[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop having feelings for someone unavailable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (112KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 700x560px
i was so certain that this girl at my uni was totally as into me as i was into her. I really never felt this connected so someone since my ex whom I dated for 3 years. we talked alot and had dinner together, then when i told her how i felt she was nice about it but said she had a bf (idk if hes here or back in her country).

The thing is, I still wanna be friends with her. She's really cool and fun to be with, one of the reasons I wasn't gonna do it initially was I didn't want to lose her as a friend if it ended badly (like how it ended with my last ex). But I don't want to keep having feelings for her In a romantic way.

Is it possible for me to just make this go away and stop looking at her like this way? Is this a good idea? I don't want to just lose her as a friend or look petty, but I'm just lost because I've never been in a situation before like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 203x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 203x196px
>>17810875
Please. I don't have much time left
>>
>>17811050

How can we tell you about your feelings?

You know she is not available. So try to make that click in your head. Sorry, but that's all we can offer. You know howcyou think better than us.
>>
>i told her how i felt
what exactly did you say?
>>
>>17811075

He didn't ask about his feelings for her.

He asked if he should stay friends with her because he likes her company or drop her as a friend because he likes her and she doesn't.

Idk what to tell you OP. I wanna know what other anons think.
>>
>>17811189
I asked her out and said I liked her

I didn't drop the L word or went on some giant thing, I know better. But I did let her know of my intentions, and I may have fucked up by using the word "gorgeous"
>>
>>17811203
ok that's fine
you can be friends if that's what you want, but you might develop stronger feelings and then it might be tough to be friends, or your feelings might go away entirely
>>
>>17810875
Yeah, most of the time this kind of thing isn't working out. If you're not sure about yourself, you better drop this.
>>
>>17810875
>Is it possible for me to just make this go away and stop looking at her like this way? Is this a good idea? I don't want to just lose her as a friend or look petty, but I'm just lost because I've never been in a situation before like this.

I think the only reliable method here is to go out and find another romantic interest, thus automatically 'pushing out' the old one. It's not easy, obviously.

I can relate though, I've expressed my romantic feelings towards my crush, got rejected - we're still cool, so that worked out nice, despite me obviously still harboring those feelings. However, should she actually find a guy, I'll probably go full miserable if I have to see them together. Let's see..
>>
>>17810875
Honestly bro I make it go away by severing most of my contact with the unavailable person and going to talk to more women. Even if it's meaningless, seeing a woman smile and interact with me makes me feel better, and takes my mind off the last one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.