[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was once a student at a top tier institution. I was the top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: delete.png (869KB, 1856x1060px) Image search: [Google]
delete.png
869KB, 1856x1060px
I was once a student at a top tier institution. I was the top of my class and took junior level physics courses in high school, but now, I'm nothing. I had so many doors open for me, so many opportunities but I feel like I threw them away. I went through depression my Freshman and Sophomore year and I couldn't focus and ended up getting kicked out. I needed an escape and drank a lot, smoked a lot, and eventually did coke and ran out of money. Thankfully, this was the time I started to realize I needed some serious help and I went through therapy and took medication. I spent a good time rebuilding myself: I ran, lifted weights, and whatever books that were available to me. After some time, I felt like I transformed: I pushed my lifts to numbers I didn't think possible when I first started out, and made an app (a simple game) on android/iOS. I reported this to the school and they still won't let me in, and am now currently considering joining the military.
>>
>>17814925
This can't be the only option for me, I really don't want to go to any other school (the only schools I can go to are community colleges, I can't send any transcripts due to a hold) and my job right now sucks (manual labor). I hate myself right now for being...emotional, and I can't help it that I couldn't find any enjoyment in my work because my best friend committed suicide. I just want to be somebody, I might not be capable of being the next Einstein, but even after getting over it and having a boosted feeling of confidence after all the lifting and reading, I fear that I lost my ability to think, and I will never know for sure unless I take courses or do research. I know I'm a smart kid, but I feel like I'm going nowhere. No one wants me, I feel like I pushed my friends away because I'm down, and hearing them say that I'm their inspiration actually hurt me because I'm at an all time low. I'm stuck, and I don't know what to do, and I turn to you guys /adv/. Do you guys have any advice on what I should do? I just want to be somebody.
>>
It's not your fault, so stop calling yourself a loser. Depression is a serious thing. Don't feel bad about getting kicked out because of this. Again, it's not your fault.

You have so much to live for. And don't join the army.
>>
>>17814945
It's really not the end of the world dude. Try to focus on yourself. Try to find a loved one. Talk to your parents. I'm sure people like you.
>>
>>17814957
I don't know, I just had so much going for me. It's weird being at rock bottom, and I don't know how to get back up. I feel like everyone is laughing at me behind my back, especially at therapy because I think that they think my problems aren't real problems. And the army sounds really nice because now my life would HAVE meaning, I could die for my country or I could be part of something
>>
>>17814964

My parents haven't been the most supportive, they don't believe in depression. My dad told me to suck it up cause shit happens. As for a loved one, she left me when it all went to shit, I was probably too emotional and she has the MCATs to study for, we don't talk anymore. But thank you, I will keep focusing on myself, I once read that Einstein's father died before Einstein made all of his achievements, and therefore, died thinking his own son was a loser. I must move forward.
>>
well you've failed at the right time in your life son, now shit goes on and you work to attain the success you want. get the fuck up.
>>
File: tyson_you.jpg (112KB, 1210x800px) Image search: [Google]
tyson_you.jpg
112KB, 1210x800px
Listen pal, everyone's a loser in their own way, contrast to popular belief. Society is under the chokehold of an identity politics ideology that trickles down to every facet of living. If you're not a part of some club, clique, cult, economic bracket,. lifestyle, or genetic pedigree, then chances are you're gonna get called "loser"(which is actually a euphemism for "stop doing what I dont like!!"). And you're going to feel like one as long as you keep comparing yourself to external standards and desperately try to conform yourself to some inane co figuration of a "somebody".

Do what interests you. Stop dwelling on the past, what happened is only a minor setback. Life isn't perfect, people develop depression and schizophrenia and leprosy all the time. Just set yourself some increasing fly ambitious goals and follow through, that's all.
>>
>>17814974
>>17814983
Your life isn't over. You have so much to live for.

Your dad is wrong for saying that. I was relentlessly bullied in my childhood for being fat. I acknowledge that it was my fault for overeating but I had no idea how bad it would affect me in the future. I lost the weight but that didn't really fix anything. On top of that, I have never had a single real friend and I also happen to be closet gay. I don't like being gay so that adds a lot more anxiety and sadness to my life. I know how depression feels. I know the stigma around. I know the feeling of feeling like a loser. I know that feeling in the morning when it's a huge pain in the ass to even get up from bed. I'm sure you'll find another girl in your life. She wasn't the only one and if she truly loved you she would've supported you, not left you.

Try not to worry. Be happy you're alive. It could always be worse. That's something I always tell myself whenever I'm feeling down.

If you wanna talk to me please feel free to do so. You are not alone.
>>
>>17815027
>>17815021

Thanks guys, I guess I'll see where life takes me. I still have no idea on what to do, I haven't truly practiced my academia in a while. It just sucks that I can't count on my closest friends, but I'm glad I can at least talk to you guys, thank you.
>>
>>17815091
You're welcome.

An education doesn't guarantee happiness anyways. There are so many people I know with master's degrees and phds who are miserable and bitter because they never got married, lost their kids, or are widowed. My guidance counselor is almost in her mid fifties and almost started crying when she started telling me that she never had any children.

There are educated people who had their whole lives ruined because they shattered their spine in an accident, or even worse, lost a limb. Imagine how they must feel.

You're in good physical health and intelligent.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.