[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not being payed my money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Hi /adv/
So I work part time as a cashier and I just got my pay. I found out that there are 2 hours pay missing.
I know why, it's because my boss doesn't pay us for the last 15 minutes when we close the shop and also because she has not given me pay for some times where I didn't take a break. She is not allowed to do any of those things but no one dares to confront her about the 15 minutes thing.
Should I talk with my boss or just let it go? I mean it's only 2 hours so idk if it's worth a confrontation
>>
>>17807430
That is very illegal. Sue.
>>
>>17807432
Thank you for your advice, Sue, but are you sure?
>>
>>17807430
I will guess from your pic that you are in the UK, and that your pay is about £7.50/hour.

If someone you know picked your pocket and stole £15, would you be inclined to just let it go?
>>
>>17807430

Thousands of people worked at Sports direct and it took them years to get the bare minimum they were legally entitled to. You alone will not beat your Tesco manager.
>>
>>17807433
Sue in a year when we're talking houndreds of hours, plus interest.

For now, ask your supervisor about missing pay, there won't be any "honest mistake, we didn't know, you're a dick for suing"
>>
>>17807432
1999 called, it wanted you to know that litigation takes time and money that most people don't have, and that will grossly exceed the $16 he'd have made for those 2 fucking hours.

Assuming this is US, what you actually need to do is talk to your boss directly and calmly prior to shift or after shift, when she cannot claim to be busy and blow you off. Ask for this to be rectified and explain that if you are "off the clock" (not being paid) at the end of the day, then that means you should not be working, and instead leaving. Do not curse, argue, or essentially do anything that could get you terminated on a normal basis, this is important to cover yourself if and when this moves forward. Once you've done this, if the issue is not rectified, speak directly with your overhead supervisor, whether that be your GM, DM, VP, etc. Explain exactly what's going on and that you expect to be paid for time spent working. Do not make yourself look like an idiot by threatening to sue or boycott work or some dumb shit, simply state the facts and ask for it to be fixed. While this is going on and afterwards if it is fixed, you need to make sure you are the model employee, because your boss can find anything to terminate you for and probably will. Writeups prevent you from filing for unemployment if someone gets hot and pushes you out the door, because they're going to claim your an idiot who deserved to be fired and 9 times out of 10 the business will win hands down easily. You also need to either start manually recording your timesheets to the exact minute based on the company clock, or ask for printouts on a daily/weekly basis for your records. Typically you can't be denied the latter, but some companies do have a policy against it which you can't fight as an employee unless you are actively pursuing litigation and you have a lawyer to do it for you.

t. General Manager in VA for the last 7 years.
>>
>>17807447
>>17807439

If that's the case my advice is probably going to be a wash, I know your labor laws and unemployment work in a completely different manner than over here so our proper method of fighting it probably won't work. Keeping manual timesheet records starting ASAP still can't do anything but help your case in the long run though.
>>
>>17807439
No not UK another European cunt. Yeah when you put it that way.. I should have had 50 dollars for those two hours.
I think I will just tell her I think I found a mistake and see what she says.
A co-worker of mine confronted her about those last 15 minutes and my boss' response was ''but it doesn't matter, it's just 15 minutes!''. Ofc it's not much but in the length it's much money
>>
>>17807447
>Ask for this to be rectified and explain that if you are "off the clock" (not being paid) at the end of the day, then that means you should not be working, and instead leaving.
The thing is I'm not allowed to leave at 9 because we have to be two when we leave the shop - and the other worker gets payed to 9:15. I'm also supposed to be there until 9:15 but on the schedule it says until 09:00. She put it like that for the younger workers because they aren't allowed to work after 9 on weekdays.
But thanks
>>
>>17807460
I think what I'm gonna do is to ask her about the money that I need. If she gets angry or makes some stupid apology and won't give me my money I'll do an anonymous review on her to those higher in the system. She did some other things too.
I started keeping a record of my shifts and that's how i noticed, the first time i kept a record, that I needed pay for two hours.
>>
>>17807447
What happened in 1999?

I am but a wee millenial
>>
>>17807480
>younger workers because they aren't allowed to work after 9 on weekdays.
Well that's TWO LAWS THEY ARE BREAKING.

They either have to pay you or give you the time off. No need for an attorney - go to Dept of Labor who will fine them up the ass for breaking the law and make sure you get your money.
>>
>>17807472
>european cunt

Americunt, why'd you use Tesco for the image then?
>>
>>17807699
random pic of a supermarket
>>
>>17807699

What an idiot. Wasting our time typing out how to do this.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunals/when-you-can-claim

Write to HR and ask for your money from payroll. They refuse write to HR to provide the hours you have working. They send your normal hours. You determine whether they sent you hours clocked or just your schedule based on if they have your lates etc... Now you go from there arguing the toss.

Eventually you ask whether you work hours on the schedule or hours offered by a manager with 0 notice. Get it in writing to work hours scheduled and start leaving on the dot from then on. Like on the dot you deliberately ignore anything out that bitches mouth after the dot, you don't tidy up and just leave.

When you get put into a disciplinary you provide the letter from HR and then make a complaint about your manager.

As you get older you'll learn how to manage your shit. Maybe you're like me and you'd argue the toss over this to the point where they send up the head of HR 200 miles to face you in an employment tribunal and you wipe the floor with her and cost the company 2k in fees/expensive/time to defending a few quid and have the court compel a signed apology. (It was a few thousand but since they never apologised, or sorted out the extra hours I made them). Satisfying but completely worthless in the greater scheme of things.
>>
>>17807827
>>17807472
I'm not from the UK. Wanted to hear opinions on whether or not I should confront her for a small amount of money like this but have decided that I will talk with her
I could easily erase the problem if I call the higher powers in my company but I don't want to get her fired either
>>
Ask your boss to adjust your pay and provide evidence ie online schedule or pay stub. Don't just ask to adjust your hours because they won't adjust the pay.
>>
>>17807430
Assuming this is Tesco you're talking about, they're sort of cunts when it comes to paying, I've also had problems with them i.e. being paid different quantities from one month to another having worked the exact same hours.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.