[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to learn properly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: medicine-universities-germany.jpg (34KB, 421x288px) Image search: [Google]
medicine-universities-germany.jpg
34KB, 421x288px
What's up,

I started studying medicine about 3 months ago.
Some background info: I'm from Germany and I have a degree with an average of 3,2 which is preeeetty shitty, and normally I shouldn't even be studying medicine with that average, but I got pretty lucky (imo) with the test I had to do to qualify to the university. I never really lerned before that and mostly was a lazy shit. Before I started studying I worked about 3 years as paramedic, so I have some practical knowledge in that field.

BUT

I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have to learn. I'm not saying this in a "I didn't know I had to learn much" way, but I kinda have the feeling that the other people in my "class" tend to understand and remember things much better than I do, with fewer work.

I have to say I never really studied for school etc. before, which makes things hard for me. After class I mostly sit and study for 7 hours until 0:00 AM and then go to bed, and I still don't have the feeling I have learned much in that period.

While studying I experience a lack of concentration, and I tend to read things without actually processing WHAT exactly I'm reading. And I'm really trying hard to, but it just won't work properly. Same goes for the classes.

I can say with certain security that I don't have ADHD or some sort of thing that could have an influence on my learning behavior.

Do any of you guys have some tips how to "learn to learn"?

Thank you guys in advance
>>
Just out of curiosity.

How the hell do you get to study medicine with 3,2 average?
Mine is 3,3.
I want to study too..but 8years waiting time is a bit too much for me
How did you do it?
What university?
>>
Also I get what you mean.
But don't worry..I'm pretty sure that most of your class isn't that much better.

I had a friend who was perfect in school.
1.0, 1.1 or 1,2 average she had when she finished school.

She has been disciplined before university and also during university.
she studied hours on end for medicine but threw it after 2 semesters because she couldn't go on anymore.

Maybe it's not really about how good you are but rather how your endurance is like.
I think it's nearly impossible to pass each test.
You might have to repeat some exams several times or postpone them to the next semester.

Also your learning capabilities and memory will improve.
Get a system
Mnemonics or something like that
>>
I'm studying at the Paracelsus Medizinische Privatuniversität. They have a university in Salzburg and one in Nürnberg (not gonna say at which one I am though lol).

Cool thing is they don't look at your grades. Bad thing is you have to do a test to get in.
I'd recommend you take a look at that university. Although they require you to pay a relatively huge amount of money to study there, they have several programs to help you or even take over the costs if you can't afford it. I for example use such a plan, whereas I pay a certain percentage of my future salary back, until I paid it off. (It's a fix percentage, so they can't/won't rip you off, and I've spoken to some people in advance who also told me it's not a ripoff, although you have to pay some interest, of course)
>>
>>17814319
Make it interesting for yourself. Watch a video on what you're learning, for example. Get started early. Work for 40 min, take a 5 to 10 min break, and continue. Most people's attention spans last from 40 min to an hour.
If you like music, try making a song with what you're learning. Talk about the material with classmates. Write on a whiteboard or teach someone after you've learned.

Or just Google how to study. Try reputable sites. Also try buying a study book from a uni or somewhere reliable. I have a college learning and motivation strategies textbook. Don't get anything too dense. Just something to get you started
>>
Oh, Nürnberg? Hello, neighbour.

As always, first thing is to ask for help. Identify the top performer in class and ask them how they did it.

I don't study medicine but usually the whole trick is just to sit and spend time with the material.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.