[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me. I work full time in a small office with a clique of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 8dvdvy9[1].jpg (77KB, 596x640px) Image search: [Google]
8dvdvy9[1].jpg
77KB, 596x640px
Help me. I work full time in a small office with a clique of lazy and entitled people who have no work ethic whatsoever and they refuse to do work which falls directly in my lap. When the new kids first came onto my shift we were chummy for the most part but I started to see that things weren't as they seemed when they would all sneak off to lunch together and bring back food without asking me if I'd like any, or otherwise attempting to include me. This was after I had paid big bucks for pizza parties for all of us and doing the ordering and pickup myself. So now not only are these douchebags acting like I'm their mom that won't let them go to the party on a school night, they stopped doing their share of work which has all fallen in my lap. I got the clue and stopped sitting with them because I figured they didn't want me to sit with them, and that made their attitudes far, far worse and now they are all becoming completely intolerable. I have to keep this job because there aren't many where I live, and this is one of the highest paying ones here. My boss is completely incompetent and useless so he's not going to help things. The bosses are totally and completely neutered where I work because HR is a fire-happy nightmare. What would you do? This is killing my already crippling social anxiety. I am open to murder and destruction.
>>
>>17809966
Just don't do their jobs

Work at your own pace. If things don't get done on time they're not firing the person who does their job?

Join a gym and start lifting.

Stop being a bitch, they were never your friends. Move on only deal with them professionally. Document it if they harass you about doing their work.

Don't say no or don't be rude just brush things off like 'yeah I'll get around to it' or 'Just a second man'

Then keep doing what you were doing.
>>
>>17809966
what if you refuse to do the extra work thats clearly too much for you to handle?
>>
>>17809966
>>17809986
Just pretty much what they're doing

Even if they're right in front of you don't give them your full attention. You're your own head honcho.
>>
>>17809966
Keep your head down and do your job. Make sure the higher-ups always know what was your responsibility and what wasn't. When you have to do someone else's work in order to be able to do your own, make sure the higher-ups know that. When your work suffers because the others haven't provided you with what was necessary, make sure the higher-ups know that.
>>
There are naturally cunning and selfish people out there who won't stop to take any opportunity they can to blacklist you if it means they can get away with it and suffer no repercussions.

Paying for pizza parties without expecting something in return made you look like an easy target instead of a legitimately nice person in their eyes, that should have been your first giveaway that these people aren't going to play friendly with you.

Doing their work is also a total no-go zome, you should realise that they are atually depending on you if you're doing work for them. Lie to them and say you aren't going to be able to help them out when they need it, feign responsibility because of pre-existing obligations, its exactly the same thing theyre doing to you when they go out for food and happen to not tell ou about it, do you think they'll admit they don't want to eat with you if you ever brought up the fact they don't ask you out to lunch? No, they'd lie and say of course you can come with a smile on their faces.

What would I do? Consider my work place a battlefield and I am looking after my own ass, try to befriend people higher up who haven't come across a good hearted worker and convince them that you are worth promoting to a position away from those assholes.

If youre willing to do work for pieces of shit then you should be willing to do work when it might get you somewhere, otherwise youre just going to insult your own confidence.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.