[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Point of reference in your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: sadness.jpg (359KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
359KB, 1600x1200px
For you older lurkers here, I'm at a crossroads right now life. Who was and or what served as your mentor in life where you had a clear point of reference for progression? What or who helped guide you and motivate you to where you are now?

My story
>At age 25, I am facing the end of my 20's. >After highschool I had just gone straight to dead-end jobs and even trade/skilled work.
>Having lived an unfulfilling life so far after highschool, years fly by without anything worthwhile happening in my life.
>Still living with parents at age 25, I am now tasked with choosing my next course of action.
>Only just now starting a four year journey of going back to college for Mechanical Engineering degree, maybe even shooting for a Master's.

I'm so lost. A girl I thought was going to one slowly unveiled herself as a pretentious, needy person. I had quit my last 9-5 due to depression and lack of motiavtion. All my friends have moved out of this hometown and I have none. I don't know what to wake up in the morning for any longer. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>17815605
>Who was and or what served as your mentor in life where you had a clear point of reference for progression? What or who helped guide you and motivate you to where you are now?
Me, myself and I.

>years fly by without anything worthwhile happening in my life.
Well, if you didn't do anything beyond shitty jobs, what do you expect?

>Only just now starting a four year journey of going back to college for Mechanical Engineering degree
That's something.

>I don't know what to wake up in the morning for any longer.
Long term goals, hobbies and passions yo, although it's tricky to find the time and energy for that when doing dead end jobs, but it's perfectly doable. Also the ending of One Piece, and now season 3 of Code Geass.
>>
File: lonely.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lonely.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
>>17815618
Thanks. I did find a passion that helped ground myself to earth when I had found myself facing existential questions. For me it was fixing up old cars which gave me a tangible object to tie my progression in life towards and had me take a liking to /o/.

Though these days it seems so childish and foolish now and I can not support even my own existence and sustenance by just working crap jobs and this car hobby. I think I am depressed and I don't really have anyone to turn to.
>>
>>17815605
>who or what served as your mentor
nobody. i had nobody to look up to when i was growing up.

>what or who helped guide you and motivate you to where you are now
the point at which my life changed was when i abandoned plans that i had for the next 3 years to be with and support my girlfriend, who was in a really bad state (depression, etc). i moved country to be with her, and ignored a contract i had signed with the previous country's government. at some point later (over a year), she had to move country. i moved again with her, kind of. her and her family couldn't support me (i couldn't support myself yet), so i moved to the same country but elsewhere, until i could get a job and stuff. she broke up with me shortly after.

my only motivation in life right now is to make people happy. not just anyone, of course. people that i think are good people and that i care about. but not just be nice to them in general. the people that i consider worth this time and effort, i would literally do anything for them. just to make things just a tiny bit less shit for them.

at those crossroads though, she kind of guided me towards giving a shit about myself (because if someone like her gave so much of a shit about me, i can't be that bad. i should take better care of myself).

now i'm working "9-5" (in reality it's an hour more than that) mon-fri just to get by. job makes me anxious as fuck, the company is about to liquidate. i don't get any government benefits if i lose this job, i'm not a citizen. just applying to lots of other jobs in the hopes i find something better, or anything at all.

i don't really have any goals. just want to be happy. and the people i care about to be happy. but it's hard, because life is shitty.
>>
>>17815630
>Though these days it seems so childish and foolish now
Given the positive effects, there is nothing childish or silly about it. The actual activity doesn't even matter that much, it's about the effect on you. Besides, being able to fix old cars is actually an useful skill. It's not like you're passively consuming media or something.

Although a long term goal to look forward to would be a great addition. Just getting a degree doesn't sound that motivating for me.

>I think I am depressed and I don't really have anyone to turn to.
These tend to run hand in hand; if you don't totally sperg out, you're bound to make some in college. Not necessary close friends but better than nothing.
>>
>>17815647
I forget not everyone's life revolves around the United States.

But your position is similar to mine in which you have to make a decision soon; a life altering one at that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.