[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you hold out for a job offer from a large, Fortune 500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: teampic_working.jpg (356KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
teampic_working.jpg
356KB, 1920x1280px
Would you hold out for a job offer from a large, Fortune 500 company with more "prestige," or join a more boutique, small operation that will allow you the flexibility to work from wherever?

Job #1 offers unlimited vacation and more potential growth. Job #2 is presumably way less stressful and more flexible.

Also, how long can you hold out on a job offer while you're looking at other opportunities?
>>
>>17806004

why do you have to 'hold off'?
>>
If you have offers from both, take 500 one. If you're just waiting, you have no idea they will even offer you one. And worse case scenario, you accept the first one, then accept the 500 one, and tell the small one you simply can't due to unforseen circumstances (moving back home, adverse schedule change, second job conflicts hours, just make something up)
>>
>>17806007

The smaller company is going all out trying to recruit me. I'm well acquainted with the owner and the person that would be my boss, but they're not going to wait forever - and I could tarnish my inevitable working relationship with them "waiting" for the Fortune 500 job.

I have a very, very good chance at the Fortune 500 job, coming from their biggest competitor, but their size is probably going to prohibit me from getting an actual offer for about a month, once HR completes the hiring process and all.
>>
>>17806039

id honestly take the smaller one for the following reasons.

1) 'unlimited vacation' isn't real. its not. in facti t makes it harder to take your vacation cuz taking ANY feels like you are abusing the system. when you know exactly how many days you have you know if you're good with the company, as opposed to wondering if taking a few days here and there is going to be the end of you.

on top of that, getting approval for vacation in a bigger company is also really hard if your'e at the 'offer' level. you will still get vacation but about as much as you would get everywhere else, about 2 weeks.

the small company being more flexible is probably more likely to give oyu more time if you need it, even if your deal says only two weeks, cuz they NEED you and know you're worth it.

i work at a small business hwere i run everything. and i do whatever i want cuz as long as moneys coming in and the jobs are done, not much else matters.

last month i took 2 days off to go to vegas.
THEN, when i got back i didnt do any real work for a week. i did the basic maintanence and that was it. didnt even come in most days.

when the owner got back from his trip and i told him this he just said 'dont worry, as long as the companies running it doesn't matter, sounds like you needed it'.

thats it. cuz they know you're doing a good job regardless of what you actually do, adn they know you're worth it.

less stress small business is the way to live mate.
>>
>>17806039
>>17806054

plus, if you take the first job you can still take the 'big job' when it comes. you can just go into the little office and say 'im sorry but i just reveived an offer at a much bigger company and i have to take it'.

be honest. they may be mad but you have to look out ofr yourself, and after a few more weeks of hiring someone else, they wont even remember you or worry about it. this is normal turn over.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.