[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aimless future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: damnimgood.jpg (275KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
damnimgood.jpg
275KB, 500x667px
I recently turned 24 and also just quit my pizza delivery job a few days ago. It wasn't the worst job in the world and I enjoyed it at times but I mostly hated it like every other job I've had. I had a few reasons for quitting but mainly just hate working for someone else, not having the freedom to create my own schedule, and having a boss. I still live with my mom (and my girlfriend), and feel pretty helpless/hopeless about my future. I've quit a lot of jobs over the years and dropped out of community college a while ago too. I wanted to get into IT and realized after quitting my last job I still want to, but I'm not very skilled. I don't know how to code or even have the patience for it and wouldn't want to help people fix their computers over the phone or some boring shit like that. Am I doomed to be a wageslave the rest of my life or is there a way to become self-employed or get into a career I enjoy before it's too late?
>>
We're all wageslaves so just get over it. Unless you inherit daddy's wealth or hit the lottery, you're going to have to work and just about every job has shitty parts to it.

The sooner you get on a career track, the better off you will be.
>>
>>17811052
I understand that, but no matter how much I try nothing seems to work out. Staying in a job that makes me want to kill myself 24/7 seems counterproductive, I would rather make money my way then "just get over it"
>>
1) figure out what field you actually enjoy
2) if you want to start your own business, instead of inventing a whole new idea, pick a pretty common one and improve it, your fail rate will decrease dramatically
3) keep a business only journal to track your progress, log ideas, reflect on obstacles, and read back for motivation and a reminder of what you are looking for
>>
>>17811072
Well then start making money, idk what to tell you. You know what you wanna go for. You live at home so you don't have the "gotta pay my mortgage and feed my kids" excuse. Just do it.

Not like it can be any worse than working at a job you hate, so might as well give it a shot.
>>
>>17811093
Solid advice, thank you. I would like to start some kind of computer repair business but I'm just not sure I would succeed competing with places like Geek Squad or some other established local company. Guess I'll never know if I don't try though.
>>
>>17811094
Yeah, I am grateful I dont really have to pay bills at the moment or have too many attachments. Just doing it is easier said than done, at least for me. I'm not the most motivated person.
>>
>>17811124
Doesn't really matter if you succeed honestly. You should just do it because that's what you wanna do, and then you'll succeed anyway. At least that has been my experience.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.