[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

goodbye neetdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1pvsc9V[1].jpg (44KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1pvsc9V[1].jpg
44KB, 409x409px
35 year old european neet here. unemployed for the past 17 months, living off welfare for the first 9 and off my own savings for the remainder. living with my mom, never had my own place. cancer survivor. got fired from my last job due to enormous internal pressure and the fact i couldn't find any reason to get up in the mornings and arrive on time. huge relief for the first couple months, crippling depression afterwards. felt stuck and unable to do anything or move anywhere with my life, terrorized of making a mistake but also terrorized of feeling unable to make one. terrorized of finding a job but also terrorized about my future. family starts showing concerns and talk secretly about having to maintain me if my mom dies. feel like shit and do nothing but play video games and sit on my ass. don't leave the house for days, put on 15kg. huge fights with my mom about not doing anything with my life and having wasted a year. don't know what the fuck to do.

at one point it feels so bad i just start looking for a job. find a decent offer and apply. fast forward and they're offering me 50% more of what I made in my last position, and want me to start in January. i say yes, half elated and half terrified. the money is enough for me to get my own place and finally be independent, but my current life is a mess of bad habits, insecurities and doubts. even though, somehow, these people saw value in me and offered me this great job. i feel great about that.

what is your advice for someone like me?
>>
>>17814238

28 and NEET here. I know these fears all too well but have dealt with job rejection the past few weeks nonstop. One place I really wanted to work at just gave me the runaround after the third interview and I never heard back. I'm already exhausted from this shit.

As much as I wish I had an upcoming job like you, I know the pressure. All I can say (or what I might possibly do in that scenario) is slowly correct bad habits. Break it into smaller goals to make it easier, maybe week by week since you have time. Wake up a bit earlier each day, go walk, eat healthier, keep mentally active by reading etc. I have two pets and some plants so that responsibility keeps me up and moving most days. Just focus on staying active.
>>
>>17814238
You gotta recognize that you're on rock bottom and work your way up.

For me, it meant with dealing with a job and people that made me feel subhuman for a year. It meant being that outcast, and swallowing all the stress of a barista position in an extremely high volume store. It meant being humiliatingly bad at it for that whole year. And it meant swallowing the anxiety over an unfamiliar situation in order to move on as soon as another opportunity came up.

It might be a trudge, but you gotta do it. It means pain now for less tomorrow, or lying on your ass and making things worse.
>>
>>17814267
thank you. i really need to work on my sleeping habits and become a morning person again. there was a time when i would wake up at 6:30 am, go for a run, come back, shower, eat breakfast, dress up, go to work and arrive 15min early each day. it's funny because everyone on the train had a long face and i was smiling like an idiot, full on endorphins. i really wish to be that person again, i'm just afraid i will fail to put the effort it will take me to get there again. i'll start slow, like you said.
>>
>>17814281
>You gotta recognize that you're on rock bottom and work your way up.
>It means pain now for less tomorrow, or lying on your ass and making things worse.
wise words, anon. i feel like it's time to get my shit together, but also a lot of pressure because this might be my last chance. i learned the hard way that not doing anything is the worst thing i can do to myself, though. so i'll just do it and face the consequences.
>>
>>17814409

No problem and good luck. Don't kick yourself too hard if you stumble a bit. Maybe write goals or daily tasks down on something, a calendar, whiteboard, notes. It's silly but it helps cement the task for me since I hate seeing little sticky notes of things I failed to do.

Just keep it simple. Maybe throw in something to keep you up and motivated for now, a hobby etc. As I said I have pets and plants so I can't laze about since they need care and play. You said you used to run so maybe do this: find a good book, comic, manga etc. and go to the park every day or so. Have a good breakfast, take the book and go. Walk and then on breaks sit and read. Only read it when you're at the park. Soon, if it's a good read, you'll be going to the park a lot, getting active and staying mentally active. You could start jogging again too between reading sessions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.