[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Me and my gf have been together for 5 years. We live together with my brother and his gf. She has 2 cats, and the deal when she moved in is that if they start to spray they have to go.

One started spraying. Weve been trying for at least 4 months to stop it but it wont quit. No matter what we do. Ive dumped so much time and money into it thats its sad. But now its at the point where the cat just has to go... im in a lease, i cant just move out. But she wants to just leave.

I feel like the cat is more important than me and it hurts. I planned to marry this girl and shes ready to run because she cant get rid of a cat that sprays.

If the tables were turned, id find the cat a new home, no questions asked. Shes more important than a pet imo.

What do i do? Am i wrong to feel this way?
>>
Cut it's balls off
>>
>>17806709
This, you fucking dummy.
>>
>>17806672
Cat...sprays..what does it mean?
>>
Should of mentioned this i guess, both cats are fixed females.

No balls to chop.

And cats spray to mark territory, it stinks bad and lingers for a long ass time
>>
>>17806798
Oh, you should have just said so! That is a problem. You're being sensible, so that isn't a problem. You're right. You're a person, so you technically should matter more, BUT emotion is not rational, unfortunately. Your gf must really love animals. You can't really fault her for this. Animals can be almost as dear as children for some. Whether that's "right" or "wrong" doesn't really matter. It just is. She's obviously attached to those cats. So much so that she refuses to leave them.

Let her leave if it's such an unbearable problem. Why can't you live separately until you can leave too?
>>
That is the reasonable idea. In 6 months i just move in with her... except then in 6 months i move into the same situation im currently in.

Im not asking her to get rid of all her pets, i know what they mean to her. But at what point does a person decide they dont want to live like that? All the ruined furniture, clothes, carpet... the embarrassment of not being able to have family over for dinner.

I hate to say that shes choosing between me or the cat because i dont want to put her in that situation, and i havent voiced that.... but thats kind of how i feel, especially after realizing the cat is important
>>
>>17806672
Five paragraphs and not a word about taking the cat to the vet. Have you done so?

Cats in general are pretty tidy creatures. When they start to spray there's almost always a reason. They feel insecure or stressed for some reason (fixable), or more often -- they're sick or in physical pain (also fixable).

I'm not gonna offer an opinion on whether you're wrong or right. I'd never get rid of a pet if my girlfriend asked me, but I'm very much an animal lover. But either way, this shouldn't have to be a make-or-break issue. It doesn't have to be.

I'm not trying to patronize you or your girlfriend, but an amazing number of people seem to have to be told, "If your pet exhibits unusual, destructive behavior, take it to the fucking doctor."
>>
Pets healthy. Its security issues. It HATES dogs. To the point of if the windows are open and it sees one, it will spray. The only way ive seen it stop is to move. Then one incident and it starts again. We have to put blankets over the windows and crap.

It started at her moms old house. Stopped in the last apartment until summer when we opened windows. Moved again and it started here now, because roomate has a dog. We keep her locked in the room with us, so she sprays the wall by the door
>>
All the different sprays to keep her detered from spraying work for a while but she eventually ignores it. We deep clean the spot every time it happens, and if you try to block the area she just pees on whatever is blocking it
>>
>>17806824
You keep the cat locked in a room? One room? That's ... not OK, man.

I'm sorry, but if you knew being around dogs would make the cat spray, you should not have moved in with roommates who had a dog.
>>
Dog moved in after the cat. We werent aware of it. Its my brothers gfs dads dog, he passed.

Locking the cat in our bedroom was my gfs choice after the cat sprayed multiple places in the living room. It was her way to try and remove the cat from the dogs area. Me and my gf stay in the bedroom at all times if home, its not like we locked her in a guest room
>>
>>17806830
This. Let her move out. Join her after. Wait til' the cat dies. Until then, shelter it from dogs.
>>
This is why I refuse to move in with anybody who has animals.
I've been very clear about it before with my roommates and let them have a pet, but they inevitably puke, shit, piss, and irreparably damage the carpets , spread their fur everywhere, chew shit up
They're a fucking nuisance.

Women think they can away with having 3 cats and OH ANY MAN WHO WANTS ME WILL JUST PUT UP WITH IT AND IF HE DOESNT HES NOT WORTH IT XDDD
>I feel like the cat is more important than me
Because it probably is. Women view these shitballs of fur as surrogate children.
>>
Ive got to say i love animals. And i see where shes coming from to an extent. Growing up i had a dog that i treated like family. It was one of the most painful losses ive ever felt. I truly get it. But theres a line... humans are more important. If at any time that dog had started fucking shit up, or being aggressive, or about to remove the roof over my head.... id rehome it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.