[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mom kicked me out and wants to reconcile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1480299104129.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480299104129.webm
3MB, 960x540px
My mom kicked me out the house when I turned 18, on my birthday. I wasn't a bad kid or anything, I was quiet and kept to myself but she said she didn't want to support me because I wasn't going to college. She wouldn't hear me out and told she I have a day to leave or she'd call the police. I packed up my things and I was homeless for a couple weeks before I got help from one of my old teachers from high school. I stopped speaking to my mom completely after that.

Fast forward 8 years later, hadn't spoken to my mom since that day. My mother contacted me last week and wanted to speak to me. I told her I had no desire to speak to her and as far as I was concerned, I don't have any parents but she pleaded with me to listen to her.

I said fine and I gave her a listen. Basically she's hit rock bottom financially, she lost her job and has been ill lately. She can't pay her bills and she's going to lose the house.

Hearing this all I could "And? Any reason you're telling me this?" She said she wanted me to move and help her out. I told her I had absolutely no interest in helping her and she's on her own. She begged me and started crying and saying I'm all she has. I told her bluntly that I don't consider her my mother anymore and to never call me again, and I hung up.

She called me again today and told me she would do anything and she apologized for throwing me out. She starts crying again and said that I'm her only son and to please give her another chance. I told her I'd consider it and hung up.

Here I am considering. What do you guys think I should do? I'm really upset at her for throwing me to the sharks that early in my adult life. I was 2 weeks out of high school and I had absolutely nothing to my name but she didn't care and now she wants my help. I feel disgusted for even considering this but a part of me still feels a sense of attachment to her so I'm at least thinking about it.
>>
Fuck her, you reap what you sow.
>>
Nothing. You own her nothing.
She's regretting because she needs your help, not because she's actually sorry or does want to do anything with you.

plz do nothing and never answer to this bitch ever again.
>>
This sounds very made up. In case it's not do whatever you think you'll regret least later in life.
>>
Consider this OP, if she really wanted you in her life, wouldn't she have tried to reach out to you BEFORE she'd hit rock bottom? Sounds to me like she wants to leech off you until she has no more use for her 'one and only son'

I say you should give her a call, blow up at her for all her bullshit, hang up, and block her number. Good riddance.
>>
When you needed help, she threw you out and you had to struggle to survive. She's calling you now and needs help. You know what that feels like. If you can help her, help her. Be a bigger person. The other posters are right, you don't owe her anything because she's blood. But you do owe yourself honesty and a warm spirit. Otherwise you wouldn't have considered it. Good luck and let your heart guide you.
>>
Be the better person, try to help her imo.
Also I kinda wished I were you, my mother died when I was 14 but my father always supported me and now I'm 23 and still living with him, last year at uni, never had a job (got financial aid from the government due to mom's death).
I feel I'm lagging behind compared to my peers
I bet you're independent
>>
i'm inclined to suggest helping out if you can afford it.

but i would also suggest going through all of her financials with her to see what is going on, where money is going, etc. i would not suggest just sending her money, you have no reason to trust her or her judgement.

but it comes down to whether you're willing and able to help where you can.

if it was my mum, if i had some spare money, i would help a little bit. but i definitely wouldn't inconvenience myself. my mum has given me no reason to care about her.
>>
>>17805770
tell her if she sells you the house cheap then youll move in and help her out wait til you own the house then when she hits her 65th birthday kick her out of your house bonus if you tell her you dont want too support no retiree
>>
>>17805770
OP you gotta let go of the negative people in your life and move on, your mother is one of them. Don't give in, she just going to drag you down with her. Continue with your life as you are and be happy with the burdens of the past, change your number if you must
>>
Do not help her. It is Karma working her ways.

If she were well off she would not even bother to contact you.

Your mother was clearly a whore too since she probably dated some guy that had enough of her shit during those 8 years.

But she basically threw you in the dumpster, without a single care, and now she feels bad? Fuck that.

Remember, when a woman cries, 90% of the time it is a defense mechanism to have people take it easy on them.
Bitches always cry to dudes, but you will not really see a chick cry towards another chick. Why? Because chicks easily see through other chick's bs.
>>
>>17805824
fucking awesome plan
>>
>>17805770
mmmmmm sweet taste of revenge

ohhhh i wish i could experience this feel with out the suffering and homelessness

my moms a colossal bitch to and wanted to kick me out but said she'd wait till i graduated college

i would tell her to fuck off if she kicked me out and beg for help years later

you owe your mom nothing op
i know people are going to say

wahhh she's your mom
clothed and feed you all those year

but the way she kicked you out with no remorse and with out hearing your side of the story is such a shitty thing to do and i would not feel bad about telling her to fuck off if i were u
>>
>>17805855
>Your mother was clearly a whore too since she probably dated some guy that had enough of her shit during those 8 years.
a very unnecessary assumption.
>>
>>17805770
If my parents did this I'd probably be a better person now. Not denying she's a massive cunt, but theres still an upside to what she did.

