[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

University

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: math.jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
8KB, 318x159px
/adv/ I need you
this might sound really basic but im having trouble in school
Im a senior in electrical engineering but im trapped in mathematics, I took calc II 3 times before passing with an A, and now im in calc III and I got a 54 on my most recent exam (69 and 70 before that) and need an 81% on the final (30% of grade) to pass but ive never gotten an 80 on any of the other exams and every time I sit down to study either I forget the material an hour later completely or I cant focus for shit and ADHD overtakes me. it feels like the exam is all new material half of the time, like I only saw one side of a coin. Hours and hours of studying are equal to about 30 mins of material, and I cant get it on the exams.
I cant change my major because everything else I REMOTELY find interesting or fun seems like pleb tier work where ill never make anything of myself or find fulfillment.

What do the fine people of /adv/ do to prepare for an exam? overcome focus problems? learn math? I need you senpai
>>
>>17814551
Here's what I do.
>Drink coffee/energy drink of choice
>Abuse your study help thing if you have it. Ask so many questions that the people there will think you're retarded.
>Unplug that computer and toss it somewhere. If you really need to use it, block internet/unnecessary sites
>Learn from a different source
>Get a friend/group to study with
>Look at past exams
>Study concepts, not facts
>Print out shit and tack it up everywhere like a psychopath
>fap/have a smoke/etc.
>eat/drink enough water
>sleep enough
>break up study sessions with SHORT breaks
>reward yourself with small rewards in the short-term, waiting for that big reward in the distance causes procrastination
>>
anon honestly go talk to your professor or ta.
tell him that you're struggling with studying for exams and ask what successful students do to do well. these people are more understanding than you may think.
try to understand the purpose of each concept and do tons of practice exams if you can. not only will this increase your skill, but also decrease testing anxiety.
>>
>>17814633

+1 to this, most important things are:

>Block internet/shit sites
>Study in a group
>Study concepts, not facts
>Sleep enough
>Break up study sessions, I personally do 30 mins study, 5 minutes break

Can't emphasis the importance on concepts > facts enough.
>>
>>17814664
>>17814664
Spoke to him today. I felt 90% of my grade being exams was unfair and I expressed that I felt my knowledge of the material wasnt accurately shown in exams. I told him my study patterns and he referred me to disability services to get more time on exams but that its too late for that to count for this semester, and I dont even think itd do me good. He seemed sympathetic but hes also not the type to give you any less than the hard numbers give. I said I was worried my grades made it appear I didnt try, even though I have been going to office hours since the first month and ask questions frequently. most of my effort goes to this class. Ill add more practice to my regiment
>>
>>17814633
>>17814675
until now ive been doing huge intervals of study and then 30 min breaks, this could be good for ADHD, will try. Def need to block sites, my book and my examples are online. I got a group but the only people in there are failing too and the only one passing left the chat after last exam, I assume he felt we provided nothing. Im going to keep up the group so I can have someone to keep me on track when I do big sessions.
My plan now is to spend sat/sun/mon studying and doing those breaks and taking my only dose of vyvanse on monday because exam is tuesday. or should I do it a different day?
>>
>>17814738
have you spoken with your peers?
It can be embarrassing to ask for help, but from their perspective it feels good to be perceived as someone with expertise. ask how they study, etc. if calc 3 means multivariate calculus, also try to use 3d plotting software to think about the problems in a different way
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.