[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overemotional girlfriend quit her job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1466655344295.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1466655344295.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I'm getting out of the military on December 16th, I've been in for 5 years (18 to 23) and whilst I have another job lined up, it'll be terrible pay for the first year because I'll be finishing my trade so i'll be an apprentice for that time, now for the pay we're talking $1360 a fortnight when I pay $1060 in rent a fortnight and thats forgetting bills ($200 a month for internet and electricity).

Now this would be fine because my girlfriend is employed and we were going to tough it out until I was put on proper pay.

Except this happened today. She's overly sensitive and emotional and prone to big outbursts, she's never displayed that at work and she's gotten much better since we've been together at home, but basically she got riled up by something her boss had said to her today. Without listening to a word I was saying or any kind of reason, she walked into the office and put her resignation in. She's got two weeks left and then she's unemployed.

So now we're going to be flat broke, as I just put down all my savings on a new car in preperation for the new job, to carry tools and the works, etc and I'd also planned a month trip as a bit of a celebration for leaving the military.

I'm not sure what to do. Except she's a fucking idiot. Now I've got to cancel the trip and begin work straight away, and I'm going to be surviving on maybe $60 a fortnight with rent and bills.

Any tips, anything? I feel im stuck in a corner now.
>>
Tell her to march her happy ass back in there tomorrow morning and apologize profusely and beg for her fucking job back.

She fucked things. Could you get by and make things work? Yes. Is you cleaning up the fuckhuge mess she's made going to set a precedent that will slowly drive you to misery?

Be understanding. Be incredibly supportive. Show compassion. But she needs to fix this, not you.
>>
>>17809160
What the flying fuck?
You're out of the military now so that gives her a free pass to lose her fucking shit like a fucking baby and expect you to pick up the slack?

What the fuck?

Man, I would NOT let that fly. Tell her to walk her ass back in there, apologize to her boss and work her ass off.
If she hates it so much that bitch can look for a new job.

That is unacceptable. Does she think you're a fucking millionaire?
>>
>>17809352
Don't pussy foot around, she's going to get used to not having to pull her weight financially - who knows where else?

Will she one day lose her shit because doing the dishes is toooooo harddddddddd?
>>
>>17809408
breathe m8

a degree of pussyfooting is needed when dealing with a pussy

>overemotional girlfriend
If he goes at her full blast she'd be paralysed into inaction. That's if he gets lucky. If unlucky, it's a sobbing hyperventilating meltdown wherein she simultaneously lashes out at him for "being so mean" to her and gets caught up hating herself for sucking at life so much.

If he handles this all himself, she won't think twice before potentially fucking up a second time. Or a third. Or a tenth.

If he demands she unfuck her mess and goes drill sargeant mode, he gets to handle it all himself with the added bonus of having to also now handle her freakout, as well as good luck ever getting her to even TRY again much in the future.

Hence make it clear that she's expected to clean up her own mess and be supportive while she does it.

Then you praise the fuck out of her afterwards for positive reinforcement.
>>
>>17809160
>She's got two weeks left to look for another job
fixed
>>
>>17809566
Yeh, true.
I'm too harsh with a lot of people.
Joys of being a male.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.