[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I weasel my way into rich peoples' social circles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1341.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1341.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
How do I weasel my way into rich peoples' social circles?
>>
File: disregard_females.jpg (70KB, 440x578px) Image search: [Google]
disregard_females.jpg
70KB, 440x578px
>>17807388
You need money or need to kiss a fuck-ton of ass.
>>
>>17807393
I've got like 3 money and a 50 000 euro investment case. Now what?
>>
>>17807400
man thats a start, you start golfing or join high class clubs like the palm beach society. Anything that needs an exorbitant amount of sign up fees is usually always a good start, then before you know you it you're in a orgy with the Rothschild's.
>>
>>17807400
but do you live where rich folk live? that is the determining factor. Not just the cost of the place but can you afford to live there. Showing up gets you nowhere and you assume rick folk cannot recognize a peasant when they smell them. Oh, unless your net worth is 2 million US don't bother.
>>
>>17807402
How do I know what and where the high class things in my culture is? I'm not an american.

Does opera count? I genuinely enjoy opera, and the cheapest tickets to the National are like 14 euros.

>>17807419
I have a car and I live within an hour's drive of two largest-populated cities in a country half the size of Texas.

I have no idea what 2 million US is worth. What does poor smell like?
>>
>>17807388
sex
>>
>>17807423
1881467.62 euros

You have to live in the neighborhood with the rich. You have to be able to afford the property taxes and upkeep of the property and you haven't nearly enough. It cost me double your entire portfolio annually just to pay taxes, upkeep and utilities.

Its easy to spot a pretender and wanna be. You make your money then buy your way in and even then there is no guarantee you will be accepted. Are you educated, have you traveled extensively, what do you do for a living, have any manners or is there anything you could even contribute to a conversation?
>>
>>17807388
College. Why do you think people want to go to Ivy league institutions?
Shareholders meetings and the likes can work too, but you need quite a starting capital for it.

>>17807419
>2 million
>rich
Nigger, please. That's upper middle class at best.
>>
>>17807388
I feel like I did this unintentionally when my middle-class parents mustered everything to send me to a private HS well known for its concentration of criminally rich Asians, old-money WASPS, and Jewish bankers.

So uh... go to school with them? Or any sort of shared activity.
What are your goals though? Because the kids I grew up around I genuinely liked and would've befriended them money aside. If you want to cosy up to them because of the types of activities they enjoy then you'll have an easier time, as opposed to wanting to be close for financial benefits since I guarantee they've had their entire life to gain experience in seeing through that shit.
>>
>>17807441
>That's upper middle class at best
you are correct and why he needs at least that to even bother trying. That puts him on the fringe. There is more difference between someone with a couple million and the rich than between the poor and that 2 million.
>>
>>17807445
>I guarantee they've had their entire life to gain experience in seeing through that shit.
Not really. Most of the really rich kids live extremely sheltered lives and have no idea about the world outside of their richfag bubble.
>>
>>17807450
maybe the kids but not their parents
>>
>>17807454
Fair enuff.
>>
>>17807435
The most expensive housing in the country is in the centre of the capital city. You can get there from the poor side of town on a bike.

I have some basic grasp of culture, and I know when to shut up. I've travelled roughly as much as any European, I work as a factory ape at a product redistribution plant (our work uniform is bright orange overalls), and my parents were roughly upper middle-class, I've got better table manners than some of my peers. I can be funny sometimes, and though it's hit-and-miss, I've gotten better at betting whether whatever I'm about to say will be welcomed.

>>17807441
University is free where I'm from. My dad's parents were straight-up below-poverty-line white trash and he left me a 70 000 euro inheritance.

>>17807445
Well, my parents had me and my sister in the snooty area of the country and moved an hour's drive away to a working class culture when I was 12.

I want the kind of company to whom I don't have to try to dumb down my vocabulary or go out of my way to avoid making references to culture they don't know about. Like okay I like doing white trash shit sometimes, but there's more to life than that, and sometimes I'd prefer to not be singled out as the snooty rich bitch.

>>17807449
I think we are functioning with a different frame work in mind. I'm not looking for the US 1%.
>>
>>17807474
>I want the kind of company to whom I don't have to try to dumb down my vocabulary or go out of my way to avoid making references to culture they don't know about.
Then simply talk with college students, professors, phds and the likes. No need to play the whole dick waving game with your bank account for that.

Also get a better job. It's given that most of your co workers aren't as educated and wordy as you'd like them to be if you do blue collar shit.

>I think we are functioning with a different frame work in mind. I'm not looking for the US 1%.
Not him but that's what your initial question implied.
>>
>>17807491
For that, I'll have to move to a town that actually has an university.

The reason why I'm doing no-education blue-collar job is because I'm too stupid for an education. University is free - yes, FREE - where I'm from, but the entrance exams alone divide the weak from the strong. My limitations aren't a matter of circumstance, they're flaws I was born with and will die with.

Though I admit things are very different comparing small, insulated homogenous countries and the global world, and I should have specified.

I asked the same question in my own country's equalent to 4chan and the answers are way different. Much less "you are bound to fail they will smell you" and more "get a tailored suit and behave yourself in an expensive place, half of everyone there is faking it too."
>>
depends on what rich people, there are Kardashian rich people where you basically have to kiss their asses the right way to get in, have money yourself, be an artist or gay.

or do you talk about educational and financial elite. you either meet their kids in the best schools or them at work 90% of the time.
>>
>>17807512
Yeah. So university parties it is, I guess.
>>
File: 1400068452937.png (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1400068452937.png
137KB, 300x300px
Be in the right place at the right time, and have something useful to provide for them.
>>
Act superior to them. Will work like a charm.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.