[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl friends rude mother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I'm 24, I've been dating a girl for a little over a year now, she's 22. I've gotta say she's really special to me. Her mother however is overbearing. She's rude, in her 60s, pretty racist.

It wasn't too bad at first. She used to just pressure me about my career decisions. I don't want to be an engineer or a doctor. I just want to be simple, like an electrican. My girlfriend is the same way. We've both talked about it extensively. We want to live small and simple in a cheap area, preferable far away from cities and people. We want education, but we don't want to spend then next decade of our lives learning to be things that have no guarantee, its not for us but I understand it's important for other people.

Lately things have gotten worse. To the point where I cant ignore it. She tells my girl friend to look for richer men, right in front of me. It's embarrassing, I'm left speechless with how rude she can be. I don't say anything. It doesn't influence her, but its rude as fuck.

What do?
>>
Take a good look at hear mother.

chances are come 40 more years that what she'll become.
>>
>>17807118
Completely incorrect.
>>
>>17807117
Why hasn't your gf come to your defense? What's her input?
>>
>>17807118
Fuck off. This is not true.
>>
>>17807117
she just wants the best for her family
>>
>>17807118
>Her mom is a fucking asshole.
>Chances are she will be too.
Wow, really sound logic there. I like how he posted the conclusion but not how he arrived at it.
>>
>>17807143
Sorry for late reply. There was a connection. Error.

It goes like this.

Gfs mother: "so are you in college yet? Are you going to be an engineer? You're going to end up homeless. You're killing my daughter."

Me: " I'm working full time and supporting myself right now. I'll be going to trade school"

Girlfriend: "please stop being rude mom"

Then my girl friends father comes in my defense as well. They fight and argue. I just watch. Usually I don't say a word other than what I'm presently doing with my life.
>>
>>17807155
If people are already taking your side versus her's then it sounds like you're just around her too much.
>>
>>17807155
She'll ramble on about how she worked 3 full time jobs when she was my age. And that I'm basically scum. That I have no future. She's got this pent up rage, because she went to college and became an engineer when she was young. But somewhere down the road it went sour. Because she lives in a small crampt condo in a poor part of town. She complains about it all the time.
>>
>>17807157
True. But what keeps running through my mind is that I have to say something. I have to respect her. I guess. Since she's my girl friends mother. And I could very well have to deal with her for the rest of her life. How do I tell her to fuck off with out actually saying "fuck off". I guess that's where I'm getting at. Lol
>>
>>17807159
Either stand up for yourself, tell her to stop being a fucking evil jealous bitch that she is, or just stop visiting her. I'm sure you can meet with your gf somewhere else? And if your gf still insists on you visiting (like doing dinners etc) have a real talk about it.

Some witches just need someone to put them to their place.
>>
>>17807164
No. I am a girl but if my bfs mother was like that and my bf SEES that it is happening, why would I wanna be with someone who forces me to be disrespected like that?
I hate when people use "blood" as an excuse to tolerate bullshit. I'm sorry, but your gf is a pussy. I would just get away from my mother if she was such a bitter monster to someone I love.
>>
>>17807164
Instead of having your girl friend and her dad there try to get a lone in the room with her for a one on one. Though she's a racist old bitch there has to be some semi-conscious part of her that knows you're not the second Hitler. Opening up to her is the only thing I can think of.
>>
>>17807169
She's suggested that I just not visit. I dunno. I guess the way I was raised taught me to stick with family. But she is an evil witch like anon above says. In fact my girl friend tells her she's an evil bitch daily whenever she talks to me like that. But to them that seems like casual banter. Like they're just used to hating each other. It's all really overbearing. Even her father is trying to leave her.
>>
>>17807170
I've actually had this opportunity. Sometimes we can have a pretty nice talk for 10 minutes. But some how at the end of our conversations we'll get right back to "and that's why you need to be a fucking engineer and get your life on track".
>>
>>17807175
Then do just that. And get the "stick with family" out of your head. Just because someone gave birth to you or came out of the same vagina as you, doesn't mean they have a right to treat you or someone you love bad.
>>
>>17807164
Tough spot. You can always try killing her with kindness. When she says you're bad for her daughter, tell her how much you love her and are willing to do for her. If she questions your career choices, tell her you're both comfortable with your decision for the time being, and that whatever ends up happening, her daughter's comfort and happiness will always be your top priority (even if it's not, lol).
>>
>>17807180
Seems right. It's tough. This is all good advice anons. Thank ya
>>
>>17807169
>I hate when people use "blood" as an excuse to tolerate bullshit.
This so much. Good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I see so much emotional drama caused by family baggage in my town, I really hate that people don't have the courage to tell someone to fuck out of their life just because they're their mom or brother or aunt or whatever.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.