[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I moisturize twice a day, and only wash my face with lukewarm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 098456.jpg (40KB, 652x400px) Image search: [Google]
098456.jpg
40KB, 652x400px
I moisturize twice a day, and only wash my face with lukewarm water during my 60 second shower.

And yet my face is still incredibly tight, dry, and flaky. I'm 25 and still have acne... because of my dry, dehydrated skin.

How could I possibly be any more gentle than I already am?
>>
I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the icepack, I use a deep pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my
routine. I always use an after-shave lotion with little or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

How is your diet? What about your stress level? Those have big impacts on acne.
>>
>>17815011
Try acutane.
>>
>>17815015
I thought accutane caused dryness?
>>
>>17815011
What do you do for a living?
>>
i like to cover myself head to toe in a layer of coconut oil every so often, especially in the summer. people probably think i'm weird for it because i can be shiny as fuck for several hours straight and sometimes it gets all over my clothes so i have these big oily spots all over. but people also compliment me on my skin all the time. i never wear makeup but have coworkers asking me if i'm wearing foundation and wondering what i do to my skin.

also use a ton of retinol twice daily.

so try that. fucking oil, just all over. it does get in your eyes and things are blurry and painful for an hour or so but my eyelids get so dry without it.

yeah.
>>
File: pb.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pb.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>17815050
I'm an Investment Banker on Wall Street.

jk, I'm a oil field technician. Really though, diet and stress play a big role in acne for most people. Diet is easier to change. Stress may be a little more difficult but is still manageable. There's other small things you have control over that you can adjust to help combat your acne problems, like keeping your face clean throughout the day. Which is something I try to do considering I can get very dirty at work, covered in oil, mud, drilling fluid, and various other shit. You can also make sure your sheets and pillow cases are clean, basically anything you're going to be putting your face on. There's other tips out there, just research it.
>>
>>17815006
You want to use a cleanser instead of just water

Make sure you drink enough water and maybe use a thicker moisturizer

Exfoiliate 2x a week also
>>
>>17815065
Wtf. NO. just NO. Please don't do this to yourself. You just need a standard face moisturizer (counter-intuitive because of the breakouts but trust me). Get your mom or sister to buy you the yellow stuff from the Clinique counter. Apply after your shower anywhere that feels tight and rub in like sunblock.

Please don't put saturated oil on your body. Esp not your face.

And if you aren't please get yourself a cleanser. My guy has me buy him Neutrogena foaming cleanser. (Blue bottle with a pump on top in the makeup/hairdye/facewash aisle)
>>
Just tap water by itself is actually pretty damaging to your skin. Use a good cleanser, and like stated above an exfoliation regime too. If you want light and non damaging product the best would be something all natural
>>
Why do you even care about your skin, are you fucking gay?
>>
>>17815110
You must be the smelly greasy kid noone wants to talk to that wears a beanie to hide ugly hair and refuses to change any negative qualities
>>
>>17815042
Yes it does, >>17815015 is retarded. I was on it for a year and a half
>>
>>17815097
would you be happier with unsaturated oils? lol.

seriously what do you think is wrong with coconut oil on your face. my eyelids get crazy dry from medication and this fixes it np and gives me awesome skin
>>
>>17815158
Sometimes adding extra oil causes more drying bcus new lack of natural oil production (your skin thinks you have enough oil so it stops doing what it does best)
>>
>>17815158
What kind of skin are you working with? C.O would just sit like butter on my see-through ghost skin.
>>
>>17815042
It does and it's fucking brutal, I couldn't eat an apple without my lips cracking at the corners and bleeding.

Are you using a strong acne gel? A couple of them wreck my skin and make it peel and get tight. I like clindamycin, that's all I use now in addition to moisturizer and oil based soapless cleanser, and I finally got rid of the acne at 26
>>
>>17815110
THIS JUST IN: only gay people take care of their skin
>>
Okay I used to get this and I've sorted it out

Wash your face with just lukewarm water and your fingers in the morning. Cover your race in oilatum intensive face cream for dry skin then pat (triple purified) vaseline on top

In the evening use cetaphil cleanser for dry skin - again just using your fingers and lukewarm water. Then again, the face cream and the vaseline

Make sure when you dry your face as well, pat with a towel super gently. And try and drink as much water as possible
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.