[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I missed my jury summons today. I live in California. How fucked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (10KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 231x218px
I missed my jury summons today. I live in California. How fucked am I?
>>
Start running for Mexico, if you make it before the wall you'll be in the clear.

Actually there's probably a warrant out for you. It's not really a big deal, it's just a fine, but you'll want to connect the court house immediately so you aren't in a worse situation later on.

Good luck
>>
>>17814741
>warrent

I've literally ignored summons for 10 years, straight into the garbage. The CIA niggers aren't after me yet. In San Diego atleast
>>
>>17814713

Courts have been cracking down on this kind of thing in recent years. There is a chance that nothing will happen but there is also a chance that something will.

Depending on the judge, if you ignore a jury summons they can issue a bench warrant for your arrest, meaning that they aren't sending a team to hunt you down but if you get pulled over or stopped by a cop and they run your name through the system they 100% will take you to jail.

Once you're in jail you'll be charged with contempt of court and you'll have to explain to the judge why you didn't show up for jury duty. Most contempt charges are just mid-sized fine but the inconvenience of being in lockup and having to go through all this bullshit is the real kicker.

Your best bet is calling your local courthouse and fessing up and seeing what you can do about it. The best chance that you'll receive a bench warrant is if you do nothing.

Then again, there's a chance that they won't bother issuing a warrant at all and nothing will happen.

Your call.
>>
If you didn't have to show, you're fine. If you were supposed to show, they will mail you a thing telling you to call or there will be a warrant.
I've forgotten about mine more than I'd like to admit.
>>
>>17814713
Just phone the courthouse. Say you overslept. Volunteer to serve next week or whenever they want.
>>
just go to court lol. thats where you're going anyways if you ever been to jail
>>
>>17814713
Not sure how Calilfornia is about it. In Delaware they will put your ass in jail with PR bond then you pay a 1000 dollar fine plus court costs. It runs around 1300 total.

It's happened to me twice
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.