[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I say on the phone? I am autistic, phone conversations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: infowars.jpg (231KB, 981x1222px) Image search: [Google]
infowars.jpg
231KB, 981x1222px
What do I say on the phone? I am autistic, phone conversations are very difficult.
>>
In what context?

There are about 1000 different answers for "What do I say on the phone?"

>autistic
Indeed.
>>
>>17808146
saying hi to granpda
>>
>>17808164

>hey grandpa, hows it going?
>im doing good. were doing XX at work/school
>in my spare time ive been doing YY
>what have you been up to
>how is ZZ (wherein ZZ is something your father is known for)
>you should come over for dinner sometime / come to visit ya, it was a lot of fun last time when XX happened.
>alright, fuck you too grandpa, you smell bad byee
>>
>>17808131
write down possible questions and come up with answers before the calls. if you're really anxious you can just draw a big diagram.

pick out some interesting stories from the news and talk about them like "oooh, have you heard about xy, so shocking right?"

remember to use typical phrases at the beginning and ending: how are you, how is xy, have you done xy already, how was xy
good luck with xy, let's talk again next week, thanks for calling
>>
>>17808183
>>17808206
anything else I can say?
>>
>>17808259
in general or in a specific situation?
>>
>>17808277
Specifically like when there's silence, I struggle being sociable and other see it as awkward.

E.G. with my dad, I began studying politics because he likes politics so we have stuff to discuss since I am not good at chatting.
>>
>>17808301
>>Specifically like when there's silence,
>alright it's been nice catching up with you, gotta go finish X. see you later man
>>
>>17808301
I just created an email saying
"Thanks you too, it's nice to visit after years

feliz navidad soon, stay safe!"
>>
>>17808301
come up with 2~3 good topics before. news, personal events, questions you can ask relating to whatever the person told you about last time.

how is your family, your job, have you visited xy yet, did you watch xy, i just read this book called xy, there is this event in town, have you talked to xy how is s/he, can you greet xy from me

if you want to end a call as quickly as possible you can say your battery is low and you have to end it soon.
>>
>>17808301
You're like your dad.
>>
>>17808131
Usually people talk about their latest bowel movements and sometimes what they ate.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.