[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: large.gif (183KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
183KB, 450x350px
How do you chose a career?
What websites are the best to look at for salary information and amount of years in college needed?
>>
>>17812367
>How do you chose a career?

What do you like? Find a good balance b/w what you enjoy and Salary/employment. As far as sites go, BLS. Do random research.

If you have no interests, try online courses/resources for free, buy used texts books online and read them. Take your time. Take some introductory classes to finalize your decision and stick with it.
>>
>>17812409
I like creating thing that involve elections and hardware. I thought electrical engineering is a good option, but I'm researching for other career's that be interesting .
>>
>>17812461
>electrons (?) and hardware

Then EE. CE is also an option, but is simply a subset of EE. I'd say EE is overall better. BLS may say 0% job growth, but many EEs are old and need to be replaced, so job prospects are only going to get better. You better like math though.
>>
>>17812367
sokanu.com
>>
>How do you chose a career?
Dumb luck.
Its very rare that people choose a career and immediately like it.
>>
>>17812488
Yea, spelled it wrong.
How big is math in it? Extremely used skill?
>>
>>17812521
>How big is math in it?

For engineering, probably the one that uses the most. As far as I know, computers will probably doing computations for you on the job anyways, but you obviously need to get through tons of math and work to get the actual degree, similar to most Eng degrees. Calculus should be the least of your worries. You can always ask /sci/ about it, or just look at Uni program plans for EE degrees.

You don't necessarily need to LOVE math. Just be prepared to be surrounded by it and understand it. That's why I rec buying math texts online and just practicing on your own to become more interested.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.