[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romance in life --- as a new bachelor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: kino-and-hermes-traveling.jpg (54KB, 510x287px) Image search: [Google]
kino-and-hermes-traveling.jpg
54KB, 510x287px
Hey all, first post here...

I've recently gone through a divorce, and now I'm looking at ways to deal with my mild depression/loneliness.

I've decided (my cute crush decided) that a relationship only a few months after my ex moved out is too quick for me.

I'm very driven and successful, materially, though I have little to no understanding of my own emotions...which makes this more complicated. My ex took a long time convincing me that I wasn't enough to satisfy her, so I'm also dealing with self-esteem issues that I haven't dealt with since junior high.

I want to know how you single folks look for romance in your day-to-day life.
>>
i dont have an answer for your question but if you're dealing with self esteem issues, try working out. it seriously builds a lot of confidence.
>>
>>17806799
You are probably significantly older than me, but I've learned from an early age that no matter who is in your life, the only person that matters most is you. Fuck anyone else. They are all fleeting temporary strings that flit away while you build up your own inner pillar.

Life is a construct of pillars, all supported by the one pillar that they extend from, which is your inner self. Think of it like a domino effect. When one topples over, the others follow through, and the stronger ones will support the added weight, until more pillars are constructed.

Having a great circle of friends is a great pillar to lean on when your self pillar is toppled, but I like to think that all of your connections are supported by your own pillar, and the best way to reinforce your pillar is by never allowing the other pillars to topple yours over.

Friends, family, lovers, money, careers, they are all fleeting and temporary. People die. Management changes. Politics and money change. The only constant that is left is you. As long as you breath and have blood pumping through your veins, you live. As long as you are alive, you are always here. You are the one true constant.
>>
>>17806799
Take up yoga. You need to spend alone time with yourself. Do some major introspection. Gain mental strength and independence. The fact that you wrote that your ex was able to shatter your self esteem means that your self esteem was built upon shallow shit that doesn't matter.
>>
>>17806966
it isn't necessarily that my self esteem was lost, I guess. it's more like she convinced me that I didn't have what it took to love another person.

I know that it isn't my responsibility to make another person happy...but when she convinced me that I wasn't satisfying as a partner, that took it out of me.
>>
>>17806936
Arguing from the oppisite point of view here, that was just a bunch of fancy metaphors to skew a really complicated matter to one train of thought. Honestly you can work on yourself and have deep care for others at the same time. I don't give a shit about myself and I only focus on others, but when I find a weak point in myself I think about how to fix it. I live a happy life depending on others, not because I cant depend on myself but because I enjoy other people. But OP you say you don't understand your emotions. That's a tough one, I go through spouts of losing touch with my emotions, to be honest the only way I can come back is if I put myself in a time where I did have those emotions, usually with pictures, videos, etc. But it sounds like you probably wouldn't have any, so the other way is take drugs, MDMA, ephedrine from Walmart, acid, any psychedelic will bring you back to an amazing emotional state in my experience. Good luck anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.