[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The purpose of life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1480391891982.jpg (211KB, 748x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480391891982.jpg
211KB, 748x600px
I know this is not a big place for advices but just wanted to ask you Anons about something and I would appreciate any serious responses.

Ok ,so my question is why the fuck do we live? Most of the people in Earth have miserable lifes and all they want is some sleep. Why we just don't shot ourselves and end everything? We literally don't know our purpsose . We just keep creating stupid purposes for our life like love , family , power but all this shit is just a illusion. We don't know the answer to the simple question which is who created us. Some people say God , some keep saying Science for every question that they can't answer but in reality none of this options is a bit logical.

Yeah , as you can I am kinda depressed but only because of what I said before.
>>
>>17807368
Life on Earth (or anywhere else for that matter) is purely accidental. There is no greater purpose or anything. It's just a certain combination of carbon atoms that we call life. Life is literally pointless.
>>
exactly but why we keep playing this 'game' ?
>>
>>17807381
Because 99.99999% of lifeforms on Earth aren't self conscious.

We humans could wipe ourselves out but we could never kill life on Earth as a whole. And besides, there's a good chance life isn't limited to our planet, so we could never ever stop life from existing, and even if we did, sooner or later it would develop again.

I besides all this, you die eventually anyway.
>>
>>17807368
you need to explore that shit in /x/

but I shall give you this on my own meandering through 25 years of life and 15 years if actually being aware of death.

We are no more then conscious primates that for some horrible reason started thinking about fucking and killing, and why we fuck and kill. We are of nature separate in and from itself we aren't really meant to exist. Now one day one of those primates become self-aware and oh man do I feel sorry for that primate. It probably looked at the stars and suddenly realized it exists. The second thing they probably began pondering on was death and this has pretty much fucked us up ever since the first primates became fully self aware of the consequences of mortality, thus we built our world around fucking and killing.

IMO; we are just unlucky enough to become consciousness enough to realize our own demises, we are on a small gold planet, powered by a tiny star, in a insignificant galaxy, we have no meaning, we have no purpose, we just are. BUT we have the ability to understand and contemplate, this makes us somewhat special. For a dog does not understand why the light bends on the horizon, but this makes the dog unconditionally happy while we struggle to find such contentment. I could go on but dont want to start a essay and a tldr wouldn't suffice.

also dont forget sunscreen.
>>
>>17807387
honestly this answer as much as it is correct it also is and sad . anyway thanks for replaying. i guess i and most of us will live this life until we eventually die for those stupid purposes like love and family.
>>
>>17807368

I know this seems hard for you, friend, but you must understand that life has no purpose. But not for us.

The idea is that we have been created with 2 purposes:
1. To be happy
2. To create life.

These two absolutes have been guiding humanity for as long as we can remember.
Example: when we were primitive, we would procreate (create life), and hunt, eat, and gaze(happy).
Now, we procreate (life) and still have fun (happy). The idea is that life is as meaningless and precious, so we must continue giving life. When we will be able to fly to the stars we will create life another way: just as we are created here now. We will make other planets like ours be able to burden intelligent life.
On the happiness side, comes a question. Why not take drugs or fuck whores, eat whatever you like? You know why we can't do that?
Because pure happiness, whether in pill or food form, leads to degeneracy.
Human race has experienced happiness through work, labour and love from one another.
People have exploited this, and extremes have arrised: fat people, whores, drug abusers.
What you must do to achieve happiness depens on 3 things: sport,adventure, and labour.
>>
>>17807368
>but in reality none of this options is a bit logical
Because the question is illogical. You can ask for the causes of a process, not for the reasons. Hence the whole talk about purpose is dumb as fuck and adding human value to things beyond human understanding.

"What's the purpose of the sun?"

>>17807381
Because it's fun. Besides, our biology makes sure we won't just log out, most of the times.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.