[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know when it's time to end your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: paint.jpg (29KB, 317x300px) Image search: [Google]
paint.jpg
29KB, 317x300px
I mean that exactly how it's worded
I really want to raise a question on suicide
Not "if I should" or "if I shouldn't"
but "when" would it be appropriate to do it
under what circumstance would it be okay to do it?
surely one exists
is it when you have nothing?
is it when you've failed at everything you've ever tried to do in your entire life?
do you have to be a cripple?
a loser?
have all your kids die or something tragic of that sort to set you off?
a war?

when you have given it your all and you came up short and things really show no sign of improving and you know your best years are behind you, and both objective and subjectively life doesn't seem worth living, is it okay to do it?

what would you deem acceptable criteria for committing suicide if there really was any?
>>
When you do it
>>
>>17812700
what do you mean?
>>
>>17812697
In my opinion there are two conditions:
1. That nobody would be made sad by you dieing. And no, "I have a family but surely they won't miss me" is not an excuse, that's just being a whiny bitch
2. That it's something you've thought trough and came to as a rational conclusion, and not something brought on by a terrible mood you're currently having.
>>
>>17812824
This, and there are people who basically got permission from their doctors to have them end their lives because they had horrible, un-curable diseases. I'm not sure if that's the same thing, however.
>>
>>17812697
Think about this
If everything goes well and smoothly for the rest of your life would it fix all the bad things that happened so far?
If the answer is no then go ahead
>>
>>17812824
>That nobody would be made sad by you dieing
Personally I think it's selfish for other people to expect you to stick around just so they don't grieve. If a person is depressed to the point that suicide is their only option, let them out of their misery.

I think mercy suicide generally encompasses most, for a lack of better wording, 'morally acceptable' suicides. Painful bone cancer? Sure. Depressed to the point where every day is a painful drain? Sure. Some spy trapped behind enemy lines about to be tortured? Sure.

I agree people have responsibility. If you're a father of some kids then your life better be an absolute hell in order to justify inflicting that pain on other people, but I think there is a level of depression that would justify suicide even in those extreme scenarios.
>>
>>17812697
Uncurable terminal illness
Permanently maimed or crippled
Essentially once you've reached the point where things absolutely will not and never will get better.
No, my girlfriend dumped me is not a valid reason.
>>
>>17812872
It IS selfish. But not any more than killing yourself.

In fact suicide is more selfish because it stops just one person feeling shitty at the expense of everyone close to him feeling shitty.
>>
>be me
>be last night
> depressed.png
> gonna commit suicide
> take 50 pills
>get sick as fuck, gf takes me to er against will
>fml
>now I feel fine, wanna go home
>cops wont let me leave my er room
>24/7 lockdown

What do I do to escape guys
>>
>>17813182
Good thing no one is close to me
>>
>>17812697

I'm not a proponent of anyone ending your life. I also don't believe in an afterlife either so consider that bias in my advice.

You being alive is the single luckiest thing that has and will ever happen to you as a life form. So from my point of view you would have to reach a moment that somehow completely invalidates all the luck you sucked out of the cosmos to be alive right now. If you feel that you have reached that moment and achieved some sort of balance that negates going forward, then enjoy the ride?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.