[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: red-fox-20.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
red-fox-20.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
Is depression a meme? I looked up the symptoms and most of them fit me to some extent, but it feels like its the same thing as reading horoscopes, as if its too broad to be accurate on an individual level. How do you draw the line between being a sad person in general and being actually depressed? How do i even talk to someone irl about this? Im not really someone that gets taken seriously because when Im around people I like I dont seem depressed or even unhappy, even when I drop hints on purpose, people think I'm joking.
So basically I have no motivation, goals, or passion in life anymore (i used to love wathcing and making movies). Religion is a sham and I've never been attracted to women so that's off the table. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, I can't concentrate on anything, I don't get hungry, I have fewer and fewer friends by the month, and I am pretty restless.
I know other people here have the same problems, so come out and talk..pls
>>
>>17809611
I feel ya. I think I probably got schizoid though.

But yeah, all those mental disorders are a meme. They exist because society creates a baseline of what normal behavior is and when some people deviate from that normal behavior they are labeled as "sick".
>>
People tell me to go to a psychologist but why do that when ending my life is much easier
>>
>>17809620
>ending my life is much easier
I remember when they told me that suicide was never the answer. But now I'm pretty sure that's a globalist meme so that they can one day use me for slave labor. Suicide feels like it is the only option at this point.
>>
>>17809618
so you think chemical imbalances in the brain don't exist or are not important or what?
>>17809620
lol
>>
My depression is recuring and intermittent like all of a sudden, life is ok good things happening, then boom deppressed as fuck for no reason just like drenched in sadness, blood flows black that bs. So like when shit hots the fan its hard to stay like happy or normal, also was alpha angry kid got in trouble, turned anger to sadness, sobwjem i get really pissed at people i kindof just stop talking and dont smile. Instead of beat the living crap out of people, it gets all bottled up, and im sure it will eventually kill me
>>
>>17809626
Most of those things are not done with lab results they are done by a psychiatrist. A psychiatrists diagnosis is not based in science it is based in bull shit snake oil type theories. They are self labeled experts who think they can tell you what is normal.
>>
File: 1477102542894.png (142KB, 360x332px) Image search: [Google]
1477102542894.png
142KB, 360x332px
>>17809640
but what about anti-depressants? do they actually work for people or do they just think it works while things dont happen?
>>
>>17809656
I have never personally taken them. But people that I know who have taken them and the things I have read about them is they sound like bullshit. People want an easy solution to their problem and drugs are an easy sell. There are many different drugs and they seem to work on a case by case basis.They probably work a little bit but most of it is going to have to come from you.
>>
>>17809658
why is nothing easy
>>
>>17809680
Because god is a Jew and he hates you
>>
>>17809658
>I have never personally taken them.
>I have read about them is they sound like bullshit

You are a fucking retard who just admitted you doesn't actually know what you are talking about.
>>
>>17809656
>>17809658
As someone who has just started taking antidepressants I have to say they do work (for me at least). I'm feeling a bit more upbeat and I haven't experienced so many suicidal lows, and those that do come are muted and quickly passed. I can already see them for what they are though, a band-aid that will do nothing to fix the underlying problems which caused my depression. They will not make me more confident, they will not give me self-esteem, they will not make my life feel fulfilled, but hopefully I can use them as a springboard to bounce up into a state of mind where I can begin to work on these issues.
>>
>>17809701
>I can already see them for what they are though, a band-aid that will do nothing to fix the underlying problems which caused my depression.

That's a good way of phrasing it. They won't fix the problem but they can help.
>>
>>17809701
is it true that they take 2 weeks to actually start working?
>>
>>17810798
Yes. 2 weeks.
>>
Anyone here manic depressive?
>>
>>17810798
>>17810826
it isn't a hard and fast 2 week rule.. it can take up to 4 weeks, depending on the individual and the drug.

and that's if they work for you at all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.