society we could be phasing those out.

even if the relationship DOES last forever, why do you need paperwork saying 'NOW YOU HAVE TO EVEN IF IT CHANGES' ? why not just live together indefinitely. sure tax breaks and shit, but is that really worth it?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.