Did she ever try to reconcile before in the past 8 years?
>>
Your mom sounds terrible. She doesn't care about you. She needs something and thinks you'll give it to her. Prove her wrong.
>>
>>17805770
Do whatever feels right to you OP. Either way you win. You can be the bigger person if you help her or you can make sure she gets her just deserts for her kicking you out in your early adulthood. As a stranger I don't feel like I can judge your decision because I am sure there is a lot I still don't know. You have all the power in this situation though. You should be able to feel good about either outcome. If one decision doesn't feel right to you then you know to pick the other choice.
>>
>>17805770
Help her OP, but only to be better than her

Always choose to be the better person
>>
>>17805906
To elaborate on my post here, our culture is fucked up

Helping people gives you power. There are older cultures where giving gifts was a form of gaining power. I read it in some retarded book in college called "The Gift" about how lots of ancient tribes would see who can give the bigger gifts, and the ones who gave more were more powerful

Help her out so she is indebted to you. Having people be indebted to you gives you power
>>
>>17805910
She's only indebted to you if she has the respect to feel indebted. It doesn't sound like she has that kind of morality. Moreover, I don't know what she could ever offer OP.
>>
>>17805917
I don't mean literal debt as in "You owe me money"

I mean as in subconscious awareness of what is owed. OP's mother isn't retarded. She knows who's right and wrong in the situation. She knows that OP knows that she knows.

It's not even about power it's about state of mind

What am I even saying. Just do it for the karma OP. You have one mom. Yeah she's shit, but it's really easy to be shit. You don't know what she was feeling
>>
I think there have been really good advice written here already and I just want to tell you that the whole story sounds very tough. I feel sorry you had to endure so much. Hope that whatever decision you make leaves you in a good state of mind!
>>
>>17805927
I know how you meant it. I was responding assuming that was how you meant it. Her behaviour, for what little I know, sounds sociopathic, or at least manic and uncaring. I don't know how OP's mother was prior to him being kicked out, but popping the kid out a hole does not deserve innate respect. If OP wants better karma, he can volunteer at a homeless shelter.
>>
Went through something similar. Was thrown out at 16 and shortly thereafter was locked up for 6 years due to living on the streets. Afterward I built my own little empire. Paid for my own college, busted my ass.
My mother later needed help. I hate the bitch. I supplied her about 10 grand before cutting her off.
Just send her a few dollars that you can spare. You owe her NOTHING!
>>
>>17805939
If there is a cosmic overlord, it is a giver. It provided us with something over nothing

It would look down on OP for disrespecting his more fleshy giver - his mother. He should respect her even if she's bitch

I just disagree with you that's all. It's not about getting anything back or about her being aware of this all. It's about OP knowing in his heart "I did the right thing"

Nobody lays on their death bed thinking "Damn I wish I never lent my mom some money back when we were younger". They lay there thinking "Damn I wish I did lend her that money, maybe we would have gotten closer"

Eliminate future regrets by doing the right thing even if it doesn't provide you with utility
>>
>>17805966
He can respect her position without giving her handouts. There are others in OP's life who deserve his charity and attention much more than she does. Who shouldn't he be benevolent to one of them? What makes his mother exceptional, but for the appalling way she treated him? I think any gratitude he ever had to her for giving him life is nullified by the fact that she never wanted a child.
>>
OP, I say fuck her, as cold as that is. She decided to tell you to go fuck yourself, let you be on the streets, scared, poor, and open to harm.

She's scared and poor and open to harm right now. You reap what you sow, as the other anon said.
>>
>>17805770
Op the best thing to do is manipulate and utilize. Greed is how you become successful but you it's also hide your malicious intent.

Start by explaining to your mom how you really feel and tell her you're very reluctant to help, let her know you need time to think about it. After a week reach out and tell her after what she did to you she needs to regain your trust. Make her jump through hoops but provide with some (not all) of what she wants. Pay attention to anything she has that you desire and scheme to get what you want out of her. She ever asks for anything have a "what's in it for me" mentality. Then never help her unless you get more. If she ever objects get very angry and threaten her and guilt her. "WHERE WOULD YOU BE IF IT WERENT FOR ME!? YOUR SON!? SHOULDNT IT BETHE OTHER WAY AROUND?!

If she ever doesn't take your shit say "ok mom You made the same mistake 8 years ago so I guess I don't need to see you anymore. I'm not coming back if you don't comply, simple as that"

If she doesn't comply don't come back and take back what you deserve.
>>
>>17805959
>built my own little empire

How can I be more like you anon?
>>
>>17805770
as crappy as your mother sounds, i would say help her. but only enough to get her back on her own feet.

don't let her leech off you, i feel like that's a high possibility. keep enough distance from her so she wouldn't be able to take advantage of you like that. provide her a place to stay and some food and let her get better.

to speed up the process, it might be wise to find her some job openings she's qualified for while she's staying with you. she will be too depressed and lack energy to do this herself for a while so don't count on her to find a job quickly.

expect her to stay 3 to 4 months with you until she finds her own place and a job. rest is up to you and your judgement.

i know it sucks, and maybe your mom might not even appreciate it at the end. but at least you'll know you tried to give her a second chance. you sound like you care a little bit about your mom if you're even considering this. better to give it a try than to deny it completely. just be smart about it.
>>
>>17805855
>Remember, when a woman cries, 90% of the time it is a defense mechanism to have people take it easy on them.

today's episode is proudly sponsored by statistics pulled right out of my anus (TM) (C).
>>
>>17805770
Fuck her

This is the sort of scenario that ends with you BOTH at rock bottom.

Would you adopt some random starving african kid? No? Then don't fucking adopt a womanchild who will actively drag you down and CLEARLY doesn't give two shits about you.

Seriously. Adopting some innocent random kid would be better than jumping into the sharkpit to save a shark.
>>
>>17805996
What kind of fucking psycho are you? God damn, anon.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.