[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here move far away from family? my family supports my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: pusheen.gif (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pusheen.gif
33KB, 300x300px
anyone here move far away from family? my family supports my education and life choices, but when I suggest I want to move several thousand miles away they seem forlorn. they then subtly suggest at other times that I stay and work near them.

how did your family react to you moving far away?
>>
Nope
>>
>>17812206

mom wasnt happy. she tried to convince me to stay an extra few months but the household had become miserable so i was gonna gtfo of there.

dad did not care less as long as i wasnt asking for help.
>>
dude stay with your family. Sounds like they would miss you if you went away.
>>
I haven't done it yet, but I mean, if you have an even remotely good relationship with your parents of course they're gonna be bummed that they won't be able to see you often.

Like I went away to school just a 2 hours drive, my mom was sad enough about that (I'm the youngest though, so I think it hit her harder for me than it did when my sister left. Good news is my sister graduated and is living at home again full time while job searching so she basically just swapped kids out of the house lol)
I told her I plan to get out of the country however I can as soon as I graduate. Frankly, I hate it here. Place is a shit hole, and I know everywhere else is a shit hole too but at least it'll be a new shit hole. She's sad, of course, because being halfway across the world is of course an even larger pill to swallow than being on the other side of the country or something, but I know she'll get over it. Retirements coming up for my parents within the decade so I know she'll be distracted with traveling and junk anyway.

I'm sad to leave my parents too. I mean, it's gonna be rough knowing that if I'm in shit and need help or advice they're not an easy day trip away. But gotta do whats best for you in the end. It's ok for them to feel that way, and it's ok for you to feel that way too.
>>
>>17812248
Sort of in the same boat, although I just want to move to the other side of the country (US)

I'm not too happy with my area, but it is obviously not a shit hole, just a depressing place I don't fit in. Makes me agitated and moody sometimes that manifests itself in being really brief when talking to my parents. Maybe if I move away I will appreciate and talk to them more over text and skype. Right now though, I don't like the area, and I'm sort of indirectly taking it out on them by being sad when I talk to them. I also feel guilty moving far away because they have provided me with so much support, like they invest so much in helping a kid that just moves away from them.
>>
Talk to your family. They are grown-ass people who have made way more serious decisions in their lifetimes than you can even imagine.

If they tell you to go and you think they feel sad - just go, they know it is for the better and they love you very much.
>>
>>17812206
Of course they will feel saddened by the fact they won't get to see you as much. They may also be concerned about how you'll manage without them around for support.

You can't overcome this completely but you can help to address their concerns by explaining your plan in more detail and setting up a good system for staying in touch.
>>
when i was 18 i moved to a country that was a 2 hour flight away for further studies. i convinced my mum to pay for me while i do that because i had 0 future in the country we were in. she just said okay if that's what you want to do i guess. she didn't seem interested.

then after 3 years there i was back in the same country for a year, and then i moved to another country to live and work. 7 hour flight away.

she seemed kind of like yeah okay, good luck. and i didn't get any help from her. i stayed with an aunt in the new country while i looked for a job. found a job. moved out. now i am financially independent, renting an apartment with a friend.

the thing is.. i'm not close to my family. i hate some of them. i wanted to get away from my mum. she's been emotionally abusive, and "knows" me at such a superficial level it sickens me when she claims to know anything about me. she has literally never asked about any of my interests to know anything about me.

the family members that were most involved in my life (i.e. i saw them a lot) were my mum, an uncle, a grandma, and one of my sisters (other sister was on other side of the world). uncle had nothing to say about it, he does his own thing. grandma is literally insane, didn't notice i left. sister misses me, and is jealous (she's tied down with 6 kids and a husband who has no job). my mum says she misses me but i think she misses showing me off to her friends or dragging me to social events i have no interest in. she misses having someone around, not me.

on average, nobody gave a shit. not that anything they said would have stopped me. i was leaving either way.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.