[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mujer.jpg (12KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
mujer.jpg
12KB, 400x263px
I'm wondering if I have some mental illness I haven't heard of. I can't connect to anyone in a meaningful way and can't even recognize people. I know formally who they are, for instance my mother or sister but it is like someone installed those memories in me. It happens with everyone I meet after I get to know them, Of course, one part can be that I lack that excitement that I had at the beginning but it is much more extreme. It is like I don't have the feeling of presence of that particular person but just know formally I know him or her. I can't recognize even best friends after a breaking point when they lose their newness. It reminds of friends seeing each other after years and discover they are grown apart but it happens after a week with me. It isn't even a best friend vs a casual friend, but more like a friend vs the person I've never seen before but whose name and face I know.
Maybe it is the same with everyone? But if I ask them if they recognize me, they do. I don't. It can even happen after a disagreement where I see a person from the other side and lose all connection. I've never had friends with whom I have lived through those times and felt at least some connection again. I simply can't see them, only what they look like.
I am probably slightly autistic which causes all kinds of problems in practical communication, for instance meeting people, I never understand if they invite me somewhere or just say it because of politeness. When I was younger I went to meet people when they didn't invite me and vice versa but even now some invitations are hard to understand. Another problem is practical issues at home or with stuff. I keep my opinion on a person inherently different from what they do physically, for instance, if they don't clean, always eat my food, etc. One is emotional, one practical. Therefore it is almost impossible for me to understand which of my physical behaviour annoys anyone because I'm not annoyed by theirs.
>>
>>17809521
Their emotional response (which is usually just very subtle or passive aggressive) triggers my emotional response and I'm starting to search problems in my social side. If I was mean to them, rude, didn't listen their problems, talked too much, ignored them and so on. Sometimes problems turn out to be very trivial, like I never noticed to buy toilet paper or create too much mess visiting them. On emotional level I can't understand that kind of response. If a friend stole something from me or broke my computer, it doesn't change how I feel at all. Only social/emotional aspects do. If they never wash dishes or shit the toilet door open, I might not like it but it doesn't do anything emotionally. I can also have long arguments about politics, science, work or school without our relationship changing, even if my opponent is for instance, racist or sexist. My opinion on them as a person relies completely on how they are emotionally at that moment.
But then again, totally random smile, lack of it or just their changed behaviour because of something completely random can change instantly if I see them as friends. Or just time, not seeing each other for few weeks, finding other friends and so on. Like I'm drained of all emotions I had for them.
I even can't say I had them before, it was probably excitement who that person is. But I can't see it.
Otherwise, I don't think I have lack of empathy, I react strongly to movies, people's faces, also care about social issues, animals, can't watch someone tortured or bullied. I have high sense of fairness but it doesn't matter who the person is for me. Although it is universal, it also depends how the pain is portrayed. Sad music, expressive face and so on. I doubt I'm a sociopath for that reason.
I feel that I don't have any past or future, all the memories are installed in me like I am a robot.
>>
>>17809564
At the same time I am very depressed and have been since childhood, part of it is because of my autistic tendencies which cause conflicts but not all. I had always that natural state of sadness even in normal situations, like going to an excursion on a bus or just having a break at school. I never felt comfortable anywhere, was afraid to be in the same car with my family, was so aware and a little bit scared talking to anyone, just because they were around. My parents, friends, classmates. Even when we got along and even those who had never done anything bad.
I think then I just wanted to have friends and because I rarely did, I couldn't even recognize I can't connect to them. I've never picked anyone, just talked to those who talked to me. Being int he same room and not feeling like I have a birthday and they are my guest and I have to entertain them has never happened to me. Like in movies where they just are casually around others but do their own thing. Either I am socially turned on or totally out, don't even react when someone asks something.

The last part should just explain my situation, that I'm rather emotional, not otherwise cold, don't lack empathy but just can't feel the connection of presence of a particular person any more. I've never been friends (where I recognize them) with someone over few months if even that.
>>
>>17809564
just to clarify, I can't almost recognize faces and don't know who people are after meeting them a few times. All male actor look the same becuase they have similar haircut and -color. It took me 3 years to separate between all the boys in my class because they all had the same clothing style and haircut. Comparing Facebook pictures is very helpful nowadays but even then I can't really see how the person in one photo is the same as in another.
I can't also recognize facial expressions well but if I do (often accompanied by sad music or story) I am very compassionate. However, I find pictures of strong facial expression ugly sometimes. Like people laughing on their fb profile photo, it makes their teeth big. Fake Hollywood smile, it distorts their face and makes them uglier. I would never put up a photo where I smile teeth open because I find it so ugly like it is distorted. It makes my lower part of face bigger and eyes smaller. I can't even see the emotions that others can, just ugly.
>>
sounds like you might have a legit memory disorder or something dude.
>>
>>17809521
Generalized anxiety disorder.
I need to go back to therapy myself.
It is lonely. I understand you.
>>
>>17809600
I don't think it is about memory. I remember social events better than most, probably because I haven't had so many of them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.