[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Online Relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Y_sad-broken-heart.png (63KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
Y_sad-broken-heart.png
63KB, 300x248px
opinion on online relationships? i got myself into one and not sure how it's going to work out.
>>
>>17811592
You'll get an overwhelming amount of responses along the lines of "online relationships aren't real relationships" "it's a waste of time" "how can you love someone when you aren't dating them in person" etc etc. Yes, if you're far away from them, it can be really fucking difficult. But it can work, and it has for many people. Just remember...

-Communication. Talk as often as possible, but don't suffocate each other.
-Visit as much as you can.
-Have an end date. This is critical. If you don't have any sort of plans to close distance between you two and have a real relationship, it's not going to work.
>>
>>17811618

>have an end date

this is the most important thing anon. otherwise all you're doing is role playing that you're in a relationship.

and even then its no guarantee. you could meet irl and find that its just not as nice as it seemed online.

one thing you have to ask is what makes this person special? are they actually special to you, or was dating someone online your literal only option?

you know its real when you turned down someone IRL because soemone online meant more. in that order though, not turning down soemone IRL because someone online was technically ur gf.

big dif.
>>
Had one. If the girl hadn't been all sorts of crazy it wouldn't have been worthwhile. I'm talking 5-7 split personalities. Was fun.
>>
As previous anons said. Have an end date. I had one relationship with a girl from the other side of the globe. We cared deeply for each other and loved each other but it was doomed to fail, and in the end it did. We remained very close friends though. Had another one with a girl living across the country, but we would meet after two years because I would move to her city for college. It failed as well, this time because of communication issues. If you really really care, enough that you can commit to waiting for the time when you'll stop being long distance, it might work. But you have to have St least an approximation of when it's going to happen.
>>
>>17811618
>>17811627
I'm not the OP, but I semi-relate to his story. Never thought I'd find actual intelligent and helpful answers on /b/.

GG anons
>>
my first relationship was online. we were pretty much just kids. we talked all the time, played vidya all the time together. she was in a different country (2 hour flight), and i got to meet her once, just out of pure luck (mum was going there for business, she asked if i wanted to go too). we hung out for a couple of days. she was my first kiss.

she was depressed as fuck though. when i left, she would only ever be upset that i left. she couldn't be happy that we met at all, she was just sad and angry all the time because i had to leave. it was too much for me to handle. i ended up breaking up with her. we were 'friends' for a little while after that. a couple of weeks.

then she stopped going online. i didn't see her come online for a year. i thought she was dead, she used to cut, had said that she wouldn't know what to do w/o me, etc. i spent a year hating myself and trying to completely forget her because i thought she killed herself because of me

then a mutual friend, that i had completely forgotten because of my attempts to forget her entirely (which sorta worked) talked to me again. he brought her up, and i asked if she was okay because i thought she was dead. she was alive, but still sad. a year later and she still talked about me sometimes.

so.. my opinion? i hate them. you feel horrible all the time because you can't show this person how much you love them, even though you are talking all the time. you can end up feeling guilty for any time you spend away from your computer/phone. we were "together" for 1 year.

>>17811648
>/b/
bruh this ain't /b/

but like the others have said. i think an end date would be super helpful. we were kids, so we couldn't have an end date because we didn't have control over decisions like that at the time. when i say kids i mean 15-16.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.